Okay.....so I have my bb for strictly personal use. I was caught playing with the phone at work, and got written up for it. Now, I am banned from using the phone during business hours (I work at a bank) and it must remail in my purse....silenced... except when I am on lunch. This is horrible!!!! I'm way too addicted for this to happen! So I thought I would complain here where people would understand my pain.......this is just like not having it with me! It might as well be sitting at home! Oh sad sad days are ahead for me.......... Bubbles is all lonely in my purse. No bbm between customers??? uhhh..........
    I have developed a serious addiction to the crack.....at least I still have cb, for now......
    07-21-08 10:50 AM
    Time to change companies....

But really, it's just a phone.
    07-21-08 10:54 AM
    Hate to say this but........ Your company is absolutely right in doing what they did. I mean.... You are paid to work, not to play on your BB. I would do the same with one of my employees. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but...... Well, sorry!
    07-21-08 10:56 AM
    That sux! I'm sorry! ((huggs))
    07-21-08 11:01 AM
    Hate to say this but........ Your company is absolutely right in doing what they did. I mean.... You are paid to work, not to play on your BB. I would do the same with one of my employees. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but...... Well, sorry!

I so agree with Jenay.... Especially @ a bank!! I would not want someone dealing with my life and $$$ , and using any phone...
    Sorry you got banned.
    07-21-08 11:12 AM
    Have to agree with the majority. Stinks, but there's a time and a place. And I find it annoying when someones busy doing personal stuff and I'm waiting for service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 11:18 AM

Must agree with Jenaywins

Unfortunately as an Office Manager myself, this is the correct action. While at work your attention should be 100% to your job. Not a popular decision but thats the way it is.

Sorry you got so strickly banned at work. I am a bit more lax - but we have had to set down new rules as technology increases.
    07-21-08 11:20 AM
    Okay.....so I have my bb for strictly personal use. I was caught playing with the phone at work, and got written up for it. Now, I am banned from using the phone during business hours (I work at a bank) and it must remail in my purse....silenced... except when I am on lunch. This is horrible!!!! I'm way too addicted for this to happen! So I thought I would complain here where people would understand my pain.......this is just like not having it with me! It might as well be sitting at home! Oh sad sad days are ahead for me.......... Bubbles is all lonely in my purse. No bbm between customers??? uhhh..........
    I have developed a serious addiction to the crack.....at least I still have cb, for now......
    Apparently you are of age to work in a bank; but this post doesnt make me feel sorry for you in the least. Before a write-up, a person is usually spoken too; so the write up is generally the 2nd offense. You just would not quit- so you bought the ban on yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, you're employer did nothing wrong. To be this so called "addicted" to a phone is ridiculous. You're fortunate they didnt fire your a$$. Now that the BB has been banned and you decide once again to go against the grain, you'll be standing outside looking at the door, scratching your but*t and saying, "what did I do wrong?"
    07-21-08 11:25 AM
    Apparently you are of age to work in a bank; but this post doesnt make me feel sorry for you in the least. Before a write-up, a person is usually spoken too; so the write up is generally the 2nd offense. You just would not quit- so you bought the ban on yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, you're employer did nothing wrong. To be this so called "addicted" to a phone is ridiculous. You're fortunate they didnt fire your a$$. Now that the BB has been banned and you decide once again to go against the grain, you'll be standing outside looking at the door, scratching your but*t and saying, "what did I do wrong?"
    Wow! I don't wanna make you mad!
    07-21-08 11:33 AM
    Why? They are 100% right.
    07-21-08 11:41 AM
    All you need to do now is decide which is more important - your job, or pulling out your Blackberry whenever you feel like it.

07-21-08 11:45 AM
    Eh. Lexie keeps it real..... Bottom line, period. Ya gotta love it.
    07-21-08 11:45 AM
    All you need to do now is decide which is more important - your job, or pulling out your Blackberry whenever you feel like it.

Simply stated, and so very true.
    07-21-08 11:46 AM
    Why? They are 100% right.
    I know they are right. I even said it's just a phone.

Lex just blasted that girl!
    07-21-08 11:49 AM
    49, I'm not mad at all; no reason to be. It's just that these cry me a river post sometimes border on downright ridiculous. I dont care if it's called a Black, blue or huckle berry, its still a phone. And what the OP is telling the world is that she doesnt have enough self control to stay off of it.

There isnt anything magically delicious about a blackberry in which putting my job in jeopardy holds more priority than the actual job.

And really, what does "way to addicted" really mean?
    07-21-08 11:54 AM
    49, I'm not mad at all; no reason to be. It's just that these cry me a river post sometimes border on downright ridiculous. I dont care if it's called a Black, blue or huckle berry, its still a phone. And what the OP is telling the world is that she doesnt have enough self control to stay off of it.

There isnt anything magically delicious about a blackberry in which putting my job in jeopardy holds more priority than the actual job.

Ha ha (esp. at Huckle berry)! I hear ya girl!
    Jenay said it... you keep it real!
    07-21-08 11:58 AM
    Eh. Lexie keeps it real..... Bottom line, period. Ya gotta love it.
    Yes LOVE it... Never scared to tell the truth!!
    07-21-08 11:59 AM
    Ha ha (esp. at Huckle berry)! I hear ya girl!
    Jenay said it... you keep it real!
    I'm tellin ya...

Lol.... Huckleberry..... Sheesh.
    07-21-08 11:59 AM
    I agree with all the above posts 100%.

As a business owner I am very strict on cell phone use on the job.

I pay you to work.

Your Blackberry is for when your not around to work at your desk.

I don't pay you to socialize.

What did you say? You dont like that rule?

Leave.

Everyone is replaceable.

~~~

But, in her defense-

This site does play up the whole "addiction" thing alot, so maybe she thought she would get a different reaction from commenting how "addicted" she may be.
    07-21-08 12:14 PM
    Sorry, but, well DUH......you are not at work to play with your bb, and the fact that you got written up should tell you that you were out of line. I love my BB too, but I happily turn it off at work till I get to lunch.

If you are so addicted that you cannot keep from using it at work, then perhaps it's best if bubbles DOES stay home from now on......keep in mind that an addiction needs to be PAID for, and if you have no job, bubbles will die--no money=no juice=dead bubbles.
    07-21-08 12:16 PM
    wow guys......for the record, i only would pull it out when nobody was in the bank. no customer in front of me, nobody waiting. just during down time. i'm not ignoring ppl here.....just when i have nothing to do......
    07-21-08 12:20 PM

ROTFLMAO--I'm your huckleberry........sorry, couldn't resist.
    07-21-08 12:20 PM
    I agree with all the above posts 100%.

As a business owner I am very strict on cell phone use on the job.

I pay you to work.

Your Blackberry is for when your not around to work at your desk.

I don't pay you to socialize.

What did you say? You dont like that rule?

Leave.

Everyone is replaceable.

~~~

But, in her defense-

This site does play up the whole "addiction" thing alot, so maybe she thought she would get a different reaction from commenting how "addicted" she may be.
    That may be true, and maybe I am the only one, but I never took the "addiction" angle in the TRUEST sense of the word, as in I can't do anything because I am on my bb, to the exclusion of all else, and anyone who does, IMO, has problems that go far beyond this forum.

I think that as much as we love our phones, at the end of the day, we all know (as AG will tell you in a NY minute,-Hi AG)they are JUST phones.
    07-21-08 12:32 PM
    wow guys......for the record, i only would pull it out when nobody was in the bank. no customer in front of me, nobody waiting. just during down time. i'm not ignoring ppl here.....just when i have nothing to do......
    LOL, interesting how that fact only came out when no one agreed that you were done wrong by being written up--but it doesn't matter--your BOSS doesn't want you doing that, and as someone pointed out, you may have even been TOLD that once or twice before you got written up.

Don't you agree that keeping the job that allows you to PAY for that BB is more important than being able to whip it out whenever the urge strikes you?
    07-21-08 12:35 PM
    I'm not allowed to use mine either. I once held it in my hands for 2 seconds as I was changing it to vibrate so it wouldn't disrupt anyone, and I was told to put it away. I didn't even have the chance to explain why I was holding it to begin with and had to stuff it in my drawer.

Now I just keep it in my bag 90% of the time... it's really no biggie.
    07-21-08 12:43 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD