Chris Brown's greatest hits

03-01-09 08:33 AM
    as I don't agree or promote hitting a female .....
    but its not that serious, it's something that happened to them and why are we getting all involved
    and to ban his music is just taking it that far
    03-01-09 08:38 AM
    i hope that kid suffers. how dare he ever hit a woman! he is nothing but a COWARD!
    Statements like this make me laugh because you've never been in this kind of situation before. Talking stuff like this will get you smacked around by women for sure.
    Last edited by Leo J; 03-01-09 at 08:44 AM.
    03-01-09 08:41 AM
    Chris Brown's greatest hits...
    Bwaa haa. Now that is funny, however, it's funny because it's so sad! They same joke was used for Tyson... and Ike Turner.

If anyone DOESN'T see the similarities here between Givens and Tyson, you just aren't old enough. There are a hundred other examples. Tina Turner anyone?

The psychology of a battered partner, sadly, can be summed up in two words and a phrase from a song. The words are: Dependency and Fear. The phrase is, "The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care."

The fear isn't necessarily of the partner, either. It's fear of the unknown WITHOUT the partner. It's fear of abandonment. It's fear of making mistakes that their parents made. It's fear of hurting the partner more than the partner hurt them (as in, if I leave them, it will hurt them more than they are hurting me, and I won't do that to them like they did to me... )

Everyone makes their own decisions. If she stays with him and he never does this again and turns his life around and they are happy... we will all be saying, wow... amazing turn around. Look at all they made it through. But statistically, that won't happen...

And yes, he needs to be sufficiently "punished" in order to see that what he did has consequences, but that's not our job... its HIS job. She can't make him see how terrible it is to do violence to the one you love and the public can't either...

Inside, many celebrities are just scared little kids that get told every day how "cool" they are by everyone around them and all the $$$ they make..

ok ok ok... / soapbox.
    03-01-09 11:37 AM
    I think their is a huge misunderstanding on what happened here with these kids. This is a situation that has been escalating probably for a while the only difference is Rihanna surfaced with bruises as evidence. I honestly think Chris Brown snapped and went way to far but I think it was provoked. Situations like this with couples always escalate,she says something that he didn't like then he said something she didn't like and here comes the slaps,at what point do you hit back. Unfortunately men always get blamed as the aggressor and it isn't alway so their are many women who exploit the law and get away with it. I personally had to deal with a situations like this a long time ago but I had witnesses and she got charged and arrested. If their were no witnesses I can guarantee I would have been charged and she didn't have a scratch I did.
    03-01-09 12:48 PM
    lol. You two need to sit down before what I am about to describe comes to life in the inter-webs...

Indeed. You haven't read a word I have said if you think there is EVER justification for what he did.

You can never ever hit another adult (or child for that matter) unless it is in defense of your life. Nobody can "provoke" you to hit them. Try using that one in court.

Your honor, he just told me I was a weak, worthless limp wimp until I had to hit him and break his jaw.

Judgement: Plaintiff in the amount of $30,000 for medical bills and time off work caused by getting his jaw broke by the defendant.

Abusers always try to find justification for what they have done. She always criticizes me, he is always yelling and crying, etc etc etc...

Justification is the FIRST step in abuse.
    03-01-09 01:03 PM
    lol. You two need to sit down before what I am about to describe comes to life in the inter-webs...

Indeed. You haven't read a word I have said if you think there is EVER justification for what he did.

You can never ever hit another adult (or child for that matter) unless it is in defense of your life. Nobody can "provoke" you to hit them. Try using that one in court.

Your honor, he just told me I was a weak, worthless limp wimp until I had to hit him and break his jaw.

Judgement: Plaintiff in the amount of $30,000 for medical bills and time off work caused by getting his jaw broke by the defendant.

Abusers always try to find justification for what they have done. She always criticizes me, he is always yelling and crying, etc etc etc...

Justification is the FIRST step in abuse.
    Self defense is to protect yourself under any circumstances not just protecting your life. What will get you in trouble is to what extreme you go too. If a man breaks into your home and you beat him up you were within your rights to protect your home but if you bet him and break both his legs and beat him up it went fro defending and protecting your home to excessive force and torture.
    03-01-09 01:10 PM
    Is this a hollywood script..I've been told I look like Daniel Craig... I need a bond girl, STAT! Where's Carol!
    03-01-09 01:11 PM
    Self defense is to protect yourself under any circumstances not just protecting your life. What will get you in trouble is to what extreme you go too. If a man breaks into your home and you beat him up you were within your rights to protect your home but if you bet him and break both his legs and beat him up it went fro defending and protecting your home to excessive force and torture.
    Actually, statistically speaking, if you beat him up and he lives, he will sue you for assault and win.

Your best bet if someone breaks into your home is to shoot them dead, put a warning shot in the ceiling and call the police. You either play or you don't. There is no in between, and violence is still never the answer in DOMESTIC situations. Never ever.
    03-01-09 01:13 PM
    Is this a hollywood script.. I've been told I look like Daniel Craig... I need a bond girl, STAT! Where's Carol!
    haha ur so weird why'd u wink?
    Weirdo!
    03-01-09 01:21 PM
    lol. Because I am almost never serious... except about violence and *****?
    03-01-09 01:22 PM
    Hahha true.
    03-01-09 01:23 PM
    Well i'm not surprised. This is like the what? 4th time he's kicked her *** and they are still "together". LOL
    03-01-09 04:08 PM
    I think the Chris Brown/Rihanna situation is absolutely ridiculous. I started to feel sorry for her after the initial details began to leak but after hearing she may in indeed return to CB after what he's done to her I hope her popularity flops as fast as his did (Not to mention the endorsements as well).

It's funny how a lot of these artists sing about one thing and stand for something totally different in reality. And its a load of BS how easily they get off after performing horrendous acts as well.
    03-01-09 04:42 PM
    If they want to ban Chris browns music for what he did, then they should ban half of the artists who make music....
    yes, he is wrong but look at what other artists have also done......
    i completely agree with you,what he did was wrong but I think its up to a person to decide if they want to listen to his music or not.We have artists that have dodne alot worse than him,they didnt baned their music.
    03-01-09 10:31 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD