So, I am a married 22 y/o male, with no actual "certified skills" according to the civilian world. I spent two years in the military as a combat medic ( Hospital Corpsman ). However, due to tearing both ACL's and Medial Meniscus and all the surgeries and down time I have had, I am being seperated.

My wife, is going to school to be an RN, but still has another year/year and half before she actually has her degree and could provide.

Does anyone know of a company/job in the Knoxville, TN area that will hire someone like myself, and pay enough to live on? I cannot stay here in VA Beach, its just way too expensive so I must move back home, but I am in such a ****** up situation, I thought maybe someone here could lend some insight, if not know anything.

If you need to know more, just PM me and I can tell you whatever, this post is already pretty embarrassing enough.

Its pretty shady how uncle sam can just all of a sudden boot you away with no real good cause, and leave me and my family on the streets, after I have given every minute of my last two years to his service. Given, I know its happened to others, with probably a longer time in.. But even if I was in a different rate, I at least would have been qualified to do outside jobs in the civilian world. Whether working on planes, in factories, or whatever... As a corpsman, I know how to do just about anything and everything a trauma nurse can do (given I have the supplies) bullets wounds, severed limbs, etc etc.. Yet, only to 'active duty' members.. Sense I will no longer be active duty, I would think hey, I can just work at a hospital.. NOPE! Since I had field training, and on the job training, and technically didn't go to any type of "accredited school" and recieved certifications, or a degree, i dont "qualify" even as an LPN!! What the ****?!

Whoo!! Government
    08-11-09 01:57 PM
    Here in VB there are jobs for med techs and such...try Sentara...
    08-11-09 03:34 PM
    im really sorry to hear about this. consider it a lesson learned about our govt.

i really wish i could help you out man but im in mississippi and there are no jobs here anyway.
    i guess the only advice i can give you is keep your options open. any job is always better then none, no matter what they pay. things will turn around, the bad times only make the good that much better.
    08-11-09 06:44 PM
    Sorry about your situation it must be terrible, have u tried the Veterans human resources office? they might be able to help you I think you would fall under the Disabled Veterans Affirmative Action Program (DVAAP). Have u tried looking for work at Walmart or Target? they always hire veterans.
    Now you should not feel embarrased by this post it would be bad if u r a drug addict asking for money for your "wife and 10 kids", asking for advice or in your situation seeking employment should not be embarrasing. Good luck and just remember it let it rain, cause it can't rain all the time.
    08-11-09 07:12 PM
    Thanks everybody, I will certainly try and keep my head up high, and yes thats so true, any job will be better the NO job.

Ah, yes the I do fall under the disabled veterans, however it takes 3-6 months for any kind of turn around. I have submitted my medical record and such, I really hate to think I would have to draw disability, with injuries such as these, but I dont know how else I can provide, until I can get a better job.

Hopefully, soon when my wife graduates she can take over and allow myself to do SOME school and try to get an actual career. But thats just wishful thinking at this point.

Thanks again everyone, im gonna do my best. =]
    08-12-09 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD