Seriously maybe it's just the fact I'm British and our manners and tact are way beyond any other country but why are there so many rude, unhelpful and narky people on Crackberry? You post for help and you get a back handed answer maybe not everyone is as technically smart minded as others and are just trying their best?

Seriously getting fed up with rude responses now one of the reasons I don't post much!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:29 AM
    Some forum participants are more concerned with protecting their image of Blackberry devices than they are with helping others. Otherwise, why would someone post something like "I have never had that problem." How does that help the person who has the problem? It doesn't.
    Last edited by heymaggie; 12-16-13 at 12:00 PM.
    12-16-13 11:34 AM
    Seriously maybe it's just the fact I'm British and our manners and tact are way beyond any other country but why are there so many rude, unhelpful and narky people on Crackberry? You post for help and you get a back handed answer maybe not everyone is as technically smart minded as others and are just trying their best?

Seriously getting fed up with rude responses now one of the reasons I don't post much!

Posted via CB10
    It's the Internet. It's filled with rude people. I personally haven't had that issue, (I love it here! ) but I'm sorry you've been having trouble.

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    sam81, Anilu7 and jaydee5799 like this.
    12-16-13 09:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    One thing I advise posters is if they have a question, say their device, OS, how long they've had it, how long their experience is with BlackBerry, and as many details as possible of the problem. I've tried to help people with problems if I can think of a solution (don't try if I can't) and a lot of my answers were asking for more details. If the poster's first language isn't English I know it's harder but please do try. Then come back to your thread. So many times I've answered a post, along with others, and the OP hasn't come back to say if it worked.
    12-16-13 10:19 PM
    I've learnt to ignore such posts.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-21-13 08:11 PM
    Well starting a thread asking if anyone else dislikes their Z30 like you do isn't going to get you the most positive results on a forum of diehard never want to lose to apple or android fan boys. Many on here are firm believers in BBRY's success and any negative posts towards their beloved product will draw them out in forces.
    Nothing to do with your accent or manners as non of that shows through when your typing . Do have a question for you.... whats "narky" lol

Posted via CB10
    coaltowking likes this.
    12-21-13 09:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm British too and find that we can also be rude but that's usually when dealing with a snarky person.

Seriously, they're are so many smug know-it-alls on CrackBerry that I have had enough.
    It needs to stop. Permanently.
    Anilu7 and choccywockydoodah like this.
    12-21-13 11:57 PM
    One thing I advise posters is if they have a question, say their device, OS, how long they've had it, how long their experience is with BlackBerry, and as many details as possible of the problem. I've tried to help people with problems if I can think of a solution (don't try if I can't) and a lot of my answers were asking for more details. If the poster's first language isn't English I know it's harder but please do try. Then come back to your thread. So many times I've answered a post, along with others, and the OP hasn't come back to say if it worked.
    This is spot-on.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-21-13 11:58 PM
    Doing things like starting a post by saying that everyone that isn't British have poor manners is not a way to draw cheery responses. Maybe they're responding to your own lack of civility in turn.

Posted via my sexy-*** Z10 running 10.2.0.1803 ON A BOAT!!!
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-22-13 01:19 AM
    Not at all I'm just fed up with the rudeness hence my peed off post mate! This post is in response to all the snarky and rude people I've encountered since asking questions. I've been nothing but polite until now because I'm so fed up with complete tactless and rude people. People here need to remember that not everyone knows as much about technology as others nor do they have the time to search 5 million leak posts etc I personally have two children under 3 and work full time and don't understand half of the technical jargon written on here!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 03:29 AM
    I'm the same as you my friend but when ever you get the chance try to read through the forums and figure some of the stuff out. These guys get asked the same questions every five minutes and I'm sure you a d I would get to be the same. But overall I would say there a lot of people in here that help so much it's not funny. If you can try pm a few if them and they might give you some one on one help.

Posted for my Z30 on CB10
    choccywockydoodah likes this.
    12-22-13 10:06 AM
    I'm the same as you my friend but when ever you get the chance try to read through the forums and figure some of the stuff out. These guys get asked the same questions every five minutes and I'm sure you a d I would get to be the same. But overall I would say there a lot of people in here that help so much it's not funny. If you can try pm a few if them and they might give you some one on one help.

Posted for my Z30 on CB10
    Thank you I will do that

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:33 AM
    Wondering what that bippityboppoty chappy might think???

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 12:53 PM
    Wondering what that bippityboppoty chappy might think???

Posted via CB10
    Haven't a clue. I'm sure he'll let us know.
    12-22-13 05:52 PM
    ... maybe it's just the fact I'm British and our manners and tact are way beyond any other country...
    No offense intended. But the problem is right there in your own words.

If this is an indication of your other conversations, the problem is your personality. That is not a very tactful post as my immediate thought is not "how I can help you" but "great, another self righteous..."

Posted via CB from my LE
    Undbiter65 and moody like this.
    12-23-13 05:52 PM
    No offense intended. But the problem is right there in your own words.

If this is an indication of your other conversations, the problem is your personality. That is not a very tactful post as my immediate thought is not "how I can help you" but "great, another self righteous..."

Posted via CB from my LE
    Thought the same thing. Just decided to give him the benefit of doubt. *shrug*

moody likes this.
    12-23-13 05:59 PM
    Thought the same thing. Just decided to give him the benefit of doubt. *shrug*

I figured I'd be "that guy"...

Posted via CB from my LE
    moody likes this.
    12-23-13 06:02 PM
    I think the forums are just an extension of the rest of the world...it takes all kinds of people to make it go round.
    Please, if anyone has a question that you want answered and can't get some attention to it, please PM an Ambassador. We would be glad to pass along your question if we can't answer it ourselves.
    12-25-13 11:03 AM
    People are braver behind the computer.

We call them "Keyboard warriors".
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-25-13 11:11 AM
    Some people no matter how kind always have a small percent need to just release. Unfortunately it comes out here sometimes and the the submit button is hit to soon. I really do try to be helpful and remain respectful. However it's like a "who shot first" issue. Sometimes the OP asks a question and like 30 people give the answer and because the OP us hearing what they want to hear they keep playing the "what if game". This recently happened in a thread about not being able to remove the Z30 battery if you need to reboot. There were like 30 posts saying to use the volume rockers but this guy refused to accept it and then dug his heels in in what if volume rockers are broken or battery needs replacement, just kept posting and posting. It's like at that point shut it down, nothing was left to say to help. It's a shame but just as people have the right to ask any question, people have the right to respond in any manner as well, unless til they are reported or a Mod steps in.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    12-25-13 11:40 AM
    People are braver behind the computer.

We call them "Keyboard warriors".
    Indeed. It's a amazing how much garbage a person can spout behind a keyboard. Lol.

Anilu7 and moody like this.
    12-25-13 03:53 PM
    Indeed. It's a amazing how much garbage a person can spout behind a keyboard. Lol.

Unfortunately too true. Wonder how it would be if people were required to only show their true picture and real name on forums.
    12-27-13 10:46 PM
    I'm actually a woman not a man....and I meant that the British are renowned for our PC way of life and sense of humour not because we're better than anyone else!

But honestly I've asked for help so many times and all I've faced is pure rudeness and narky comments it's very upsetting.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:08 PM
    Well, since Ken asked (Hi Ken!) my thoughts are that there is no need to be rude and that when people are of such a mind that the best thing to do is not get angry about it.

I recently received a massive verbal (and pretty personal) rant from an ***** who was on an obvious wind up.

I simply commiserated for his fingers as he carried on suffering keyboard bounce.

That's us Brits, always thinking of others...

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-30-13 02:41 PM
    I'm actually a woman not a man....and I meant that the British are renowned for our PC way of life and sense of humour not because we're better than anyone else!

But honestly I've asked for help so many times and all I've faced is pure rudeness and narky comments it's very upsetting.

Posted via CB10
    Choccywockydoodah, you have a fantastic username, by the way. We should get married but I'm afraid that I would insist that you kept your name so you could be Mrs Bigglybobblyboo - Choccywockydoodah.

Now THAT is cool.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and Omnitech like this.
    12-30-13 02:44 PM
46 12