Maybe I smoked too much wacky stuff in my youth but I was thinking about how some peoples avatars kind of influence how I think about or read their posts.

Am I just weird or is anyone else influenced in some way by peoples avatars?
    02-13-12 08:09 PM
    ....or maybe you ate too much Canadian beef....what's that called, hmmmmmm, oh yeah, Creutzfeldt-jakob.

Now, speaking of your avatar, your dog reminds me of that black cat in a Steven King movie, lying in wait, waiting to rip my heart out through my rectum.
    02-13-12 08:25 PM
    I don't view you as a labrador retriever, if thats what you mean
    02-13-12 08:25 PM
    ....or maybe you ate too much Canadian beef....what's that called, hmmmmmm, oh yeah, Creutzfeldt-jakob.

Now, speaking of your avatar, your dog reminds me of that black cat in a Steven King movie, lying in wait, waiting to rip my heart out through my rectum.
    Well I hope that isn't what you think when you read my post lol.

OK I'm just weird. I'm good with that
    02-13-12 08:45 PM
    Whenever someone has a picture of an actual person as their avatar, I always wonder if the person is really them (especially if the pic is a fairly attractive female).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-13-12 08:55 PM
    OK like barskin. I can't help but picture her as that avatar lol. I guess it doesn't help that she is such a crack up most of the time.
    02-13-12 08:59 PM
    Whenever someone has a picture of an actual person as their avatar, I always wonder if the person is really them (especially if the pic is a fairly attractive female).
    same as me i always doubt if it's a really pic of the poster. maybe we are should try to trust something now
    02-14-12 02:54 AM
    I bet my avatar and I have alot in common
    02-14-12 08:36 AM
    I doubt the avatars have any influence at all in what people think about you. I mean, how could a silly little picture make someone think about you in an odd way...
    02-14-12 08:52 AM
    I remember a member named amber something. She had a weird garbage pail kid or something for an avatar with snot hanging out the nose or something.

I could not read one of her post without picturing this whiny snot nosed kid. Even if it was a normal post I still viewed her this way. Even more so when she had a rant lol.

I was curious if anyone else is influenced by avatars on how you view them or their responses. Something to talk about other than rim is dead, apple sucks etc. For instance if amanda had the default avatar I'm not sure I would read her post in the same way.

I guess like reading a book. If there is no pic of a character we form a pic in our mind of what that person looks like by what they say and descriptions.
    02-14-12 09:10 AM

My avatar is really me.........honest.
    02-14-12 10:28 AM
    OK like barskin. I can't help but picture her as that avatar lol. I guess it doesn't help that she is such a crack up most of the time.
    Yes, but she really does have a beard.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-12 10:31 AM
    Hey Chuck I didn't know you hung out here. Please don't kick my rear.
    02-14-12 10:37 AM
    I doubt the avatars have any influence at all in what people think about you. I mean, how could a silly little picture make someone think about you in an odd way...
    "Sign of the day" funniest topic on this forum! I think your avatar and signature says it all!!!
    Love it!
    02-14-12 01:24 PM
    Marginally popular 20 years ago? I think not.
    02-15-12 06:03 AM
    So, if you are influenced by someones avatar, do you also wonder why they picked it? You must like your dog a lot, Shane loves his son, Trucky...well...I think that's a real pic of him. To me knowing why someone pick the avatar would influnce me more than just seeing the avatar without the context behind it.
    02-16-12 08:33 AM
    So, if you are influenced by someones avatar, do you also wonder why they picked it? You must like your dog a lot, Shane loves his son, Trucky...well...I think that's a real pic of him. To me knowing why someone pick the avatar would influnce me more than just seeing the avatar without the context behind it.
    Hey, I have had a haircut since that one was taken... Give me some slack.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-16-12 08:37 AM
    Hey Chuck I didn't know you hung out here. Please don't kick my rear.

No, here hangs out with me.
    02-16-12 09:08 AM
    Well it isn't all of them, like yours doesn't make me think one way or another. I think it is certain ones along with what was posted. I know it is silly but I was trying to get something other than rim sucks, apple sucks, what is your guess on when OS2 will be out threads.

As for trucky his kind of matches his post. A playful chimp
    02-16-12 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD