Has anyone gone from driving an automatic transmission to a manual transmission just for the enjoyment of it?

My current automatic Honda Civic is nearing the end of its life with over 300000 kilometres. I don't drive a manual very well, but I have this desire to learn it and perfect it.

Has anyone here bought a manual transmission car after owning an auto? Any regrets?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    06-03-14 10:42 AM
    You'll only regret it if you have to drive in real gridlock traffic (e.g, L.A., New York City, etc). Beyond that it's better in every way.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 10:49 AM
    Is I missin sumfin ear?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:19 PM
    Has anyone gone from driving an automatic transmission to a manual transmission just for the enjoyment of it?

My current automatic Honda Civic is nearing the end of its life with over 300000 kilometres. I don't drive a manual very well, but I have this desire to learn it and perfect it.

Has anyone here bought a manual transmission car after owning an auto? Any regrets?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    I love stick shifts. Acceleration is way better by challenging the tach redline. You can save on brake wear with engine braking. You might be a hazard on the road, tho, if you aren't good with a manual tranny.
    06-04-14 01:22 PM
    If your wanting to swap to manual from auto, pick up a cheapy manual to get to grips with, if you find you can't get it then you've not lost a lot on it,

I used to work in the trade as a valeter (uk or detailer in US), daily youd be in and out of All manor of cars, auto's and manuals, some days was All of one, on the odd day youd get just one manual in after half a dozen auto's you'd get the forgetfulness hitting when trying to get it in gear without the clutch! ;-)
    If your in Towns a lot then an Auto is beneficial, But, if your a Drivers Driver then a manual gives you that Extra grin factor up in the rev range! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:29 PM
    The first car I drove when I had my permit was an automatic. But now, I'm 16 and I have my license. The car I drive now is a manual. It's a 2013 Beetle Turbo and it's a blast! I don't think I'll ever want an automatic car, it's too boring for me.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    06-05-14 08:43 AM