If anyone cares....

(CNN) -- The argument that led to singer Chris Brown's arrest on felony assault charges began when his girlfriend found a text message on his cell phone from "a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with," according to a sworn police statement.

Authorities charged Brown on Thursday with felony counts of assault and making criminal threats, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said.

The charges are in connection with an alleged attack last month on "his girlfriend," the office said.

It identified the woman only as Robyn F., but sources close to the couple have told CNN the alleged victim was singer Rihanna, whose full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty.

Brown was scheduled to appear in court later Thursday.

Rihanna, 21, was allegedly attacked by Brown on February 8 on a Los Angeles street before the two were to perform at the Grammys.

A search warrant used by police to obtain cell phone records related to the case included the sworn statement by Los Angeles Police Detective DeShon Andrews in which he detailed what allegedly happened in the early morning hours of February 8. Read the affidavit (PDF)

According to the statement:

"Brown was driving a vehicle with Robyn F. as the front passenger on an unknown street in Los Angeles. Robyn F. picked up Brown's cellular phone and observed a three-page text message from a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with.

"A verbal argument ensued and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against he passenger window of the vehicle, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion.

"Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.'s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.

"Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, 'I'm going to beat the s--t out of you when we get home! You wait and see!'"

The detective said she then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant, Jennifer Rosales, who did not answer.

"Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, 'I'm on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.'

"After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, 'You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I'm really going to kill you!'

"Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in [an] attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown.

"Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand, causing her to suffer a contusion on her left triceps that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand.

Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out of the window onto an unknown street.

"Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand.

"Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of 333 North June Street and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.

"Brown did not know what she did with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F.'s left and right carotid arteries, causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness.

"She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around and placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown's body and began pushing him away. Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet, causing several contusions.

"Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.'s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order."

Source: Chris Brown charged with two felonies - CNN.com
    03-05-09 03:05 PM
    He won't be charged bc she is testifing for him supposedly. I'm over this. Damn celebs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:10 PM
    She is testifying...on HIS BEHALF!!?!?!
    WTF!!!
    Are you serious? Where did you hear that?
    03-05-09 03:13 PM
    Bet he walks right away from this too...
    03-05-09 03:18 PM
    The kicker is she is still dating him! He will get probation and that will be the end of it. Its a high profile case and he has lots of money. Therefore no jail time because he is a celeb.
    03-05-09 03:24 PM
    The kicker is she is still dating him! He will get probation and that will be the end of it. Its a high profile case and he has lots of money. Therefore no jail time because he is a celeb.
    Exactly, glad to see we're on the same page...
    03-05-09 03:26 PM
    Im over it. They will keep dating and just put it in their past.
    I like how some celebs are endorsing domestic violence awareness in leiu of it
    03-05-09 03:33 PM
    No jail time trust me. Especially because she's stupid enough to "forgive" him. This is just a reflection of society in general. Girls take violent abuse from their partners and they still stay with him.

I don't think at all that anyone deserves to be hit, but if he beats her up again I'll have no sympathy. Who cares.
    03-05-09 03:35 PM
    I'm just saying...if a guy is doing all that...I'ma get a hit in SOMEWHERE!!!
    I mean...dang...scratch him with them fake nails...shove a stiletto in his side or in his crotch...pinch his nipples....something! He ain't gonna walk away without a scratch...if he walks away at all!
    03-05-09 03:53 PM
    She is a dumb *****!!! haha yea right like I would go back to the bf that beat my ***!! She is out of her f'in mind!! I guess he beat her silly!
    03-05-09 04:02 PM
    That Story Depressed Me.
    03-05-09 05:47 PM
    She is a dumb *****!!! haha yea right like I would go back to the bf that beat my ***!! She is out of her f'in mind!! I guess he beat her silly!

Its actually a very common thing that occures. The woman gets beat and sticks by her man even though he beat her. Happens allllllllllll the time.
    03-05-09 06:07 PM
    Effin stupidity..they should both be shot for the benefit of society.

03-05-09 07:42 PM
    I see it about twice a month... it's... just sad. I've talked to cops who say they see it once a WEEK!!
    03-05-09 09:00 PM
    I see it about twice a month... it's... just sad. I've talked to cops who say they see it once a WEEK!!
    That simply reminds me that because of the fact there will always be inept people who place value/importance/priorities on the incorrect things...I'm sure with the way the economy is now; some couples express difficulty in their lives because of these financially trying times by taking their frustration (physical violence) out on one another. I'm sure there is an upwards spike in domestic violence/divorce with a correlation to a bad economy.

However I digress; yet not in a totally off-topic way.

Of course I'm sure (in fact it's probably obvious) that this whole Chris Brown/Rihanna incident didn't stem from financial matters...but by her not only taking him back; but also (supposedly) testifying in defense of him...it sends the wrong message to both of their fans (who are predominantly younger) that this is acceptable behavior.

Technically we are all on the outside looking in with this incident; so a lot of the specifics/details will always be left to speculation. That however does not excuse the fact that THERE SHOULD BE NO allowance for ANY type/manner of physical violence in a relationship.
    Last edited by Fence; 03-05-09 at 09:47 PM.
    03-05-09 09:45 PM
    Try him and compel her to testify. If she refuses lock her
    dumb a$$ up too.

Men like this p!ss me off, but women who enable them moreso.
    03-05-09 10:08 PM
    Yeah...I have a relative who stayed in an abusive relationship, for the longest time. Had us all (me included) runnin' over to the house, with baseball bats and two-by-fours, only to turn on US, when we tried to protect her.

So...that was the end of that. She finally left him, after she discovered him with another woman. Go figure.
    03-05-09 10:13 PM
    I read this story earlier today and it made my stomach turn. I know people have a tendency to stay in abusive relationships. I really feel bad for her and hope she gets help.
    03-05-09 10:19 PM
    Try him and compel her to testify. If she refuses lock her
    dumb a$$ up too.

Men like this p!ss me off, but women who enable them moreso.
    Often times there are certain dynamics between the couple where people on the outside may not completely understand/relate with the couple. To the people on the outside of an abusive relationship; they may look at the decision(s) needed to be taken as no-brainers in their hearts and minds...whereas the ones in the couple don't see it as so.

On the flip-side; sometimes those outside people (third opinions) can provide clarity to the ones involved in a abusive relationship (both the abuser and abused).

It is cases and circumstances such as this Chris Brown/Rihanna incident that perpetuate a continued acceptance of either all-out spousal abuse; or even degrees of it...sad indeed.

Yeah...I have a relative who stayed in an abusive relationship, for the longest time. Had us all (me included) runnin' over to the house, with baseball bats and two-by-fours, only to turn on US, when we tried to protect her.

So...that was the end of that. She finally left him, after she discovered him with another woman. Go figure.
    There is nothing like the feeling of having your hands tied behind your back when it comes to what a person feels is the best for their loved one(s)...only to find that their loved one(s) don't see YOUR best as THEIR best.
    03-05-09 10:50 PM
    There is nothing like the feeling of having your hands tied behind your back when it comes to what a person feels is the best for their loved one(s)...only to find that their loved one(s) don't see YOUR best as THEIR best.
    Right...women are funny, like that. Just like when we discover an unfaithful husband/boyfriend, we'll go after the other woman, rather than deal directly with the discount dude � as if we're trying to claim something that, in actuality, never claimed us.

Also, a lot of women front � they'll make you think they wouldn't take abuse from a man, but follow 'em home. Many of us like to fake it, but some of us never actually...make it. If as many women who swear up and down that they're "not havin' it!", actually held that position, things wouldn't be as they are. The numbers don't add up. Men do, because they can.

My dad was a drunk, and an abusive man, so I have zero tolerance for it. I think if a man actually hit me, it would be last thing he did, if I got up.
    03-05-09 11:09 PM
    That report was pretty sick, **** Brown. *****!

I'm scratching my head how women accept this that she will continue seeing him. I can't feel sorry if this happens again. I just hope it doesn't lead to death. Women.

03-06-09 12:29 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if she withdrew her statement to the police before the trial date. She will do whatever she can to keep him out of jail.

When it happens again, (yes when, not if) the public should turn a blind eye. For her to testify for him is wasting the court's time and the tax payer's money.

Some people can live with things easier then others.

Had he done that to me, he would always need to sleep with one eye open. I wouldn't fool myself in thinking I could take him. That is why I always say...

If I couldn't get him on his feet, I would da*n sure get him on the sheets.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 03-06-09 at 02:28 PM.
    03-06-09 12:42 AM
    He needs anger mangt classes and to be taught a lesson
    And this should be then end of (if you want to call it) relationship

03-06-09 02:22 AM
    I read this story earlier today and it made my stomach turn. I know people have a tendency to stay in abusive relationships. I really feel bad for her and hope she gets help.
    If she wasn't hanging out with him on vacations weeks after that animalistic attack I'd feel sorry for her. But she's stupid. I have no sympathy for when he kicks her a$$ again. Believe me he will.

Most of the time it's the attractive chicks that have self-esteem issues.

By the way, it's not only "violence against women" that should be addressed, it's domestic violence in general.

03-06-09 02:23 AM
    Is That You, Hi-Definition ?
    03-06-09 08:59 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD