I am surprised to read this news on yahoo that General Motors files for bankruptcy protection, check it:

General Motors files for bankruptcy protection
    Last edited by aadiawan; 06-01-09 at 07:49 AM.
    06-01-09 07:44 AM
    Yes I saw this as well-rec'd a 7togo.com alert text-have not had a chance to read yet tho-- last I heard the company knew this was coming though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:51 AM
    THANK GOD!
    Why should we bail someone out that is in $172.81 billion in debt??

Honda and Toyota should buy out the car dealerships that are struggling and take over the car industry. Just my opinion.
    06-01-09 07:52 AM
    i am sad.......
    06-01-09 07:57 AM
    about time, the cars/trucks are over priced and seems like they didnt do much to lower the prices of the vehicles, and they want to know why no one is buying, well one reason no one is going to buy a 4x2 pickup for 27,000 with only basic options
    06-01-09 08:00 AM
    about time, the cars/trucks are over priced and seems like they didnt do much to lower the prices of the vehicles, and they want to know why no one is buying, well one reason no one is going to buy a 4x2 pickup for 27,000 with only basic options
    EXACTLY!
    so why would someone not want to go to toyota or honda and buy something cheaper that will last longer!?
    06-01-09 08:09 AM
    THANK GOD!
    Why should we bail someone out that is in $172.81 billion in debt??
    100% agree with you Ambz!

06-01-09 08:10 AM
    100% agree with this also!

06-01-09 08:11 AM
    EXACTLY!
    so why would someone not want to go to toyota or honda and buy something cheaper that will last longer!?
    Hahaha My dad keeps thinking I'm going to be getting one of those Cobalts...

Screw that noise, I'll get a Honda Civic. Better fuel economy, less repairs, and cheaper to buy used...
    06-01-09 08:12 AM
    yea im looking at VW jetta now...i dont think i wanna go with an american made car right now..
    06-01-09 08:13 AM
    yea im looking at VW jetta now...i dont think i wanna go with an american made car right now..
    Yeah, didn't VW win car of the year or something? Or most sales? I don't really keep up with anything
    06-01-09 08:15 AM
    yea and few people i know have them they beat them to death and still run great
    06-01-09 08:16 AM
    That's good I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting a Civic now. If I change my mind at all, it will probably change to a Mustang.

Now I'm just figuring out whether I want standard or automatic. I drove my friends standard truck the other day, and it's kind of fun
    06-01-09 08:23 AM
    Hahaha My dad keeps thinking I'm going to be getting one of those Cobalts...

Screw that noise, I'll get a Honda Civic. Better fuel economy, less repairs, and cheaper to buy used...

haha seriously your dad needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
    i don't know why people would think you would want a car will crappy gas mileage, more repairs and to pay for something that is not even worth it.

you will be making the best move by getting and honda civic. great on gas, LESS repairs and yep they are way cheaper used.

I bought a 2005 toyota corollaS with 68000 miles for 9000 and some old dollars. and that was my price after taxes PLUS an extended warranty.
    06-01-09 08:24 AM
    haha seriously your dad needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
    i don't know why people would think you would want a car will crappy gas mileage, more repairs and to pay for something that is not even worth it.

you will be making the best move by getting and honda civic. great on gas, LESS repairs and yep they are way cheaper used.

I bought a 2005 toyota corollaS with 68000 miles for 9000 and some old dollars. and that was my price after taxes PLUS an extended warranty.
    How the heck are you kids affording 10 000 dollar cars? Geez... I'm looking at 2002 Honda Civics with 150k for 5 or 6 grand
    06-01-09 08:26 AM
    Well I have rather good credit for my age. My interest rate is only like 8% I put 3000 down and it helped that I have two credit cards. All I have to do is pay those suckers off and then all I have left to worry about is my loan. I would not have been able to buy that car if I would not have saved money and put a good down payment on it.

ps. i'm not a kid, I am going to be 20 this Thursday!!
    06-01-09 08:29 AM
    thinkamp, how do you like your car? b/c im lookin for a new car now, but i dunno what i want yet
    06-01-09 08:31 AM
    US manufacturers for years refused to make cars that can compete with Toyota or Honda and Nissan. And because of greed and old thinking this has destroyed this industry. I for one don't want to keep putting money into a bottomless pit.

06-01-09 08:31 AM
    I love the toyota corolla! Good on gas, a very roomy car, &cheaper repairs. I may also like my toyota more because it has the little body kit and the spoiler.
    06-01-09 08:33 AM
    Well I have rather good credit for my age. My interest rate is only like 8% I put 3000 down and it helped that I have two credit cards. All I have to do is pay those suckers off and then all I have left to worry about is my loan. I would not have been able to buy that car if I would not have saved money and put a good down payment on it.

ps. i'm not a kid, I am going to be 20 this Thursday!!
    Lol. The bank called me a while ago telling me to get a Credit card so I could get a credit rating. Still don't have one... And I would classify 20 as being a kid... Can you even drink legally in your State
    06-01-09 08:35 AM
    btw thinkamp, i finally got my black housing on my BB, its lookin good
    06-01-09 08:36 AM
    Lol. The bank called me a while ago telling me to get a Credit card so I could get a credit rating. Still don't have one... And I would classify 20 as being a kid... Can you even drink legally in your State

You really should get a car if you are planning on financing a car. &if you want to be the only one on your title.

Well no I cannot drink LEGALLY yet, but I sure as h3ll am old enough to go to jail in my country. So really I am NOT a kid, but good try!
    06-01-09 08:38 AM
    btw thinkamp, i finally got my black housing on my BB, its lookin good
    congrats! did you make a post anywhere I want to see! is the ring around the trackball black also? that REALLY sets it off right!
    06-01-09 08:39 AM
    no i still have the sliver ring, and i gotta get the case back off, i got dirt under the screen, but ill make a post this eveing
    06-01-09 08:41 AM
    you should totally get the black ring...someone suggested that i get it when i first did my housing and i say nah i like the chrome ring and then i finally decided i wanted the black ring bought it from someone here on crackberry and i got that baby on my phone it set it off so well! i have a purple condom and a purple trackball and it looks so nice!

can't wait for the post!
    06-01-09 08:44 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD