If going left is right wouldn't it be right to go left?
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    06-02-12 07:24 PM
    Do I have to order a magazine to win the "Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes "?
    06-02-12 07:30 PM
    What is the longest word in the English language?
    06-02-12 07:32 PM
    Can you solve this riddle?

Two words my answer is, only two words. To keep me you must give me.
    06-02-12 07:42 PM
    1 +2 have been answered adequately
    As for 3. I would have to say no because I don't even want that visual running around in my head.
    Aw c'mon H, we're among friends...admitting you're a chubby chaser is the first step to nirvana.

If going left is right wouldn't it be right to go left?
    Yes.

Do I have to order a magazine to win the "Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes "?
    No!

What is the longest word in the English language?
    That all depends on whether it is a technical term not in the dictionary, or coinage, if it's in Latin, or it's found in literature, such as in James Jorce's made up word in "Finnegan's Wake.

Bottom line, there is no definitive "longest word" in the English language, or any language for that matter.
    06-02-12 07:46 PM
    Aw c'mon H, we're among friends...admitting you're a chubby chaser is the first step to nirvana.

Yes.

No!

That all depends on whether it is a technical term not in the dictionary, or coinage, if it's in Latin, or it's found in literature, such as in James Jorce's made up word in "Finnegan's Wake.

Bottom line, there is no definitive "longest word" in the English language, or any language for that matter.
    Smiles is the longest word in the English language. There is a Mile between the first and last letter.
    Last edited by Hgouck; 06-02-12 at 07:54 PM.
    06-02-12 07:49 PM
    The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it.
    What is it?
    06-02-12 07:53 PM
    The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it.
    What is it?
    They're gettin' eeeeaaaasyer!

That'd be a coffin
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-02-12 09:07 PM
    One down one to go
    06-02-12 10:19 PM
    Can you solve this riddle?

Two words my answer is, only two words. To keep me you must give me.
    Your word
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-02-12 10:29 PM
    What is the shortest word in the English language that is NOT a combination of two vowel sounds (dipthong)?
    06-03-12 04:11 PM
    It's a tie!! Two words I can think of would be: I... or a...

And sticking with the flavor of this post

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place.
    Last edited by sputneek; 06-03-12 at 04:50 PM.
    06-03-12 04:37 PM

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place.
    The letter E. End, spacE, Every placE
    06-03-12 05:34 PM
    I said no dipthongs.......
    06-03-12 09:57 PM
    I have a question.

Why do you think that unemployment for veterans (12.7% for veterans who served in the military since 2001) is significantly higher than the national unemployment rate (8.2%)? Why do you think veterans are disproportionately affected?
    06-03-12 10:23 PM
    I have a question.

Why do you think that unemployment for veterans (12.7% for veterans who served in the military since 2001) is significantly higher than the national unemployment rate (8.2%)? Why do you think veterans are disproportionately affected?
    What makes you believe the spin/lie that has been perpetrated by this administration that the national unemployemnt rate is only 8.2%; what additional facts, criteria, and groups of people have not been included in this report? Since you have some concern about the unemployment rate of veterans, why do you think that is, their unemployment rates being what you say they are?
    sputneek likes this.
    06-04-12 07:06 AM
    I have a question.

The US military are not included in the NFP - Non farm payroll (US job numbers) just like farm, domestic and home workers.
    sputneek likes this.
    06-04-12 07:15 AM
    What makes you believe the spin/lie that has been perpetrated by this administration that the national unemployemnt rate is only 8.2%; what additional facts, criteria, and groups of people have not been included in this report? Since you have some concern about the unemployment rate of veterans, why do you think that is, their unemployment rates being what you say they are?
    You are correct that the current administration is playing games with the numbers to make the unemployment rate look better than it really is. However, all the past administrations (and I would guess all the future ones as well) played with the numbers as well. There are a lot of people that are unemployed that are not counted and have never been.
    sputneek likes this.
    06-04-12 07:34 AM
    I don't know about elsewhere but around here veterans get priority when it comes to jobs. Not a bad thing if qualified or can be trained like anyone else. They deserve this opportunity for putting their rears in harms way to protect the rest of us.
    sputneek and Hgouck like this.
    06-04-12 07:41 AM
    You put military on your application or resume and you get first look in my book.
    sputneek likes this.
    06-04-12 04:19 PM
    Why do those dirty water dirty Sabrett hotdogs sold from carts in NYC taste so much better then any dog you can buy or make yourself; and while I'm at it, what makes the dirty Philadelphia pretzel taste so much better then any hot soft pretzel you can buy on any street in America?
    06-07-12 04:00 PM
    I hold the secret to this but I, in as much as I would like to enlighten you on this matter, have been sworn to secrecy by the dirty powers that be......
    06-07-12 04:26 PM
    Why do those dirty water dirty Sabrett hotdogs sold from carts in NYC taste so much better then any dog you can buy or make yourself; and while I'm at it, what makes the dirty Philadelphia pretzel taste so much better then any hot soft pretzel you can buy on any street in America?
    Unlike sputneek I will answer the question you are pondering. They are both flavored with an ingredient that is unavailable anywhere else. It is geographically exclusive to the region. It is their pollution. And they really do taste great.

P S. Don't tell me what's in it please.
    06-07-12 04:49 PM
    I hold the secret to this but I, in as much as I would like to enlighten you on this matter, have been sworn to secrecy by the dirty powers that be......
    Unlike sputneek I will answer the question you are pondering. They are both flavored with an ingredient that is unavailable anywhere else. It is geographically exclusive to the region. It is their pollution. And they really do taste great.

P S. Don't tell me what's in it please.
    I have the answer....it's simply the deliciously fetid tap waters of these two great cities that makes everything cooked in it a culinary orgasm; the bread, the pizza dough, the boiled hot dogs, the bagels...anything and everything foodwise where water is an essential ingredient in its preparation tastes soooo much better if the water is funky.
    06-07-12 06:14 PM
    If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
    06-10-12 02:33 AM
127 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD