I found this:
    The economically underdeveloped countries of Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Latin America, considered as an entity with common characteristics, such as poverty, high birthrates, and economic dependence on the advanced countries. The French demographer Alfred Sauvy coined the expression ("tiers monde" in French) in 1952 by analogy with the "third estate," the commoners of France before and during the French Revolution-as opposed to priests and nobles, comprising the first and second estates respectively. Like the third estate, wrote Sauvy, the third world is nothing, and it "wants to be something." The term therefore implies that the third world is exploited, much as the third estate was exploited, and that, like the third estate its destiny is a revolutionary one. It conveys as well a second idea, also discussed by Sauvy, that of non-alignment, for the third world belongs neither to the industrialized capitalist world nor to the industrialized Communist bloc. The expression third world was used at the 1955 conference of Afro-Asian countries held in Bandung, Indonesia. In 1956 a group of social scientists associated with Sauvy's National Institute of Demographic Studies, in Paris, published a book called Le Tiers-Monde. Three years later, the French economist Francois Perroux launched a new journal, on problems of underdevelopment, with the same title. By the end of the 1950's the term was frequently employed in the French media to refer to the underdeveloped countries of Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Latin America.

Too tired to pose a question tonight get back to you in the morning
    What is French elitism?

I'll take boring college courses for 500.
    05-23-12 10:22 PM
    What is French elitism?

I'll take boring college courses for 500.
    Something like the British upper crust and Aleck ain't in the house
    Unless you consider the smart one who posted that
    05-23-12 10:45 PM
    Wow, sput has definitely got game; and wuf wuf, you have been served.
    05-24-12 05:34 AM
    Here's an old one my Grandma once bugged me with

A man is writing a letter in a cabin on a mountain during a thunderstorm, the man dies.
    How did he die?
    05-25-12 06:47 AM
    Here's an old one my Grandma once bugged me with

A man is writing a letter in a cabin on a mountain during a thunderstorm, the man dies.
    How did he die?
    Tricky one. It must be word play somewhere.....I'll say it first. He got electrocuted via the lightning and the conductive pen?
    05-25-12 07:01 AM
    In a plane crash. He's in the cabin of a plane that a thunderstorm brings down onto a mountain.
    sputneek likes this.
    05-25-12 07:38 AM
    A man is walking down the street, sees a bar, enters, and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says "thank you', and leaves the bar. What happened?
    05-25-12 07:40 AM
    In a plane crash. He's in the cabin of a plane that a thunderstorm brings down onto a mountain.
    Aha, that's a good one. You really are a genius

See word play was at work.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-25-12 07:52 AM
    Is it true if it wasn't for bad luck some people would have no luck at all?

A plane crashes on the US Canadian border. Where do you bury the survivors?
    05-25-12 07:59 AM
    A man is walking down the street, sees a bar, enters, and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says "thank you', and leaves the bar. What happened?
    No brainer The man had the hiccups. He asked the bartender for a glass of water to cure the hiccups. However, the bartender instead scared the hiccups out of the man by pointing a gun at him. Since the bartender cured his hiccups, the man thanked him and left.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-25-12 08:05 AM
    Is it true if it wasn't for bad luck some people would have no luck at all?

A plane crashes on the US Canadian border. Where do you bury the survivors?
    Not nice burying people alive man
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-25-12 08:08 AM
    Beulah dies in the mountains, and Craig died at sea. Why is everyone happy over their demise?
    05-25-12 11:45 AM
    Ummmm, hurricanes maybe....
    05-25-12 11:58 AM
    That was a way to EZ one just for sput. Here's one, how important does a person have to be before they are considered assasinated instead of just murdered?
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-25-12 at 03:38 PM.
    sputneek likes this.
    05-25-12 03:02 PM
    Don't think importance is really the difference, it's more why you kill a person. If you kill someone because, let's say; this guy is too darned smart in a particular off topic forum and it's getting on your nerves, that would be murder.

Now if you kill someone you know only by reputation, no direct involvement with said individual, that would be assassination Like a hit on someone 'cause he just plain has to go
    alnamvet68 and paddygirl16 like this.
    05-25-12 03:59 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LMAO

P.S. If some ham fisted no neck barrel chested 5'9", 300 lb swarthy guy in a $2000 suit shows up at your house saying he's my uncle, you may want to have a Jesus moment and say sayonara bye bye, adios muchachos, to you significant other(s).
    sputneek likes this.
    05-25-12 04:06 PM
    Oh! Yeah? My significant other says your "uncle" could wind up in a box, like the last guy she did

And allow me to introduce you to my significant other

alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-25-12 06:37 PM
    My question will always be, why on earth would any normal person lay claim to having a 2 ton Boricua Burgher as a significant other; and she "did" that obese Chastity Cher lookalike to boot....dayum!
    sputneek likes this.
    05-26-12 08:04 AM
    My significant other says I gotta handle this myself now
    So camp Lemoinier here I come

kbz1960 and alnamvet68 like this.
    05-26-12 08:43 AM
    Oh man, you're in for a treat....the men in Djibouti just love pink and plump Western basement dwellers; standby Afars, your dreams are about to come true.
    05-26-12 09:24 AM
    Then Djibouti here I come! Getting ready as we speak

Well folks, unfortunately this is obviously gonna be the end of THIS story............

So when I'm done, I certainly will be in dire need of early afternoon cocktails to loosen me up enough to post another conundrum and finally get this thread back on topic
    Last edited by sputneek; 05-28-12 at 07:08 PM.
    05-26-12 01:13 PM
    Today he is there to trip you up and he will torture you tomorrow. Yet he is also there to ease the pain, when you are lost in grief and sorrow.

Anyone?
    Last edited by sputneek; 05-28-12 at 07:14 PM.
    05-28-12 07:10 PM
    Today he is there to trip you up and he will torture you tomorrow. Yet he is also there to ease the pain, when you are lost in grief and sorrow.

Anyone?
    Beverages and spirits for $500,000,000.00 - ETOH
    05-29-12 01:29 AM
    Round as an apple
    deep as a cup,
    yet all the seas in the world
    can't fill her up.
    05-29-12 01:32 AM
    yet all the seas in the world
    can't fill her up.
    That's either my brain or a sieve, though I'm going with the latter, for a box of beer and a pizza

Btw Al, it's nice to see that we're on the same page.......
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-30-12 10:54 AM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD