Have you ever pondered over some of life's most perplexing questions? Have you ever been left bewlldered, confused, or filled with doubt over why things are the way they are; well, you're in good company. This thread is for those who seek definitive answers to some of life's most perplexing puzzles.

The premise here is simple, ask a question, and anyone can provide an answer. Bring us your most baffling questions, and provide us with your most brilliant answers.

OK, I'll start....have you ever wondered why dogs lick their junk? After decades of dog ownership, both male and female, I cannot for the life of me understand why dogs can spend a leisurely afternoon doing nothing but the lickity-lickity all day long.

OK guys, have at it.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-18-12 at 07:58 AM.
    sputneek likes this.
    05-18-12 07:54 AM
    Wouldn't you?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah and I have a PlayBook too!
    05-18-12 07:58 AM
    Have you ever pondered over some of life's most perplexing questions? Have you ever been left bewlldered, confused, or filled with doubt over why things are the way they are; well, you're in good company. This thread is for those who seek definitive answers to some of life's most perplexing puzzles.

The premise here is simple, ask a question, and anyone can provide an answer. Bring us your most baffling questions, and provide us with your most brilliant answers.

OK, I'll start....have you ever wondered why dogs lick their junk? After decades of dog ownership, both male and female, I cannot for the life of me understand why dogs can spend a leisurely afternoon doing nothing but the lickity-lickity all day long.

OK guys, have at it.
    Because they can!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-18-12 08:16 AM
    Because they can!
    OK then, I'm sure you're capable of posing a most challenging question?
    05-18-12 08:19 AM
    Other than the rotational pull of the earth, why do DJ's records in Australia spin anti-clockwise ?
    05-18-12 08:34 AM
    Because they can!
    Sorry, had to throw it out there!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-18-12 08:48 AM
    Other than the rotational pull of the earth, why do DJ's records in Australia spin anti-clockwise ?
    For the same reason the direction of the water in a flushing toilet is counter clockwise...you're all south of the equator.
    05-18-12 09:20 AM
    For the same reason the direction of the water in a flushing toilet is counter clockwise...you're all south of the equator.
    Thanks that has been bothering me since the late 90's......its gonna be a good weekend I can feel it
    05-18-12 09:26 AM
    Thanks that has been bothering me since the late 90's......its gonna be a good weekend I can feel it
    You're welcome, but not so fast with that weekend...have you given thought as to why the water in a toilet bowl that's placed squarely on the equator never rotates in either direction when it's flushed?
    05-18-12 09:31 AM
    Here's one that I find most perplexing....if one synchronized swimmer drowns, does the rest of the team drown as well?
    05-18-12 09:49 AM
    You're welcome, but not so fast with that weekend...have you given thought as to why the water in a toilet bowl that's placed squarely on the equator never rotates in either direction when it's flushed?
    Geographically neutral??? I may give up while ahead hehe
    05-18-12 09:51 AM
    Geographically neutral??? I may give up while ahead hehe
    Close, but no cigar; you may want to consider starting your weekend early while you are ahead.
    05-18-12 09:53 AM
    Close, but no cigar; you may want to consider starting your weekend early while you are ahead.
    Hehe I think I will.

Why do lady's bicycle's have low cross bars and nothing to catch.....men have high cross bars and have their crown jewels to catch.....it all went down hill from the penny farthing !
    05-18-12 09:57 AM
    Hehe I think I will.

Why do lady's bicycle's have low cross bars and nothing to catch.....men have high cross bars and have their crown jewels to catch.....it all went down hill from the penny farthing !
    I'm glad you asked; you see, during the Victorian period, there was a shortage of wood, which at the time, was used primarily by the peasants for cooking and heating; the aristocracy, on the other hand, while they too used wood for cooking and heating, were busy building castles, horse drawn carriages, and wooden stakes (so as to burn as many witches and heretics as possible). Since Sherwood Forest was placed off limits to all logging except for the one percenters, large front wheels on a bicycle were no longer an option, so equally sized front and rear wheels became the norm...consider this man's earliest attempt at environmentalism. That said, why was a bike designed specifically for women, sans a level top tube, well, seeing that it was the Victorian period (and you do know how uptight those blokes were), it was decided that a women should be devoid of every opportunity to pleasure herself, and a women in one of those humongous bustle dresses could easily conceal her prurient interests while stopped and straddling her level top tubed bike. Hence, we have the angular, curved, and low cut bar on a woman's bike, preventing her from doing vile things to herself when cycling.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-18-12 at 06:40 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-18-12 10:24 AM
    I'm glad you asked; you see, during the Victorian period, there was a shortage of wood, hence, large front wheels on a bicycle were no longer an option, so equally sized front and rear wheels became the norm...consider this man's earliest attempt at environmentalism. That said, why was a bike designed specifically for women, sans a level top tube, well, seeing that it was the Victorian period (and you do know how uptight those blokes were), it was decided that a women should be devoid of every opportunity to pleasure herself, and a women in one of those humongous bustle dresses could easily conceal her prurient interests while stopped and straddling her level top tubed bike. Hence, we have the angular, curved, and low cut bar on a woman's bike, preventing her from doing vile things to herself when cycling.
    LMAO hahaha
    05-18-12 10:39 AM
    OK, so...

Everyone knows that if you fly east to west you gain time, 3 hours from east coast to west coast in the USA. If you were able to fly much much further west, could you get there before you left?
    05-18-12 11:00 AM
    OK, so...

Everyone knows that if you fly east to west you gain time, 3 hours from east coast to west coast in the USA. If you were able to fly much much further west, could you get there before you left?
    You could; in fact, depending on what sppeed you're going, you could get there yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, etc. Now, let's make it a bit sporting, at what speed would one have to go, travelling from the east going due west, circumnavigating the earth and have you arrive at your exact starting point 24 hours ago?
    05-18-12 06:07 PM
    Here's one of life's most imponderables that always has me scratching my head, and sometimes my bottom... if life is so short, then why is it we spend most of that short life doing what we don't like, and only dreaming about those things that we would like to do?
    05-18-12 07:38 PM
    You could; in fact, depending on what sppeed you're going, you could get there yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, etc. Now, let's make it a bit sporting, at what speed would one have to go, travelling from the east going due west, circumnavigating the earth and have you arrive at your exact starting point 24 hours ago?
    Even if you moved at the speed of light, you couldn't get there any earlier than you left.

Could God make a burrito so spicy that He Himself could not eat it?
    05-18-12 07:44 PM
    One dog's junk is another dog's......

If you did give a damn, would anyone take it?
    05-18-12 11:46 PM
    If the outside temperature is zero degrees today, and tomorrow is supposed to be twice as cold, what temp would it be tomorrow?
    05-20-12 08:11 AM
    Absolute zero.

What is the temperature of a witch's booby?
    05-20-12 09:56 AM
    It depends...is it in or out of her brass bra?
    05-20-12 10:47 AM
    Here's one....you're at, say, Home Depot, and you have a shopping cart with 20+ items in it, and another customer, who only has one packet of hearing aid batteries in her hand, asks if she could get ahead of you since she only has one item. Now, seeing as we, well, most of us, are civil, we say sure, step right ahead. OK, so far so good...you're a model citizen. Now, the lady reaches the cashier who promptly scans the small packet of batteries when all he1l breaks loose, balloons and confetti fall from the ceiling, and the loudspeakers announce that this Home Depot store has just had its one millionth cutomer, who is now the recipient of a $1,000,000.00 after taxes cash prize. What, and be honest with yourself and with us, would you do?
    05-20-12 10:56 AM
    Oh good finally an easy one! I would go straight home, find the dullest cutting implement in the house and slit my wrists the hard way
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    05-20-12 12:30 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD