View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Just a heads up people...(This varies a little in different states) but you can be pulled over by any MARKED police vehicle. It doesn't have to be a car. It can be a truck, SUV, Jeep, motorcycle ETC. My partner had a car blow by him at over 90 mph a few days ago and when he stopped the vehicle, the driver stated she didn't know a sheriff truck could pull her over. He said he begged her to not pay the ticket, go to court and tell the judge that. Hahaha. The trucks are completely striped out and have all lights and sirens on them.
    We have to keep up with the times and terrain of the areas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 04:29 PM
    Just a heads up people...(This varies a little in different states) but you can be pulled over by any MARKED police vehicle. It doesn't have to be a car. It can be a truck, SUV, Jeep, motorcycle ETC. My partner had a car blow by him at over 90 mph a few days ago and when he stopped the vehicle, the driver stated she didn't know a sheriff truck could pull her over. He said he begged her to not pay the ticket, go to court and tell the judge that. Hahaha. The trucks are completely striped out and have all lights and sirens on them.
    We have to keep up with the times and terrain of the areas.

05-29-10 04:45 PM
    RE: Passing in the right lane

Setting: Chicago area expressways with restrictions of "trucks must use 2 right lanes" (3-4 lanes here).
    Problem: granny putzing in the center lane at 50 mph. Can't technically pass in the left, not supposed to be there. (I'm driving a church bus, btw).
    Question: ok to pass in right lane? (although it's extremely hard with everyone merging on).

Had this situation pop up twice today; first time I passed in the right lane, second time I followed a couple of semis who were passing in the left (but not far left) lane. Thougt about this thread as I was passing on the right.

05-30-10 10:02 PM
    Here are a couple of questions. I live in Alabama. I recently (3 months ago) got my concealed carry permit. I carry my Ruger SR9 everywhere I go. I believe that I must try to solve any problem situation without violence. I know that I carry it for my own protection, but what if I see someone else is in trouble? My 2 questions are...

1. Being legally armed am I allowed to intervene if I am not involved in the situation? Like lets say some one at the store is being held at gun point. I have the opportunity to sneak out. Am I legally allowed to stay and help?

2. God forbid a Police officer is pinned down waiting for back up (My wife's uncle was an officer who sadly was shot and killed in the line of duty back in the 90's. His murderer was executed here in Alabama), Is that a situation that I am legally allowed to help in?

Guess I just sometimes think in the "worst case". I want to make sure I do the right thing if the situation should come up.
    06-01-10 10:43 AM

1. Being legally armed am I allowed to intervene if I am not involved in the situation? Like lets say some one at the store is being held at gun point. I have the opportunity to sneak out. Am I legally allowed to stay and help?

2. God forbid a Police officer is pinned down waiting for back up (My wife's uncle was an officer who sadly was shot and killed in the line of duty back in the 90's. His murderer was executed here in Alabama), Is that a situation that I am legally allowed to help in?.
    Your first question -
    NO- I don't mean to be rude, but your not a police officer...I understand what your asking, believe me I do...But NOT a good idea!! Even if its a worse case scenario...

As for your second question, and again, I understand your point on it, but I could not see you shooting someone even if an officer was pinned down...I'll let a couple of the other guys touch this one...But I think I'm on the right page...
    Nate

06-09-10 03:26 PM
    The problem with police is most PEOPLE (not just officers) have no respect for another human being any more. This could be a voilator or officer in any situation.

If I get pulled over for speeding, oh well. I know I broke the law and I'll take my ticket. There's no reason to treat the cop like a j3rk because I screwed up and he/she is only doing their job.

But if I get pulled over (whether or not I was doing anything wrong) and the officer is disrespectful towards me, it really makes me mad. It's an abuse of power and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, even if I take it to court. It's one of the most despicable things I can think of. But I don't hate these people because they are cops, I hate them because they're terrible people and because they can get away with a lot of things any normal j3rk can't.

The town where I grew up, most officers were like this so I initially had a pretty intense hatred of police officers. Now that I've moved out of that town (and grown up a little), I respect officers of the law like I would any other human being... as long as they show me the same repsect.
    What is the saying....."to get respect, you gotta give respect'?

We all put our pants on the same way.
    06-09-10 07:55 PM
    Here are a couple of questions. I live in Alabama. I recently (3 months ago) got my concealed carry permit. I carry my Ruger SR9 everywhere I go. I believe that I must try to solve any problem situation without violence. I know that I carry it for my own protection, but what if I see someone else is in trouble? My 2 questions are...

2. God forbid a Police officer is pinned down waiting for back up (My wife's uncle was an officer who sadly was shot and killed in the line of duty back in the 90's. His murderer was executed here in Alabama), Is that a situation that I am legally allowed to help in?

Guess I just sometimes think in the "worst case". I want to make sure I do the right thing if the situation should come up.
    Nate pretty much answered it - but....to question number one - if you had the opportunity to leave, then you should. But if you cant, I would not recommend intervening, but would recommend you obtaining as much information about the crime as possible - taking into your safety first and the safety of those around you.
    06-09-10 07:58 PM

The best help you can provide is to sneak out and call the cavalry for backup, then survive as unobtrusively as possible to brief them when they arrive. Getting into a single handed firefight could go wrong, a dead witness is no witness and no help.

See above, and think how the arriving backup might react with a cop under fire, and an unknown/untrained civilian waving a weapon. At best you would be a distraction they don't need. I suggest that the correct action is to ensure your own safety using the "resolve peacefully" concept if possible (get your head down), and don't let the unfortunate death of wife's uncle cloud your judgement.
    06-10-10 05:57 AM
    Come on now...there's gotta be a couple more of you with questions out here in Crackberry Land!
    07-07-10 04:12 PM
    Come on now...there's gotta be a couple more of you with questions out here in Crackberry Land!
    My passing in the right lane question (above) never got answered

07-07-10 04:15 PM
    My passing in the right lane question (above) never got answered

LOL! Sure as **** it didnt! Hold on, Lemme read it
    Nate
    07-07-10 04:16 PM
    RE: Passing in the right lane

Problem: granny putzing in the center lane at 50 mph. Can't technically pass in the left, not supposed to be there. (I'm driving a church bus, btw).
    Question: ok to pass in right lane? (although it's extremely hard with everyone merging on).
    My two cents...you SHOULD be allowed to pass on the Left regardless of what your driving...I Beleive that law is geared to Semi's and so forth that STAY in the left lane, but Just to pass..You should be just fine.Or at least to give yourself enough room to clear the slower vehicle in the center lane...
    Make sense?
    Nate
    07-07-10 04:20 PM
    Basically John - just because you're driving a bigger vehicle doesnt mean anything...That Law is pretty well the same here in Colorado, and AS LONG as the Semi or whatever it may be DOES NOT remain in the fast lane of the highway...it's fine. It's when they have a clear shot to get over to the Right or Center lane, and they Dont that causes problems
    07-07-10 04:25 PM
    Basically John - just because you're driving a bigger vehicle doesnt mean anything...That Law is pretty well the same here in Colorado, and AS LONG as the Semi or whatever it may be DOES NOT remain in the fast lane of the highway...it's fine. It's when they have a clear shot to get over to the Right or Center lane, and they Dont that causes problems
    Thats good to know...thanks for the clarification. Nothing I hate more than when someone decides they are going to adhere to the 45mph minimum in 65-70 mph traffic!

07-07-10 04:32 PM
    Thats good to know...thanks for the clarification. Nothing I hate more than when someone decides they are going to adhere to the 45mph minimum in 65-70 mph traffic!

Glad to help! I just hope it makes sense to ya!
    Nate
    07-07-10 04:34 PM
    I Threw up another poll, While We'll continue (We being the Police Officers on CB) check this thread, I wanted to see more of what you guys think about police in general...The poll will close in 500 days after today, so Vote Away if you will!

Remember too...No Judgement is passed by us on it, And We all understand that just because there was a bad apple out there, 99.9% Of us ARE NOT those kind of Cops!

Let us know what you think!
    Check out the Poll! http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/pol...thread-493052/

Nate
    07-07-10 04:37 PM
    do police get free donuts?
    07-09-10 06:30 PM
    I could always use some cops on my BBM, add me! 311COFDO
    11-15-10 04:39 PM
    I like cops, but some of them seem to have the mentality that they can do whatever they want, which is extremely frustrating. Not all, but some.
    11-15-10 06:05 PM
    I like cops, but some of them seem to have the mentality that they can do whatever they want, which is extremely frustrating. Not all, but some.
    Sadly Enough - (and I'm pulling this thread out from the Depths of CB) I see this all too often...And it's pretty well known that there are good cops and bad cops, UNFORTUNATELY YOU (as the general public) Really only see the "Bad Cops" And those guys give us "Good Cops" a REALLY Crappy image! I discussed this on a Radio Show I do out of Denver every six weeks or so...It seems that one bad perception of a LEO will cause subsequent impressions to be tarnished...Unfortunately, I wish there was a way to change this, but it's a hard battle to fight...
    Nate
    01-30-11 09:04 AM
    That's the case with everything tho.
    I like your sig, my bro got to watch some police dogs take out two kids who broke into a school got it on his cell phone camera.
    01-30-11 06:48 PM
    Sadly Enough - (and I'm pulling this thread out from the Depths of CB) I see this all too often...And it's pretty well known that there are good cops and bad cops, UNFORTUNATELY YOU (as the general public) Really only see the "Bad Cops" And those guys give us "Good Cops" a REALLY Crappy image! I discussed this on a Radio Show I do out of Denver every six weeks or so...It seems that one bad perception of a LEO will cause subsequent impressions to be tarnished...Unfortunately, I wish there was a way to change this, but it's a hard battle to fight...
    Nate
    My psyc instructor in the academy taught us that 5% of the population are assholes and as police we deal with that 5% 100% of the time, but we can't judge all people by those 5%. The public needs the same lesson as police are drawn from the same pool of people.
    01-30-11 07:38 PM
997 ... 383940
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD