View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I got a question.... I stash my green in the sunroof edge of my car, since you need the key to open the powered sunroof ,can you cops search there legally without a warrant since you need the key like the glove box and trunk, or would you even likely search there? (without reasonable suspicion of course)
    Please, specicfy your "green"

If I place you under arrest, I DO NOT need a warrant to SEARCH your car. It is a search incident to an arrest.

I also don't need a warrant to search where you are sitting in the vehicle (the area within your arms reach).

If that means the sunroof, then I just might have another charge against you ontop of the one you were origionally arrested for.

To be honest, why would you come on here and actually ask a question like that... HONESTLY?

msblueline
    03-29-09 05:24 AM
    I don't just " LIKE " cops I Actually " LOVE " them, I love them so much that I learned how to make themes for the BB so I can have a X rated theme of cops
    03-29-09 05:43 AM
    I know fags are smokes in UK or England or some ****. I still dislike police very much so.
    03-29-09 07:03 AM
    I know fags are smokes in UK or England or some ****. I still dislike police very much so.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fags may refer to:

Fags, a British colloquialism for cigarettes

That is fine, you can dislike us all you want to. That is your right.

I thank you for stating your honest opinion.

I don't know why you do, but in fact you said you do.

I will respect how you feel about us.

I just ask in return, that you respect us the same way...

Thank you,

msblueline
    03-29-09 07:14 AM
    Bahaha. I love this thread. I never have to offer to give advice though....people come out of the woodwork with law related questions I can't answer...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 07:17 AM
    Bahaha. I love this thread. I never have to offer to give advice though....people come out of the woodwork with law related questions I can't answer...

Have you seen some of the questions.

I don't know if they're questions or give aways, like the "green" in the sunroof. I mean really...

msblueline

03-29-09 07:24 AM
    You guys are doing your job, a job that I probably couldn't handle. So PROPS.... I've seen a small taste of the sh*t you guys deal with.... HATS OFF TO THE BOYS IN BLUE!
    Thanks For That! I appreciate Good Comments!
    03-29-09 07:44 AM
    I got a question.... I stash my green in the sunroof edge of my car, since you need the key to open the powered sunroof ,can you cops search there legally without a warrant since you need the key like the glove box and trunk, or would you even likely search there? (without reasonable suspicion of course)
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THAT's Awesome! I'm going to remember that next time it comes to someone giving consent to search...

Realistically, If I can smell it, I'd call in a Dog...Or Just search your vehicle because of the Odor
    03-29-09 08:08 AM
    Explain Why Though....WHY Do you Dislike us So much??
    03-29-09 08:11 AM
    DIRECT From the Statute Book on DUI Expressed Consent Law...Ya can Check it out too If you'd like

� 42-4-1301.1. Expressed consent for the taking of blood, breath, urine, or saliva sample--testing

(1) Any person who drives any motor vehicle upon the streets and highways and elsewhere throughout this state shall be deemed to have expressed such person's consent to the provisions of this section.

(2)(a)(I) Any person who drives any motor vehicle upon the streets and highways and elsewhere throughout this state shall be required to take and complete, and to cooperate in the taking and completing of, any test or tests of such person's breath or blood for the purpose of determining the alcoholic content of the person's blood or breath when so requested and directed by a law enforcement officer having probable cause to believe that the person was driving a motor vehicle in violation of the prohibitions against DUI, DUI per se, DWAI, habitual user, or UDD. Except as otherwise provided in this section, if a person who is twenty-one years of age or older requests that said test be a blood test, then the test shall be of his or her blood; but, if such person requests that a specimen of his or her blood not be drawn, then a specimen of such person's breath shall be obtained and tested. A person who is under twenty-one years of age shall be entitled to request a blood test unless the alleged violation is UDD, in which case a specimen of such person's breath shall be obtained and tested, except as provided in subparagraph (II) of this paragraph (a).

(II) If a person elects either a blood test or a breath test, such person shall not be permitted to change such election, and, if such person fails to take and complete, and to cooperate in the completing of, the test elected, such failure shall be deemed to be a refusal to submit to testing. If such person is unable to take, or to complete, or to cooperate in the completing of a breath test because of injuries, illness, disease, physical infirmity, or physical incapacity, or if such person is receiving medical treatment at a location at which a breath testing instrument certified by the department of public health and environment is not available, the test shall be of such person's blood.

(III) If a law enforcement officer requests a test under this paragraph (a), the person must cooperate with the request such that the sample of blood or breath can be obtained within two hours of the person's driving.

(b)(I) Any person who drives any motor vehicle upon the streets and highways and elsewhere throughout this state shall be required to submit to and to complete, and to cooperate in the completing of, a test or tests of such person's blood, saliva, and urine for the purpose of determining the drug content within the person's system when so requested and directed by a law enforcement officer having probable cause to believe that the person was driving a motor vehicle in violation of the prohibitions against DUI, DWAI, or habitual user and when it is reasonable to require such testing of blood, saliva, and urine to determine whether such person was under the influence of, or impaired by, one or more drugs, or one or more controlled substances, or a combination of both alcohol and one or more drugs, or a combination of both alcohol and one or more controlled substances.

(II) If a law enforcement officer requests a test under this paragraph (b), the person must cooperate with the request such that the sample of blood, saliva, or urine can be obtained within two hours of the person's driving.

(3) Any person who is required to take and to complete, and to cooperate in the completing of, any test or tests shall cooperate with the person authorized to obtain specimens of such person's blood, breath, saliva, or urine, including the signing of any release or consent forms required by any person, hospital, clinic, or association authorized to obtain such specimens. If such person does not cooperate with the person, hospital, clinic, or association authorized to obtain such specimens, including the signing of any release or consent forms, such noncooperation shall be considered a refusal to submit to testing. No law enforcement officer shall physically restrain any person for the purpose of obtaining a specimen of such person's blood, breath, saliva, or urine for testing except when the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed criminally negligent homicide pursuant to section 18-3-105, C.R.S., vehicular homicide pursuant to section 18-3-106(1)(b), C.R.S., assault in the third degree pursuant to section 18-3-204, C.R.S., or vehicular assault pursuant to section 18-3-205(1)(b), C.R.S., and the person is refusing to take or to complete, or to cooperate in the completing of, any test or tests, then, in such event, the law enforcement officer may require a blood test.

(4) Any driver of a commercial motor vehicle requested to submit to a test as provided in paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (2) of this section shall be warned by the law enforcement officer requesting the test that a refusal to submit to the test shall result in an out-of-service order as defined under section 42-2-402(8) for a period of twenty-four hours and a revocation of the privilege to operate a commercial motor vehicle for one year as provided under section 42-2-126.

(5) The tests shall be administered at the direction of a law enforcement officer having probable cause to believe that the person had been driving a motor vehicle in violation of section 42-4-1301 and in accordance with rules and regulations prescribed by the department of public health and environment concerning the health of the person being tested and the accuracy of such testing.

(6)(a) No person except a physician, a registered nurse, a paramedic, as certified in part 2 of article 3.5 of title 25, C.R.S., an emergency medical technician, as defined in part 1 of article 3.5 of title 25, C.R.S., or a person whose normal duties include withdrawing blood samples under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse shall be entitled to withdraw blood for the purpose of determining the alcoholic or drug content therein.

(b) No civil liability shall attach to any person authorized to obtain blood, breath, saliva, or urine specimens or to any hospital, clinic, or association in or for which such specimens are obtained as provided in this section as a result of the act of obtaining such specimens from any person submitting thereto if such specimens were obtained according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the department of public health and environment; except that this provision shall not relieve any such person from liability for negligence in the obtaining of any specimen sample.

(7) A preliminary screening test conducted by a law enforcement officer pursuant to section 42-4-1301(6)(i) shall not substitute for or qualify as the test or tests required by subsection (2) of this section.

(8) Any person who is dead or unconscious shall be tested to determine the alcohol or drug content of the person's blood or any drug content within such person's system as provided in this section. If a test cannot be administered to a person who is unconscious, hospitalized, or undergoing medical treatment because the test would endanger the person's life or health, the law enforcement agency shall be allowed to test any blood, urine, or saliva that was obtained and not utilized by a health care provider and shall have access to that portion of the analysis and results of any tests administered by such provider that shows the alcohol or drug content of the person's blood, urine, or saliva or any drug content within the person's system. Such test results shall not be considered privileged communications, and the provisions of section 13-90-107, C.R.S., relating to the physician-patient privilege shall not apply. Any person who is dead, in addition to the tests prescribed, shall also have the person's blood checked for carbon monoxide content and for the presence of drugs, as prescribed by the department of public health and environment. Such information obtained shall be made a part of the accident report.
    03-29-09 08:31 AM
    Im Still definatly glad you all have asked these questions..Keep it up! Some of these are getting VERY interesting! LOL
    03-29-09 09:03 AM
    Not a fan of cops for one reason and one reason only.

The CROOKED ones, im not pointing this to cops in generals but from one citizen to another, you're all the same and have to do your job properly.

I've witnessed illegal arrests, illegal BEATINGS, marijuana growing, drug abuse, rudeness, profiling 5'0 and there's much much more.

I know there are the good cops around but there's no way to justify the crooked ones.

Not a fan and can live without em.
    03-29-09 12:19 PM
    I love and hate cops just like I hate and love other things. but im with the lighting up a joint comment its funny cause its true!
    03-29-09 01:31 PM
    Why did you not identify yourself in the very beginning of the car stop so you culd put the officer at ease?

I would've assumed it was an honest mistake by the officer and done nothing further. Why would you think his Sgt would think it was something else?
    I dont think people need to be Law Enforcement to put an officer at ease.
    Anytime I get pulled over I do the following (which everyone should do):

Depending on what type of road you are on, pull over as far as you can, even on to the grass to allow the officer as much room as possible. Let him have the option to approach on the passenger side or driver side.
    Shut the engine off.
    Turn on the interior light if its dark and roll down the rear windows if they are tinted.
    No sudden movements and hands on the wheel.
    Leave the seatbelt fastened.
    Have documents ready.
    Be polite with 'yes sir', 'no sir', 'yes ma'am'....

Maybe it was an honest mistake on his part. Its hard to believe when someone is driving with both hands on the wheel. And if he was so sure of it, why did he ask 3 times? Why didn't he just write the ticket after my first answer? I would feel differently about the situation if he apologized for the inconvenience.
    03-29-09 06:53 PM
    You do know the only reason he let you off is because you identified and proved yourself as a fellow officer right? I mean, you're here pondering why he didn't apologize and I know for a fact if it was just plain old me behind the wheel, politely insinuating that this guy had his facts wrong and I was not on my cell phone, he would have written me the ticket anyway and then proceed to at the very least brow beat me about the rules of the road and how it's my word against his if I want to fight it and who do I think a judge will believe.

You do know that right?

Am I mistaken here or are you directing your posts at your fellow law officers who would expect similar treatment as you when identifying yourself?
    03-29-09 08:38 PM
    All I am going to say is NEVER again!
    03-29-09 08:46 PM
    Personally I have never had a problem with any police officers..but I know people who have like my brother and my boyfriend. Ofcourse there are bad apples but I am not gonna judge all cops based on the actions of a few. As a matter of fact I have been pulled over for speeding at 3 times and have never gotten a ticket!! I think that the majority of cops are out there doing exactly what they are supposed to do.

I do have a question about something a friend told me.

so, lets say I am driving down the road going over the speed limit. I see you turn around to come after me and decide to quickly turn into a neighborhood and get out of the car. Can I still get the speeding ticket? My friend says no...but that just doesnt sound right to me. (and if it was right would you really say so?? it might give people ideas. LOL)

Thanks in advance for answering my question...and thanks to all the cops who put their lives on the line for us civilians every single day!!
    03-29-09 09:19 PM
    Yeah, just thought I would share the story. Some of us are good and some not so great. It really made me think about how people are shafted by some officers who make mistakes or are having a 'bad day'.

03-29-09 09:24 PM
    so, lets say I am driving down the road going over the speed limit. I see you turn around to come after me and decide to quickly turn into a neighborhood and get out of the car. Can I still get the speeding ticket? My friend says no...but that just doesnt sound right to me. (and if it was right would you really say so?? it might give people ideas. LOL)

Thanks in advance for answering my question...and thanks to all the cops who put their lives on the line for us civilians every single day!!

If I get you on radar and you are in fact speeding, then it doesnt matter where you go, I can pursue you and write you a ticket.
    03-29-09 09:27 PM
    right thats what i thought but my friends whole argument was that if by the time you get to my car i am already out of it and you didnt physically see me getting out of the car, you couldnt really say it was me and therefore could not give me a ticket.

like i said didn't sound right but thought i'd ask.
    03-29-09 09:31 PM
    Yeah, it doesnt matter where you are when I pull you over. As long as I can prove it was the right car, and thats where my dash cam comes in handy lol.
    03-29-09 09:34 PM
    Yeah, it doesnt matter where you are when I pull you over. As long as I can prove it was the right car, and thats where my dash cam comes in handy lol.
    Bottomline...identifying you as the driver...getting out of the car or as I have actually seen, making it home and to your driveway doesn't make you safe on base. Instead of coming to a stop when a normal person would know he is being pursued, could get into a grey area of fleeing depending on your actions. (Such as maintaining the speed limit vs. Recklessly driving away, speeding to avoid detection and being stopped.)

03-29-09 09:42 PM
    BTW, i would never lead cops on a high speed pursuit....i do all my speed racing on my video games!!
    03-29-09 09:55 PM
    I'm a twenty-three year old white male. I own a few newer model sport/luxury vehicles. We have our own new home in a nice town.
    I've been nothing but harassed from the police since I've moved.
    Constantly getting tickets for the dumbest things possible.

Get over it, I'm 23 and successful.
    I feel regretful of ever taking Criminal Justice in College. LOL
    03-29-09 10:07 PM
    Yeah, just thought I would share the story. Some of us are good and some not so great. It really made me think about how people are shafted by some officers who make mistakes or are having a 'bad day'.

Cool man. I appreciate your honesty.

FWIW you seem like one of the good guys who is actually on the job to do right by the citizenry.
    03-29-09 10:08 PM
997 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD