View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
01-30-11 07:38 PM
997 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    I'm impressed too...I started this thread, and truely expected minimal response...
    Here we are a couple months later, and we're at 900 Replies...Just awesome!

Now, Keep up the Questions!! This has been fun for us cops! (Even the ******** question, and the kid who hid his herbs in the sunroof...That one STILL cracks me up!)

Ya'll be safe, Have a GREAT thanksgiving!
    Nate
    pin:2130C889

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 04:44 PM
    Look we need cops.if we did not have you guys then we wood have ****** and dealers prowling tha streets..trust me people,I've seen first hand the peeps that need to be behind bars.I spent a total of seven years behind bars for a drug related offinse,no violence on my record mind you,I'm walkin the str8 now,don't worry,see when I went to prison I had the chance to meet some of the most vile peeps on da face of this earth,they are were they need to be,and hats off to da fuzz fer puttin them der,jus go easy on the one that meen no harm guys

11-26-09 04:56 PM
    Man this is a long thread. It took me 2 days to read haha...
    (i apologize in advance for such a long post)
    A couple of questions:
    1) Do you mind being called cops? Obviously you dont like derogatory terms such as Pig etc but ive always wondered what the best way to refer to an LEO in third person is. If im speaking directly to the officer ill address him her by Sir, Ma'am officer or if i can tell their title ill use that.

2) How long is a dashcam video saved for, where is it saved and, can the LEO or the agency delete it at will?

Let me preface the next part by saying that i believe we NEED a GOOD law enforcement presence to keep our country and cities safe. I also understand that most LEO's are only doing their job by enforcing the laws that we the citizens vote on. However, i believe this country still has MANY issues that are rooted in outdated beliefs related to religion, as well as lack or racial tolerance or acceptance.

***AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A BASH POST. THE ORIGINAL SURVEY (WHICH WAS CLOSED BY THE TIME I GOT TO THIS THEAD) ASKED IF I LIKE OR DISLIKED COPS AND ASKED THAT I ELABORATE***

I am a young hispanic male. I tend to work more than i probably should, and definitely more than most people my age. As a result, i usually have more disposable income than people my age. Those 3 factors (young, hispanic, with money) make for a bad combination when dealing with law enforcement in Johnston County North Carolina.

Here are just a couple of incidents that make me generally dislike LEO's:

1) Theres a town called Four Oaks in which i used to get pulled over EVERY TIME i passed through. Example: Its Friday night, I just dropped my date off at home and I'm on my way to pump gas. We are on the phone and I pull into the gas station on the corner. I see a LE vehicle parked up front and i tell my GF "I'll have to call you back, theres a policeman parked here and i can guarantee im going to get pulled over." Hang up, fill my gas tank and pull out. Sure enough, less than a quarter mile after having pulled out, the policeman is behind me at the light. Im in the turning lane and go left after the light turns green and his bluelights come on. Let me remind you that EVERY time i come through this town i get pulled over and searched. I DO NOT DEAL DRUGS, nor do i associate with people who do. Anyway, i pull over and the officer approaches my vehicle.

O:"May i have your license and registration please"
    Me: "Yes Sir" I have them ready in hand and provide them.
    O "Thank You, woud you mind stepping out of the car so i can conduct a search?"
    M: (At this point I'm fed up!) "Sir, normally i would just say yes, as usual, but you havent even told me why you pulled me over."
    At this time a second officer pulls up. This is four oaks, they have 3 stop lights and only 2 cops on duty at any time. The first officer begins to dance around the question at which point the second officer (O2) butts in

O2: "Sir are you going to let us search your vehicle"
    M: "No sir not until I'm told why im being pulled over"
    O2: You do realize we dont need your permission to search right"
    M: "Yes I realize that, but you DO need probable cause or a warrant. I have all night, I dont see where you would have probable cause, if you want to waste your time waiting for the warrant im game, but until then you cant search my car until you tell me why youve pulled me over"

Now i generally keep my car SPOTLESS and the entire interior is free from any kind of garbage. However, earlier that day i had taken my little brother to his friends house for baseball and his bat was in the backseat but had rolled to the foot well.

O2: "Oh reallly you think you know the game. See that baseball bat in the footwell? See how that tiny bit of the tip there rolled under the front seat? That, "amigo", is a concealed weapon, gives me the right to search the car. Now, can we do this the easy way or hard way"

Me: "Well if that was the case, youd be in there by now wouldnt you? Look I dont know what kind of game your playing. I dont understand why EVERY TIME I come through town i get pulled over. Its almost as if youre out to get me"

O2 enraged now: "BOY, i have NEVER been accused of profiling, NEVER! I have NEVER had a negative report about my conduct and im not about to start now. Dont you think we have better things to do than pick on you?

me: "Obviously not why do you both have to be here. Someone could be getting robbed right now and youre here with me, over nothing. Someone could be getting shot, and youre here with me. Besides, i didnt even say anything about profiling, i said verytime I come around ME, not anyone else. Now can i go, or are we going to wait for the warrant?"

They let me go but they were VERY angry. I never go through that town anymore, i go around. Looking back i was very stupid to rile up such hateful cops like that. But i was so mad at being stopped ALL the time and mad that they had killed my euphoria from a nice day that i just couldnt hold back.

to be continued...
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 12-03-09 at 12:46 PM.
    12-03-09 12:44 PM
    Next incident:

I am at work. My brother comes and visits me before going to work the second shift at a logistics warehouse. The warehouse stays VERY cold at all times so he wears winter clothes, including a tobbogan (hat).

Well, we sit and chat and lose track of time. He realizes he may be late if he doesnt leave ASAP so he runs from the building to his car. He jumps in his car and takes off at a NORMAL pace.

An hour later he calls me frantically.

He was on his way to work when he noticed 3 police cars coming up FAST behind him. Ahead of him on the opposite side of the highway are 2 more. He pulls over immediately. Turns his car off and leaves his hands on the wheel. The officers jump out of the car and run at him with guns drawn yelling incoherently at him to do a million things at once. At the first sight of a gun he has his hands up and doesnt want to move to remove his seatbelt (in other words, scared sh*tless)

finally one of the officers yanks the door open, puts the gun to my brothers face, undoes his seatbelt and yanks him to the ground. he gets punched a few times in the face and kicked once in the side. Once everything calms down and all the guns are away my brother asks "What the F is going on!?!?"

One of the officers asks him where the money is, and then has the car searched.

Apparently someone reported a robbery at my office. Said they saw a "mexican" leaving the building and "sped off with his mask on". The police reacted quickly to apprehend the "mexican" but in my opinion acted a little forcefully. They told my brother "get out of here" after they realized the misunderstanding without so much as an apology. Not only that, but i didnt know anything about it until my brother called me. No officers rolled by the office to see if i was alive, or cut and bleeding, or in need of medical assistance. Noone from the PD called to see if i had been robbed or hurt. They just knew they were about to bust another mexican.
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 12-03-09 at 01:01 PM.
    12-03-09 12:58 PM
    Next question

Is it illegal to curse in public or in the presence on an LEO if its not directed at him? ie "Thats f'ed up"

A lady ran a stop sign and totalled my car, i was between cars for about a month while my claim was settled.

near the end of this month i went to a carwash with my brother and a few friends. My brother was washing his car and i was standing aside talking with friends.

The carwash manager comes up and says "didnt i ban you from here last week?" I chuckle to myself and say "no sir i havent even had a car for almost a month" I chuckled at the fact that i was car-less, he may have taken it as me laughing at him for some reason.

he says "well, im sure i did so you need to get out of here." to which i reply "sir i dont even have a car, im waiting on my brother to finish up, and i can leave right after that" he walks away flustered and to try to appease him, me and my friends move out of the boundaries of the carwash to the neighboring goody's parking lot.

To my surprise a police unit rolls up. He gets out calmly and asks us the situation. THIS GUY IS THE RARE COP IN THE BUNCH!!! I tell him the situation and explain that, although it must have been a misunderstanding that i should not enter the carwash parking lot anymore. I should wait until my brother is done washing his car, have him come around to this lot, and leave. We agree and begin Talking to the officer off the record. Just small talk. He seems like a cool guy. Suddenly ROOKIETRON rolls up from out of nowhere, yells at some random guy to turn his music down, and shoves his finger in my face. He proceeds to yell at me and ask me what the f my problem is and dont i have any respect for peoples property. The first officer asks him to calm down that we've resolved the misuderstanding. He continues to jab his finger in my face at which point i pull my face back and frustratedly say "can you please get your finger out of my FACE!"

he snaps, grabs my arm, puts me in some kind of hold and starts to push me to his car. Im caught off guard and going by instinct, i kind of twist my arm to try to get out of the slightly painful hold. The other officer is asking the rookie to cool it but before i know it im in cuffs. My brother has finished now and asks whats going on. the rookie says im going to jail for resisting arrest and disobeying an officer. My brother says he saw everything and thats "fu**ed up!" at that point the rookie demands that the other guy arrest my brother for cursing in public. we end up in jail.

we spend close to $1000 to bail out and when we go to court the charges got dropped
    12-03-09 01:30 PM
    YES there's MORE

By this time I've grown tired of the town and the people in it so i moved out.

My girlfriend and I decide to visit Spain. Since we are going overseas, we decide we should visit family friends and parents before we go.

My GF drops me off at my brothers house and goes to visit her mom. My brother and i go visit my mom at work, then pick up a friend and go check out a few cars he's debating between. We leave to drop me back off at my gfs moms house so we can head to the airport.

we are heading down a road and reach an intersection.

heres a diagram:

theres a store on one corner, and a dirt/gravel parking lot across the street from it. the blue rectangle is the officer. the dark green square in front of him is a bunch of THICK bushes that you cant see through for that reason, there is a stop sign on the island on the road and a stop sign on the other side because it just makes sense i guess. The arrow is our driving line.

When my brother first started driving (about 10 years ago) he misjudged the turn with the stop sign and banged up his camaro taking it too fast/wrong angle. Now he takes it VERY slowly and carefully.

As soon as we come around the corner we see the officer and he sees us. We continue down the road for about 30 seconds at which point we see him coming up FAST behind us. We're not stupid, we maintain a speed BELOW the limit. The next turn we take he pulls us over.

O: "Let me see your license and registration boy"
    Brother: (hands it to him) Here you go sir may i ask why ive been stopped
    O: You were speeding son
    B: Officer I set my cruise control i couldnt have been speeding, as bad as it sounds after i saw you i set my cruise so i wouldnt speed"
    O: Well the way you came around that curve i knew you were going to speed, thats why i pulled you. Now stop talking back

He asks for my friends ID and MINE. We have nothing to hide so we give it to him...

The embarrassing part is we happenned to get pulled over in front of my GF's moms house. My GF knows the way police in the area are but her mom doesnt.

My gf walks over and asks the officer politely whats going on. He makes up some BS. She tells him she understands and asks if its ok if i go since we have a plane to Spain to catch.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

The officer says "sure" comes over to the car and asks me to get out.He lets my brother go after giving him a ticket for speeding. He tells me i have warrants for my arrest and that i wont be going anywhere today, I'm going to jail.

When i ask what the warrants are for and can i see them, he responds that they are being faxed over from another county and i can see them when they arrive. I ask him repeatedly if i am under arrest. he replies "not yet' to which i reply, "then may i go?" everytime i ask that he acts like he didnt hear

finally another officer arrives and they talk a little bit and laugh to themselves. i hear one of them mumble "just a little while longer".

Finally 2 hours later the officer comes back and tells me im lucky the other county's fax machine is broken, tells me sarcastically to have a nice day and sarcastically wishes me a nice vacation in spain.

We missed our flight and it cost us $300 to reschedule for early the next day.
    12-03-09 01:31 PM
    ALSO things like this

NC sheriff sorry for calling immigrants "trashy" - 9/09/08 - Raleigh News - abc11.com
    Johnston County's sheriff breaks his silence | Video | abc11.com
    Sheriff apologizes for comments about illegal immigrants - NC Wanted

You cant have a sheriffs office with opinions like that and then say you dont profile based on race. The worst part? In one of those interviews he says "you aint seen nothin yet"

And this:
    Teenage Girl Attacked In Jail Cell - CBS News Video

You say that bad cops are like bad clerks. Sometimes people just have a bad day and we cant expect everyone to be good at all times, nor judge the many by the actions of one. Ok i agree to an extent.

the difference is, if i walk into mcdonalds and have a bad clerk, i can just as easily walk away. That mcdonalds doesnt get my money. If managements sees a trend, that clerk is gone. Not only that. it didnt cost me anything or affect me for more than 5 minutes.

However, if i run into a bad cop, what happens when i decide to walk away? It gets WORSE, not only that, it costs me whatever he wants it to cost me. The only thing the PD sees is how much money hes bringing in...

So NO, LEO's should NOT be comared to clerks. Cops should be held to a higher standard and have more rigorous testing required before being allowed to SERVE.

NEXT QUESTION: Why are a LOT of LEO's overweight. Obesity slows reaction time, affects judgement and impairs ability
    12-03-09 01:36 PM
    Wow...I'll have to sit down and go through this one pretty close, Kinda hard to read it all on here...And it looks like you've got quite a few questions...I'll see what I can answer for ya
    Pardon the delay on a response...My bold hasn't been agreeing with me recently

12-29-09 04:13 PM
    My question after reading the last few posts would be: What constitutes a civil rights offence?
    12-30-09 08:46 AM
    1) Do you mind being called cops? Obviously you dont like derogatory terms such as Pig etc but ive always wondered what the best way to refer to an LEO in third person is. If im speaking directly to the officer ill address him her by Sir, Ma'am officer or if i can tell their title ill use that.

I Dont Mind Being called a "cop" at all. You Can call me a PIG, Donut Muncher...What ever you'd like...I'll just choose to ignore your response and relate that to your Character...

2) How long is a dashcam video saved for, where is it saved and, can the LEO or the agency delete it at will?
    I Have no call on this one, YES, My Agency does use them, but as I'm not on Patrol (although State POST Certified, I Work The Jail, Courthouse and Transports)

Is it illegal to curse in public or in the presence on an LEO if its not directed at him? ie "Thats f'ed up"

Freedom Of Speech...That's All I have to say about that one...

NEXT QUESTION: Why are a LOT of LEO's overweight. Obesity slows reaction time, affects judgement and impairs ability

I Can't speak for others...Myself and the guys I know on here, and who Comment a lot on this thread are FAR from overweight...It just depends on the person I guess...

While you do have a lot of other points, I dont want to touch on a lot of them since I dont have the "patrol" side of the expierence...If it's Jail related, I can cover it (to the best of my ability) Otherwise, We'll have to wait until one of the Road guys stops in and answers your questions...That's a lot of reading to do!
    Thanks Though - I hope this Helps!
    Nate
    01-02-10 07:01 PM
    My question after reading the last few posts would be: What constitutes a civil rights offence?
    I Hate to be the "redundant one" here, But Anything that violates your rights is what I would constitute that towards...I Can't say too much though...especially since I wasnt the responding Officer...
    Nate
    01-02-10 07:02 PM
    I WILL Add This though -
    In the past couple of pages, there have been a TON of good questions and a lot of responses that make sense...Not just from me, but other LEO's on here as well...

While we Dont check this thread on a constant basis, There are some of us Who follow it (myself being one of them) So If you see a delay in your question being answered...Don't worry...It'll be answered shortly.

Secondly - WE'RE Not here to give you legal advice BY ANY MEANS...That's completely illegal for us to do, and I dont know a single LEO who would jepordize his/her career in order to answer your question. We're here to Enforce the Laws, and Not to answer the questions you have pretaining to your rights.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year -
    01-02-10 07:05 PM
    harley fella here,i keep gettin replies frum ya and dang if i cant find em.my berry keeps sayin diesel power is is writen u. okay ive ben a member of the abusers club for a good minute,on my crackberry i can post new threads fine,but cant find were u replie to me,on my laptop i cant post new threads cuz i cant find were to klick and post a new thread,thats sumthin aint it???? also casper the friendly dude lets us 8350i users kno bout a new software update for these worthless phones and cant figure out how to get this on my phone,so i figure you can write casper the friendly fella and tell em bout my idiacy.since i cant figure out how to do it.thanks dude. okay bout this copper buiz.like i was sayin before,we tha peeps need yall guys man,no!!! by no means are all of yall coppers on the str8 and narrow,but yall are there to do one thing,protect us from peeps like manson.i live in alabama and ya kno what dodge cummins diesel dude??? a policeman pulled a well to do guy over for speedin,now this guys got a family mind you,and this dummy shoots the police man,thats what yall guys gotta put up wit,and if ya ask me,yall guys are pretty brave,or just naive when you get hired on.and you want to kno whats ironic hott fuzz??? ima felon! THATS RIGHT,7 years in the state klink.no violence or nothin inmoral,jus addiction.but look diesel dude,if the fuzz didnt do there job then i wouldnt be here talkin on crackberry,see my logic diesel.so dont let those answers to your questions discourage u.the ones that put police down are criminals or they dont kno how wicked the world really is.and trust me lil brother,its wicked.well diesel maybe u can get that messege to casper for me,and by the way,been clean now for 4 years,THANK TO THE HOTT FUZZ.keep up the good work guys
    01-02-10 09:12 PM
    I got pulled over for the first time on Christmas Eve/Christmas (it was either directly before midnight or on midnight/Christmas). I am only 15 and I was with my two uncles. We were driving from my dad's house and stopped for gas. When we left, the area was extremely well lit so my uncle forgot to turn on his headlights. The moment we drove past a cop car, the area turned DARK. All the lights and street lights seemed to vanish and at that point, he remembered his headlights. The moment he turned them on, the cop turned on his lights and followed us. He stopped us and his partner (or w/e u call him) were actually very kind. I was actually surprised and not scared at all for being pulled over. First thing he said was "Gets dark pretty fast huh?" (referring to the lighting). But it was actually a comedic experience. Without getting into the whole thing, the officer asked my uncle for registration papers. So ok, he went into the glovebox or w/e and pulled out a pouch or w/e. He had like 20 papers in there and we went through at least 6. The cop kept saying "Expired" as my uncle kept replying "oh must be this one." We went through several papers until we finally found the RIGHT one that wasn't expired for the insurance thing. He went back and did what cops do w/e that is and came back and let us off with a warning and a "Have a Merry Christmas". Did I mention 12/24 is my uncle's birthday? Yeah, he saw his license and didn't even say Happy Birthday to him. Haha anyway, my question is, if that happened to you, the cop, how would you talk about this to your partner when you get back in the car? Do you laugh about it or do you guys talk smack about how us idiots have expired information cluttered in our car?
    01-03-10 01:08 AM
    why are the young small cops always such 'tough guys'..cause they got picked on in high school?
    01-03-10 03:36 PM
    How does it feel to on your lights and everyone pulls over like you are the king of the road?

Oh, what I dislike about SOME police, is that if they are at a stoplight or in traffic, they on their sirens and everyone pulls over, but then off it when they get to the front and go about their life!

01-04-10 04:15 AM
    How does it feel to on your lights and everyone pulls over like you are the king of the road?

Oh, what I dislike about SOME police, is that if they are at a stoplight or in traffic, they on their sirens and everyone pulls over, but then off it when they get to the front and go about their life!

How do you know what's going on? Maybe there was a call but then the situation has settled and that one officer you saw no longer has to drive lights/siren. Happens quite often.
    01-04-10 06:07 PM
    How do you know what's going on? Maybe there was a call but then the situation has settled and that one officer you saw no longer has to drive lights/siren. Happens quite often.
    More often than not they do abuse it. Not saying all cops do it but for those who turn it on and back off didn't have a need to do so. I often see cops turn on their siren as they approach a red light and then turn it off the moment they pass.
    01-04-10 07:45 PM
    All im going to say is some cops are cool and some are just a**holes all the way,then you got the rookies that went to school with you and got pushed around and when they pull you over they wanna be tuff guys like they are untouchable.
    01-04-10 08:26 PM
    I live in a small town, where the sheriffs deputies take up to an hour 2 get here, but used 2 live in the city (OKC). Some city cops are arrogant, to @ say the least, but i"m polite anyways, and i usually don't have any problem with the majority of them. these small town-ers are usually freindly, unless you have a long rap sheet. i used 2 not be able 2 afford insurance, and got into trouble with tickets, all the time, and used to hate cops, but now that I'm not 19 anymore, I can afford insurance, and no more problems with "the Laws."
    01-05-10 01:24 AM
    1. Does it ever bother you that everyone who drives in front of you is doing the speed limit? That would bug the h*** out of me.
    2. Do you find yourself "being a cop" off duty? For example if you see someone run a red light do you have the urge to chase them down?
    3. Do you ever break the law? Just yes or no- you don't need to elaborate unless you want to.
    01-05-10 10:11 PM
    1 - Only the ones who go below the limit.
    2 - Only if someone may be in harms way.
    01-06-10 05:46 AM
    More often than not they do abuse it. Not saying all cops do it but for those who turn it on and back off didn't have a need to do so. I often see cops turn on their siren as they approach a red light and then turn it off the moment they pass.
    Not always true..there could always be a pressing matter that doesn't require us to run code to...but we still have to respond quickly

01-06-10 10:28 AM
    1. Does it ever bother you that everyone who drives in front of you is doing the speed limit? That would bug the h*** out of me.
    2. Do you find yourself "being a cop" off duty? For example if you see someone run a red light do you have the urge to chase them down?
    3. Do you ever break the law? Just yes or no- you don't need to elaborate unless you want to.
    1. You could ask the guy who got a face full of black smoke on my way to work this morning...50 in a 75, and my POV is a diesel truck, I got around him and stomped on it...he later caught up with me and said "hello" in the universal language LOL

2. I don't care if your certified or not...AS cops, we're always on duty..

3. Doesn't everyone speed at some point in their lives??

01-06-10 10:32 AM
    here's an question, what daily thing that you see that isn't illegal but you wish was?

and seeing that its finally winter up here and i see all these idiots all the time, what could a 'tank' driver be charged with?

(A tank driver, in case you haven't heard the term, is a person whom only cleans the windshield in a small tiny square, just enuff to see forward, kinda like a vision port on a tank)
    01-06-10 11:12 AM
997 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD