View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Oh, I got one. You ever pull over any hot women and make up a charge (but let them off with a warning of course) just to get a good look at them?
    07-08-09 02:41 PM
    Oh, I got one. You ever pull over any hot women and make up a charge (but let them off with a warning of course) just to get a good look at them?
    No. That happens to be a violation of a persons civil rights and that my friend will earn you a one way ticket to jail and poverty. Id like to hope that you really dont do that in the event you make it as a police officer. It gives us all a bad name.
    07-08-09 06:13 PM
    I tried looking throught this whole thread, but 50 pages is a lot. Couple questions - why do the police pull over a kid with a loud muffler on his car because its "too loud", but let Harley owners with NO MUFFLERS go buy without a problem? The bikes are WAY louder. Also, what's your take on HIDs in cars that weren't built for them? Just wondering.
    this is a good topic here as i have a loud exhaust a highly modified tuner car thats lowered and everything but i get pulled over and always seem to get away with not getting a ticket because its a acura integra and cops never understand why it had JDM honda emblems on it and so they get flustered and leave but its got headers with a stright 3inch test pipe, no cats back to a decent size muffler and i have my tail lights tinted pretty dark and i want to get some HIDS but think that might be pushing it

this is the exhaust i have
    07-08-09 10:47 PM
    I tried looking throught this whole thread, but 50 pages is a lot. Couple questions - why do the police pull over a kid with a loud muffler on his car because its "too loud", but let Harley owners with NO MUFFLERS go buy without a problem? The bikes are WAY louder. Also, what's your take on HIDs in cars that weren't built for them? Just wondering.
    probably because your ARE a kid. and the fact that u are young plays into how you drive (usually)

have you noticed that 99.999999 percent of Harley/Indian and ANY non-crotch rocket are older drivers? they, sound or no sound are probably going to get pulled over LESS then a rice rocket bike or car.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 07-08-09 at 10:57 PM.
    07-08-09 10:54 PM
    This is a great thread. I have a bunch of questions but I'll only ask two.

First off. My wife always wanted to touch a police car. Is it legal?

Second. If I am at a donut shop (dunkin donuts) and a cop walks in, I would like to thank them for their service by buying him/her a coffee or something. Can u guys accept that or is it agaiinst your rules or something.

Thanks for the service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 10:56 PM
    No. That happens to be a violation of a persons civil rights and that my friend will earn you a one way ticket to jail and poverty. Id like to hope that you really dont do that in the event you make it as a police officer. It gives us all a bad name.
    I'm not trying to be a police officer. The only reason I ask is because I've heard of this happening before. I didn't know if it was true or even if anyone else had heard of it. Maybe I should have worded it differently but I agree with you completely, it is a very serious violation of rights.
    07-08-09 11:00 PM
    This is a great thread. I have a bunch of questions but I'll only ask two.

First off. My wife always wanted to touch a police car. Is it legal?

Second. If I am at a donut shop (dunkin donuts) and a cop walks in, I would like to thank them for their service by buying him/her a coffee or something. Can u guys accept that or is it agaiinst your rules or something.

Thanks for the service.

First Off...She can touch a police car any time...I don't see a problem with it PERSONALLY...But that's me...

Your second question...I'd answer that one as a BIG NO...That's a gratuity, and by how I was trained it's not
    Acceptable...Some cops will, I WILL NOT...

And I appreciate what ya say about thanking us for our service...Its truely a passion that I've come to love every day I put on my vest and belt to go to work...

07-08-09 11:19 PM
    We'll leave this one open for discussion, and see how many of you ACTUALLY want to ask a Cop a Question!

WHILE there are many of you on here that really dont care for Police, sometimes...People have questions, and That's what We'll leave this one up to..

Please Note Though, We WILL NOT run you through NCIC/CCIC to see if you have any Warrants out for your arrest, We WILL NOT run your Friends...And Certainly WILL NOT Provide you with ANY SORT of legal Advice...

Ask Anything you'd Like, Post your Oppinion about Police here if you feel the Need to, Regardless...There's Plenty of Police Officers (including myself) That will answer any questions presented...Within Reason of course!

Be Safe, And Ask Away!
    Would you say most cops are compensating for something?
    07-08-09 11:57 PM
    Would you say most cops are compensating for something?
    I'll say this, some people have no business being a cop. I work with a few of them.
    07-09-09 08:10 AM

Your second question...I'd answer that one as a BIG NO...That's a gratuity, and by how I was trained it's not
    Acceptable...Some cops will, I WILL NOT...

The officers in my area have no problem with accepting gratuity. As a matter of fact, when my family owned a restaurant, we had a lot of cops come in expecting a discount and were pretty upset when they didn't get it all the time (the restaurant started going under and we couldn't afford to give away anything free anymore.)
    07-09-09 08:52 AM
    The officers in my area have no problem with accepting gratuity. As a matter of fact, when my family owned a restaurant, we had a lot of cops come in expecting a discount and were pretty upset when they didn't get it all the time (the restaurant started going under and we couldn't afford to give away anything free anymore.)
    Some officers DO expect it...I just won't take it.
    If I am offered a discount, or given one when I sit at a resturant, I'll ALWAYS leave the discounted ammount with the Tip...
    It really just turns into one officers Morals versus anothers...

07-09-09 09:30 AM
    I'll say this, some people have no business being a cop. I work with a few of them.
    And this I would agree with as well...

07-09-09 09:31 AM
    Do you think your salary is fair?

I won't ask for #'s obviously.
    07-09-09 10:01 AM
    Do you think your salary is fair?

I won't ask for #'s obviously.
    That is a question I won't answer...

07-09-09 10:04 AM
    fair enough.

IMO, whatever you get paid, it's probably not enough.
    07-09-09 10:31 AM
    fair enough.

IMO, whatever you get paid, it's probably not enough.
    I won't disclose my salary...But With a Wife, and a baby on the way with normal bills...Its Tough,
    Even as a dual income family...

07-09-09 10:34 AM
    I think its tough for almost everybody without having to worry about being shot every day.

Certain occupations in this country deserve a little more...
    07-09-09 10:46 AM
    I think its tough for almost everybody without having to worry about being shot every day.

Certain occupations in this country deserve a little more...
    I would agree...But we're getting a bit off topic LOL
    pin:20D0D6DE

07-09-09 10:48 AM
    Yeah, I'm trying to think of some other questions at the moment.
    07-09-09 10:51 AM
    I have to say, I really like this topic. Seeing all the different types of questions being asked to another officer is great. I haven't worked as an officer for that long and its really nice to see that a lot of people respect that job and not hate us.

07-10-09 10:46 AM
    Ive just finished reading this whole thread with the hopes that someone on here might have asked the question I have. Do you realize how people act when they are you on the side of the road? Sometimes I wish you could see how the drivers slamming on their brakes and trying not to get caught for speeding. It almost makes driving dangerous when you are maintaining a prudent speed and the 8 to 10 cars in front of you suddenly decide to dropTheir speeds to under the speed limit. I understand that nobody wants a ticket or worse. I don't either. But damn! Its like they are you running radar and all of a sudden and you have a bunch of shaved apes trying to do good by the officer. It is irritating to me because I don't speed and am not in a hurry when I am in my car. I understand that the minute or two you save by doing 10 over really forsent amount to crap when you reach your destination. I respect the job you do and understand why you are out there.

07-11-09 05:20 PM
    Ahh, do you wear that hat on duty?
    07-12-09 10:06 PM
    I have a friend who's father was a California Highway Patrol officer. She told me that there were speicial stickers her father gave her, her siblings, and some close friends to put on their license plates so that other officers would know that they were related to someone in law enforcement and not mess with them.

Does something like this really exist or is it just a california thing?
    How do you get something like that?
    Do they expire???
    07-13-09 05:43 AM
    .... Do you realize how people act when they are you on the side of the road? Sometimes I wish you could see how the drivers slamming on their brakes and trying not to get caught for speeding. It almost makes driving dangerous when you are maintaining a prudent speed and the 8 to 10 cars in front of you suddenly decide to dropTheir speeds to under the speed limit. I understand that nobody wants a ticket or worse. I don't either. But damn! Its like they are you running radar and all of a sudden and you have a bunch of shaved apes trying to do good by the officer. It is irritating to me because I don't speed and am not in a hurry when I am in my car. I understand that the minute or two you save by doing 10 over really forsent amount to crap when you reach your destination. I respect the job you do and understand why you are out there.

Ah, you must have been driving behind me. Sorry about that, I was trying to get to my ape-shaving appointment
    You shouldn't be driving slowly in a fast lane. (j/k please don't hate)

I have a few questions: (and sorry if you have answered before, i couldn't bring myself to read all 50+pages at the moment, although some posts were hilarious)

1. Do you ever get tickets if you've identified yourself as an officer?
    2. Which is a better taser? The one that shoots out prongs or the one that you have to jam into someone? (asking because I need to buy one for protection)
    07-13-09 06:05 AM
    Ahh, do you wear that hat on duty?
    The UK cops have the Pointy Hats LOL
    My Agency issues out Baseball Caps with our Badge Patch sewn on the front...

07-13-09 09:15 AM
997 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD