View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    So I had this truck that had tags that had expired at least 10 months prior...

Knowing this, I wouldn't let a cop get behind me for anything... at a dozen times I swear they would turn around lookin for me....

For example I'm drive south and I passed a cop, a block later he turns right and I'm instantly paranoid and find that a few blocks later he is now southbound behind me, I turn into the residential streets going right, left, right left... About 10 minutes later we pass again and he tries to get behind me but I disappear into an alley and lose him....

My husband says its eluding police - tho if they were to light me up I would pull over.

I say I'm just good at running away...

So If I look like I'm avoiding cops... could I get pulled over?

(i'm driving a new properly tagged vehicle now)

Oh and Q #2

My husband put a National Guard tag on his truck; he says he's less likely to be pulled over just for the tag... especially when he's in uniform...

Is he?
    03-27-10 05:33 PM
    Q#1. The officer may have not seen your tags and might be busy with other things. If I notice you acting suspicious, and driving trying to avoid me, then that will raise a big red flag. Q#2. If you violate the law, you are subject to the penalties...no matter who you are. I commend and respect those that serve but that uniform doesn't give them a free pass to violate traffic law.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 05:43 PM
    ahahaha

got it, thanks
    03-27-10 06:42 PM

Oh and Q #2

My husband put a National Guard tag on his truck; he says he's less likely to be pulled over just for the tag... especially when he's in uniform...

Is he?
    Negative Ghost Rider - Just because you've got a plate that says NG, USMC, US Army and so forth doesnt mean your less likely to be pulled over...

My Wife has the Support Law Enforcement magnet on the back of her car, The only thing it does, is Keep the idiots from following her too closely...But She's been popped...Last time she did, a State Trooper had her, She "accidentially" dropped the "I should have known, given what my husband does for his job" (she was asked about her insurance card, apparently she spaced giving it to the trooper LOL) And Then She was like "He works for ****** County (Ha ha) and the trooper let her go..

If ANYTHING its a warning sign to us, Or something to keep an eye out for...It could be that guy with the FOP sticker on his car (say, he bought the car from someone else) and or that same kind of Magnet...That ends up taking a shot at one of us...

Catch my Drift?
    Nate
    05-08-10 12:05 PM
    Here's a scenario that's happened to me numerous times.. I'm driving 10 or 15mph over the limit in the fast lane and I notice a state trooper approach my rear. I get over in the lane to the right to let him pass (he is probably doing 20-25 over the limit) and then hop back over into the fast lane.

Would you (or could you) pull me over if I follow you (above the speed limit) at a safe distance?

One more question: Have you ever been checking for speeders and attempt to pull over an undercover vehicle? If so what happens when/if you pull him over?
    05-11-10 12:13 PM
    1st, what lawful reason would you have to travel above the speed limit, at a safe distance or not, behind a patrol vehicle? That's the question you should ask yourself, and be able to answer, when I turn on my rear facing radar and disregard the call I was enroute to so I can find out who's tailing me.

05-11-10 12:21 PM
    As far as pulling over an undercover car...if in fact, the officers driving the vehicle are undercover, the traffic stop will go as usual as to not burn them.

05-11-10 12:29 PM
    1st, what lawful reason would you have to travel above the speed limit, at a safe distance or not, behind a patrol vehicle? That's the question you should ask yourself, and be able to answer, when I turn on my rear facing radar and disregard the call I was enroute to so I can find out who's tailing me.

I meant it as if you are simply speeding.. not on "patrol." And by safe distance I mean like 4 car-lengths behind you.. In that case I feel I have every right to travel behind you. If the one who is supposed to enforce the law isnt upholding it, why should I be so inclined?
    05-11-10 12:34 PM
    I meant it as if you are simply speeding.. not on "patrol." And by safe distance I mean like 4 car-lengths behind you.. In that case I feel I have every right to travel behind you. If the one who is supposed to enforce the law isnt upholding it, why should I be so inclined?
    And I understand what your saying, but how will you know what that officer is doing. You won't know if he/she is enroute to a call or not. So, why would you take that chance? Why not follow the law and be responsible for YOUR actions. Your actions are what you will have to explain in court. And, I was speeding because he was speeding won't go over well with a judge...I don't care what state your in. LOL. I hope I helped.

05-11-10 12:41 PM
    And I understand what your saying, but how will you know what that officer is doing. You won't know if he/she is enroute to a call or not. So, why would you take that chance? Why not follow the law and be responsible for YOUR actions. Your actions are what you will have to explain in court. And, I was speeding because he was speeding won't go over well with a judge...I don't care what state your in. LOL. I hope I helped.

alright, alright, I understand. But I would defintley still use that excuse in court. Then he'd have to prove he was on patrol, and IF he was, ill gladly pay the ticket
    05-11-10 12:55 PM
    alright, alright, I understand. But I would defintley still use that excuse in court. Then he'd have to prove he was on patrol, and IF he was, ill gladly pay the ticket
    LOL, but also understand that if you could prove the officer wasn't on patrol and speeding, then STILL what would be YOUR excuse for breaking the law AS WELL? It still ends up with both of you in the wrong. Sounds like wasted energy and time to me. Good luck.

05-11-10 01:05 PM
    Come on now! No one else has questions?!? LOL
    05-17-10 11:54 AM
    i've just noticed, and this is by no means a scientific analysis, but the shorter the hair on a cop the bigger a d!ick he/she is. but i also understand the need for police and the dangers they face everyday. JMHO.
    05-17-10 03:06 PM
    My self I think cops or good but their are some that are just....well I will leave that one alone But I have a cousin who is a cop and he pretty cool and not because he is my cousin ether
    I agree. It's all about your attitude when you go into law enforcement. If you have a chip on your shoulder then you should get it off or find another career. I will be just as respectful to the officer as he is to me. If I'm doing something wrong and get caught, then I'm going to take my ticket. Not his fault for doing his job.
    05-17-10 04:07 PM
    I heard that a cop cant give you a traffic violation for not stopping at a stop sign in a parking lot.. is this true?
    05-18-10 10:46 AM
    I heard that a cop cant give you a traffic violation for not stopping at a stop sign in a parking lot.. is this true?
    Those signs are located on private property. They are not part of the "public roadway". They are basically suggestions to help control traffic flow and to keep everyone from running into each other.

Not following the directions the signs give could cause possible accidents or injury to you or others that expect you to follow those directions.

Last edited by CJH315; 05-18-10 at 02:14 PM.
    05-18-10 11:04 AM
    i've just noticed, and this is by no means a scientific analysis, but the shorter the hair on a cop the bigger a d!ick he/she is. but i also understand the need for police and the dangers they face everyday. JMHO.
    Well I'm bald!!!! (Insert joke here)

05-18-10 02:18 PM
    Well I'm bald!!!! (Insert joke here)
    see?! my point exactly!!! j/k
    05-18-10 02:34 PM
    I agree. It's all about your attitude when you go into law enforcement. If you have a chip on your shoulder then you should get it off or find another career. I will be just as respectful to the officer as he is to me. If I'm doing something wrong and get caught, then I'm going to take my ticket. Not his fault for doing his job.
    The one's that give our profession a bad name are those that apparently need the badge to legitimize their manhood and in the women's case, where they feel they need to prove themselves or have a chip on their shoulder (as you said). Entering into this profession, you should already have confidence and good self esteem from the way you were raised. Its not magically taught in the academy.

Once that badge is pinned on, you have a responsibility to the citizens you swore to protect. If you were trained properly, you will show professionalism at all times when interacting with them.
    Now that being said, if I make contact with a violator and I start off in a respectful tone and the violator goes off on me, then that's my green light to gain control of the situation. The violator made that choice.

05-18-10 02:35 PM
    I wish more cops had your attitude CJH. Nothing worse than an officer that takes advantage of their position.
    05-18-10 02:42 PM
    How many cops does it take to bring down a raging snookie after her bumpit has been knocked off?
    05-18-10 02:49 PM
    How many cops does it take to bring down a raging snookie after her bumpit has been knocked off?
    LMAO!!! Forget about stopping you...All of nightshift for crowd control...I'd sell tickets at the door then retire
    05-18-10 03:12 PM
    Now that being said, if I make contact with a violator and I start off in a respectful tone and the violator goes off on me, then that's my green light to gain control of the situation. The violator made that choice.

Good point, and you're well within your rights to do so, imho.
    05-18-10 05:25 PM
    The problem with police is most PEOPLE (not just officers) have no respect for another human being any more. This could be a voilator or officer in any situation.

If I get pulled over for speeding, oh well. I know I broke the law and I'll take my ticket. There's no reason to treat the cop like a j3rk because I screwed up and he/she is only doing their job.

But if I get pulled over (whether or not I was doing anything wrong) and the officer is disrespectful towards me, it really makes me mad. It's an abuse of power and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, even if I take it to court. It's one of the most despicable things I can think of. But I don't hate these people because they are cops, I hate them because they're terrible people and because they can get away with a lot of things any normal j3rk can't.

The town where I grew up, most officers were like this so I initially had a pretty intense hatred of police officers. Now that I've moved out of that town (and grown up a little), I respect officers of the law like I would any other human being... as long as they show me the same repsect.
    05-19-10 12:15 PM
    The problem with police is most PEOPLE (not just officers) have no respect for another human being any more. This could be a voilator or officer in any situation.

If I get pulled over for speeding, oh well. I know I broke the law and I'll take my ticket. There's no reason to treat the cop like a j3rk because I screwed up and he/she is only doing their job.

But if I get pulled over (whether or not I was doing anything wrong) and the officer is disrespectful towards me, it really makes me mad. It's an abuse of power and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, even if I take it to court. It's one of the most despicable things I can think of. But I don't hate these people because they are cops, I hate them because they're terrible people and because they can get away with a lot of things any normal j3rk can't.

The town where I grew up, most officers were like this so I initially had a pretty intense hatred of police officers. Now that I've moved out of that town (and grown up a little), I respect officers of the law like I would any other human being... as long as they show me the same repsect.
    I'll agree with you 100% Some cops are just plain rude, and some will treat you with respect until you disrespect them...Personally (Even working in a Jail setting) I treat all of the inmates in here with respect, the problem we run into constantly is they'll try and manipluate us, so we have to know when enough is enough...

I too grew up not exactly very tollerant of police officers, mainly because I got into an arguement with a Deputy from a different county (figure almost 14 years ago) And he wrote me a ticket for Disorderly conduct...Pissed me off, But I was in the wrong...I didnt beleive that THEN, But I Do now! LOL
    Nate
    05-21-10 02:12 PM
997 ... 37383940
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD