View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This is a great thread. I have a bunch of questions but I'll only ask two.

First off. My wife always wanted to touch a police car. Is it legal?

Second. If I am at a donut shop (dunkin donuts) and a cop walks in, I would like to thank them for their service by buying him/her a coffee or something. Can u guys accept that or is it agaiinst your rules or something.

Thanks for the service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nothing against the police, but I don't feel the need to buy them food for their service. It's their job and I thank them for it every time I pay my taxes.
    01-06-10 11:22 AM
    My father was on for 25 years and now enjoys life as a caddy on the pro tour.
    I'm an animal cop and love my signal 2's from all of you.
    There is no need to buy any of us/them food or otherwise as a thank you. Being respectful is plenty because believe me it's rare.
    I'm always amazed at how many people don't like people cops.
    Scaring their kids away, "Oh no, you will go to jail" etc... Who do you want your child approaching when they get lost? Say someone is following you and you happen by a PD unit, you will flag them down for help right?
    Come on people, get it together.
    I find some of the comments here quite rude.
    Perfect example of why I protect animals and not people.
    01-07-10 02:47 AM
    And no, they don't make enough. For that matter neither do i.
    01-07-10 02:48 AM
    You still have our credit as well Kelly- I couldn't be an ACO if I had to...that takes a LOT out of a person...

01-25-10 05:28 PM
    I work at a gas station. And I was taught that all cops get free fountain drinks. Is it like that where you work? If yes, do the cops actually appreciate it or feel entitled to it?
    Some cops wait until we say its free and others walk out without waiting.

Oh and can I borrow your tazer? Ill give it back.

01-25-10 08:26 PM
    It is against my department policy to receive anything free. I pay for everything.

No. You may not borrow my tazer.
    02-03-10 01:56 AM
    More often than not they do abuse it. Not saying all cops do it but for those who turn it on and back off didn't have a need to do so. I often see cops turn on their siren as they approach a red light and then turn it off the moment they pass.

You can't accurately make that statement. You aren't in the car with them and you have NO idea why they did that.
    02-03-10 01:58 AM
    Last week, I parked my car on the street in front of my buddy's house while him and I left in his truck to go pick up his new pool table. When we returned, I found that my parked car had been side-swiped pretty badly (still drivable though). I called the police and they dispatched an officer to my location. When the officer got there he asked me some typical questions (What time I left the vehicle there, Did I know if anyone saw the accident...etc) I filled out a report while the officer took pictures of the damage and did other stuff related to the scene of the accident. I handed him my report and answered a few more questions, then officer was on his way.

My question is this: Is my accident report just going to go into a file cabinet at the station never to see the light of day again, or are there other steps that are taken to find the person who hit my car? I know my case isn't considered high priority, but I'm just curious as to how cases like this are handled.

Also...the person who hit my car broke their side mirror off and it was laying on the ground. I gave it to the officer and he took it with him. Is that mirror going to go into some sort of evidence room? How will it help them find the person?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-04-10 01:44 AM
    Last week, I parked my car on the street in front of my buddy's house while him and I left in his truck to go pick up his new pool table. When we returned, I found that my parked car had been side-swiped pretty badly (still drivable though). I called the police and they dispatched an officer to my location. When the officer got there he asked me some typical questions (What time I left the vehicle there, Did I know if anyone saw the accident...etc) I filled out a report while the officer took pictures of the damage and did other stuff related to the scene of the accident. I handed him my report and answered a few more questions, then officer was on his way.

My question is this: Is my accident report just going to go into a file cabinet at the station never to see the light of day again, or are there other steps that are taken to find the person who hit my car? I know my case isn't considered high priority, but I'm just curious as to how cases like this are handled.

Also...the person who hit my car broke their side mirror off and it was laying on the ground. I gave it to the officer and he took it with him. Is that mirror going to go into some sort of evidence room? How will it help them find the person?

In the county I work in, if there's no info on the other vehicle, there's no report. There has to be some kind of traceable info, like a tag number, in order for there to be any kinf of follow up investigation. Otherwise you're told to contact your insurance company.
    02-06-10 12:42 AM

First off, The Accident is considered a hit and run...Those usually take a good chunk of priority, but its one of those "If we see a car with a missing mirror and a good scratch or two, we'll look" kinda things.... I'd check the area for any witness's, Maybe even post on craigslist or something as to where you were parked and if anyone has any info on it...Personally, That would **** me off (and it happened to me in Wally World's parking lot...They had security camera's though)...

Secondly, YEs...It does go into evidence, and SOMETIMES they'll be able to match up the mirror with the type of car it came off of...Then it's a process of elimination to find the person who swiped ya...

Hope that Helps!
    Nate
    02-18-10 04:39 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. My insurance covered most of the damage so I'm happy. Definitely could've been worse.

02-19-10 01:22 AM
    QUOTE: Common sense is a trait that some learn at a very early age...OTHERS, it takes a couple trips to the County Jail before they SOMETIMES get the clue...

OMG, do I ever I see the truth of that every single time I type psychiatric/criminal reports!!! LOL!
    02-19-10 10:47 AM
    In which states is it illegal to pass in the right lane of a major highway/interstate?

Curious as the result of another recent thread.
    02-19-10 11:02 AM
    In which states is it illegal to pass in the right lane of a major highway/interstate?

Curious as the result of another recent thread.
    I'd say its pretty well illegal in all of them...I know it is here in Colorado.
    Sorry for the delay, I've been slackin' LOL

03-08-10 09:32 PM
    How hard is it to become a cop and what type of test or things do u have to go through to become one.

03-08-10 10:35 PM
    How hard is it to become a cop and what type of test or things do u have to go through to become one.

Depends on what state your in honestly...For Colorado (and most of the other POST states...) It's as simple as going to an Academy and taking the required courses, then when ya finish the academy, ya take the POST test, which isn't even REMOTELY close to an easy test...

From there, its the application process that takes a pretty long time...

You could always just make the formal application to a sheriff's office or police department that has an academy and have them put you through it...

There is a couple more things (no felonies, Domestic's or DUI's) but they're basic knowledge...21+ years old too, since we ALL carry guns
    Nate

03-09-10 06:38 AM
    I'd say its pretty well illegal in all of them...I know it is here in Colorado.
    Sorry for the delay, I've been slackin' LOL

No prob Nate, thanks for the reply.
    03-09-10 11:36 AM
    What is the best orafice or compact space on the human body in which to hide drugs during a strip search? Like is there one in particular that always seems to get ya? you know, like "Dag nabbit, Ponch! Fooled by the sac tuck once again!"
    03-09-10 12:56 PM
    What is the best orafice or compact space on the human body in which to hide drugs during a strip search? Like is there one in particular that always seems to get ya? you know, like "Dag nabbit, Ponch! Fooled by the sac tuck once again!"
    it is pretty easy to miss stuff in the folds of back fat some people have.
    03-09-10 08:31 PM
    it is pretty easy to miss stuff in the folds of back fat some people have.
    Thank you for reminding me why I don't miss my time working in the jail. LOL. I "WAS" hungry for lunch. Yuck.

03-13-10 12:29 PM

HA HA!!! THAT'S Funny!!

I'll tell ya, I've seen some stuff come in, And Yes...Up the Anus is the popular one, Some inmates will often put items under their testicles, Inbetween their **** cheeks...Females, Well Lets just say, I Dont Have to look at that..THANK GOD, Especially after seeing some of them that have walked into my jail LOL!

I remember a story that was told to me once, WELL BEFORE my time, A Guy brought in a "Good Sized" Cigar...Corked it of course, Just because he wanted to have a smoke while in custody...He didnt get his wish, But infact came out with a new charge of Introduction of Contraban into a secure facility....Im GLAD I wasnt here for that one!
    Nate
    03-23-10 05:03 PM
    Thank you for reminding me why I don't miss my time working in the jail. LOL. I "WAS" hungry for lunch. Yuck.

COME ON Cj!! I've seen Worse! LMAO!
    03-23-10 05:04 PM
    COME ON Cj!! I've seen Worse! LMAO!
    Lol, I'm sure. I have too. The scary part was when I was working the jail and left for a week. When I came back I had to get accustomed to the smell all over again. That's a **** of a smell to get use to. Lol

03-27-10 09:00 AM
    Lol, I'm sure. I have too. The scary part was when I was working the jail and left for a week. When I came back I had to get accustomed to the smell all over again. That's a **** of a smell to get use to. Lol
    I Guess that must be a Houston thing...My little Jail Doesnt Stink at all...Unless you go into one Pod...But Im NOT going to Say which
    03-27-10 03:30 PM
    I Guess that must be a Houston thing...My little Jail Doesnt Stink at all...Unless you go into one Pod...But Im NOT going to Say which
    Lmao, I guess I should clarify. I mean the holding tank area where the detainees are held when they are first brought in. This is prior to them showering and getting their issued inmate uniform. Yes, as a whole our jails don't stink, but we can't control their hygiene when their arrested. Lol

03-27-10 04:47 PM
997 ... 3637383940
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD