View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Ah, you must have been driving behind me. Sorry about that, I was trying to get to my ape-shaving appointment
    You shouldn't be driving slowly in a fast lane. (j/k please don't hate)

I have a few questions: (and sorry if you have answered before, i couldn't bring myself to read all 50+pages at the moment, although some posts were hilarious)

1. Do you ever get tickets if you've identified yourself as an officer?
    2. Which is a better taser? The one that shoots out prongs or the one that you have to jam into someone? (asking because I need to buy one for protection)

Okay, Your first question again depends on the agency, some agencies will write other cops some won't...

Your second...I prefer the X26, but its not a Civilan model taser (to my knowledge) the company Taser International
    Makes one for personal use...And its quite effective, Both because it shoots and you can drive stun

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 10:31 AM
    I've got a question for you Diesel. A buddy at work just got a huge ticket because a cop followed him around stacking up his mistakes. Rolling stop at a stop sign. Speeding by 12k(which isnt alot actually) and speeding by 25k when passing...

Shouldn't you pull them over the second you see something wrong? Now the guys got a couple months worth of rent going into tickets...
    07-13-09 10:42 AM
    I've got a question for you Diesel. A buddy at work just got a huge ticket because a cop followed him around stacking up his mistakes. Rolling stop at a stop sign. Speeding by 12k(which isnt alot actually) and speeding by 25k when passing...

Shouldn't you pull them over the second you see something wrong? Now the guys got a couple months worth of rent going into tickets...
    I'm going to leave this one up to our Patrol Guys...While I'm certified, I'm not FTO'd to run traffic...
    My oppinion, the officer was establishing PC for the stop...But should have been pulled after the first infraction

07-13-09 10:45 AM
    I'm going to leave this one up to our Patrol Guys...While I'm certified, I'm not FTO'd to run traffic...
    My oppinion, the officer was establishing PC for the stop...But should have been pulled after the first infraction

Oh okay, I'll wait for one of them Thanks
    07-13-09 10:50 AM
    Okay, Your first question again depends on the agency, some agencies will write other cops some won't...

Your second...I prefer the X26, but its not a Civilan model taser (to my knowledge) the company Taser International
    Makes one for personal use...And its quite effective, Both because it shoots and you can drive stun

Thank you, I will check them out.
    07-13-09 12:00 PM

(not trying to but in)
    Two words: Good Lawyer
    Last edited by pixel8rberry; 07-13-09 at 12:02 PM. Reason: it censored b u t t lol
    07-13-09 12:01 PM
    Ah, you must have been driving behind me. Sorry about that, I was trying to get to my ape-shaving appointment
    You shouldn't be driving slowly in a fast lane. (j/k please don't hate)

I have a few questions: (and sorry if you have answered before, i couldn't bring myself to read all 50+pages at the moment, although some posts were hilarious)

1. Do you ever get tickets if you've identified yourself as an officer?
    2. Which is a better taser? The one that shoots out prongs or the one that you have to jam into someone? (asking because I need to buy one for protection)

As Diesel pointed out, the X26 Civilian version is probably going to be your best bet. The man difference between the law enforcement version of this and the civilian is that the police version can be cut off after a second, thus not allowing the entire 5 sec to be administered, the civilian version of this last for 10sec and cannot be cut off. It is meant to give you enough time to run. I personally do not want anymore than 5 seconds, its more than I care to do. The civilian x26 is costly about $300-400 but you get what you pay for. Pepper spray is not affective on everyone, and I really dont want to get that close to someone to use a stun gun, so the X26 has my vote.

I've been stopped a few times and while I havent received a ticket yet.. there are cops out there who will write other cops tickets.
    07-14-09 12:24 AM
    (not trying to but in)

A good lawyer would merely get his feeling hurt in court if the cop was able to articulate why he did what he did. The cop only followed him to observe any and all violations, while this seemed to be a bit extreme, he did nothing wrong and if he is a decent officer, the charges will stick.
    07-14-09 12:27 AM
    (not trying to but in)
    But then if he lost, he'd be out that much more money.

A good lawyer would merely get his feeling hurt in court if the cop was able to articulate why he did what he did. The cop only followed him to observe any and all violations, while this seemed to be a bit extreme, he did nothing wrong and if he is a decent officer, the charges will stick.
    So police officers are allowed to follow you around adding up everything you do wrong? Just pull you over after an hour of following you around and hand you $2500 in tickets?
    07-14-09 12:53 AM
    But then if he lost, he'd be out that much more money.

So police officers are allowed to follow you around adding up everything you do wrong? Just pull you over after an hour of following you around and hand you $2500 in tickets?

Again, thats a bit extreme... and it todays world, that would never happen for multiple reasons; however, technically I guess yes it could. My point here is dont break the dam law and you wont have any problems.
    07-14-09 01:03 AM
    I was saying that in case it was abuse of power, which is rare but possible.
    07-14-09 07:27 AM
    We have both the X26 and M26 (the older version) in my jail...I'll stand behind either one, the other difference I've seen
    Is the X26 has a bit more of a sting to it LOL

07-14-09 10:00 AM
    We have both the X26 and M26 (the older version) in my jail...I'll stand behind either one, the other difference I've seen
    Is the X26 has a bit more of a sting to it LOL

I prefer the one with more sting. I never thought I'd need one, but a guy tried to rob me a week ago at my door, while i was looking for my keys. He didn't get anything, but he did get away. And now he knows where I live...

Thank you for the advice. At least now I know what I am looking for.
    07-14-09 04:54 PM
    I prefer the one with more sting. I never thought I'd need one, but a guy tried to rob me a week ago at my door, while i was looking for my keys. He didn't get anything, but he did get away. And now he knows where I live...

Thank you for the advice. At least now I know what I am looking for.
    I'm not 100% Sure...But I don't think a Civilian can buy the X26...

07-14-09 04:57 PM
    Well well well look what we got here, a fuzz! Well first off I have to say I dislike 5% of the fuzz. Why well I was in Criminal Justice for a year and corrections, I've done plenty of shotgun rides. Well this officer approach me while at the fuzz station and wanted a taste of serious power of my personal stun guns, They know me. The voltage on it is 1.2 million volts, yes it is real, I also have a 900,000 volt baby. Both were able to fit into a King size pack of cigarettes. I was carrying both! =D Ya'll keep up the great work ya'll do for us citizens! Well that cop drop like something I've never seen before with both of my babies, oh yeah I hit him in his family jewels and neck.......all I can say is ouch!

07-14-09 05:46 PM
    Well well well look what we got here, a fuzz!
    LOL Not to play the Smart Arse card...But there's More than one of us in here LOL

Most appreciated with your Thanks as well

07-14-09 05:55 PM
    LOL Not to play the Smart Arse card...But there's More than one of us in here LOL

Most appreciated with your Thanks as well

I know there is an infestation of fuzz in here! I've always appreciated law enforcement, I also know the truth about how many truly nice fuzz are out there. I'd say its about 95% honestly great fuzz, 5% is the corrupted evil fuzz ya don't want to bleep with. Even I.A. Doesn't want to mess with that 5%, lol. I am soon to be a Private Investigator, well like in 2 yrs or so give or take when I'm not lazy. Lol

07-14-09 06:03 PM
    Oh yeah one true question lol! Diesel984, are you on/off duty at the moment?

07-14-09 06:07 PM
    Oh yeah one true question lol! Diesel984, are you on/off duty at the moment?

We are always on duty my friend....always.
    07-14-09 08:13 PM
    Longer post coming, but quick question...

Is it illegal to drive barefoot?
    07-22-09 09:09 PM
    Longer post coming, but quick question...

Is it illegal to drive barefoot?

Depends on the State. Some yes.. some no.
    07-23-09 10:36 PM
    Depends on the State. Some yes.. some no.
    Haha. Thanks. Always wondered that. My brothers wife drives barefoot everywhere, and I tease her relentlessly for being a hillbilly
    07-23-09 10:39 PM
    Haha. Thanks. Always wondered that. My brothers wife drives barefoot everywhere, and I tease her relentlessly for being a hillbilly
    Its not illegal here in Colorado...I've actucally never heard of it being illegal, but I suppose it could be

09-23-09 11:40 AM
    Why do cops tail people? And speed everywhere?
    09-24-09 08:29 AM
    Why do cops tail people? And speed everywhere?
    amen! or the best is when they put their lights on just so they dont have to ride in traffic.
    09-24-09 08:45 AM
997 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD