View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    O yeah I totally meant dark and deserted (sp) but for me - that can be city too. I live in a city, but there are some spots that I WON'T pull over, they are straight up dark and deserted, and not the best place to pull over. For me a safe place would be at a gas station or in front of houses that are lit up like an xmas tree. I understand that you are doing your job, but we have some not-so-lit neighboorhoods here and it aint fun to be stopped in one of them. But for me I want to stop a place I feel safe. Like a gas station. Which is another reason I stated the use of cautions and the phone call. I also expect to slow my speed down and not be doing the speed limit. I WANT the officer to know I know he is behind me, and that I just don't feel safe. The area that I live in have had a lot of problems with police impersonations and cops going haywire and off their meds (jk, but we have had one incidence where a cop just seemed to go nuts. He shot up the freeway out here. And I found out later that night that my step mom was on her way home she usually took that way, but thank god she took another one that night.)

If a stopee keeps going and tries the ". Oh I didn't know" excuse I fully expect them to get a ticket. That to me is failure to yeild. If you don't feel safe stopping where you are I expect you to do ALL you can to let the officer know you are behind him. And not just keep going.

I have been stopped a few times and one of the times I stopped in the right hand lane. When the cops came up to my window I asked if I should have turned onto the street that was a few hundred yards in front of me. He said no, that everything should be okay because he had the marked parked diagnal outwards.

Yea, I can't stand the peeps that just pull over where they are... What ever happened to "get all the way to tjhe right" its like it disapeared or something. But then again, from some of the videos I have seen , the right side aint no happy place either for some officers.

Btw, how you liking the theme blue???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree with you, I have been through Dallas, Ft Worth, TX. There are some creepy places there.

I would assume that you would be fine, but that is just me.

As far as calling 911, I see one problem with that. Who is stopping you?

Is it the City, County, State?

We have our own city dispatch, County has their own, and the state has their own.

911, would have to find out who is on that particular road and stopping a vehicle (or trying). If they say noone, then who you gonna call? Ghost busters... LOL J/K.

Our dispatchers are not the brightes bulb on the tree (some keep the strand lit though). Some of them really need to be fired. I bet if you called our dispatch to explain the situation, they be rude and would tell you that this is not an emergency, and not to tie up "their" line like that. In all reality you made them mad because they now have to "work".

When you see cops on TV, and then watch the dispatchers, they hand pick the best, not the sorry a$$ ones who should be fired.

If you don't feel safe, be ready to explain that to the officer after you get stopped.

I am going to say this so it doesn't come back for a haunting, but there are a few cops (very, very few) that would be extremely rude, and might not let you explain (probably even some of the rookies who are power hungry).

OK, I got off topic...

After the "nice" dispatcher helps you and tells you "no" it isn't one of their officers, then have them transfer you to the county... Yes, they can, but if they're like ours they are lazy and need to be fired. If it is not the county, have them transfer you to the state patrol. If it is not one of theirs... DON'T STOP

msblueline ps... the theme is great... thx
    06-08-09 01:04 AM
    I agree with you, I have been through Dallas, Ft Worth, TX. There are some creepy places there.

I would assume that you would be fine, but that is just me.

As far as calling 911, I see one problem with that. Who is stopping you?

Is it the City, County, State?

We have our own city dispatch, County has their own, and the state has their own.

911, would have to find out who is on that particular road and stopping a vehicle (or trying). If they say noone, then who you gonna call? Ghost busters... LOL J/K.

Our dispatchers are not the brightes bulb on the tree (some keep the strand lit though). Some of them really need to be fired. I bet if you called our dispatch to explain the situation, they be rude and would tell you that this is not an emergency, and not to tie up "their" line like that. In all reality you made them mad because they now have to "work".

When you see cops on TV, and then watch the dispatchers, they hand pick the best, not the sorry a$$ ones who should be fired.

If you don't feel safe, be ready to explain that to the officer after you get stopped.

I am going to say this so it doesn't come back for a haunting, but there are a few cops (very, very few) that would be extremely rude, and might not let you explain (probably even some of the rookies who are power hungry).

OK, I got off topic...

After the "nice" dispatcher helps you and tells you "no" it isn't one of their officers, then have them transfer you to the county... Yes, they can, but if they're like ours they are lazy and need to be fired. If it is not the county, have them transfer you to the state patrol. If it is not one of theirs... DON'T STOP

msblueline ps... the theme is great... thx
    Exactly... I know each city has their own pd out here, tho I don't know how dispatch is handled I never actually called 911. Just the pd main line and talked to them.

I am not surprised at the dispatch tho. Thankfully the cars out here are usually well marked.

I am glad you are liking it... Let me know if you want any mods, be happy to make them. Also have a few more theme out too

06-08-09 01:10 AM
    Nothing... A police officer going off a hunch and asking to search your vehicle. Maybe he thinks there's drugs or guns in the trunk, who knows. So you say no. And he's going to sit there waiting for a warrant. Couldn't you be a pain, and be like "I'm really hungry, I need something to eat, follow me to Mcdonalds or something?" Or is there a way you could get around him getting a warrant to look?
    Just another answer from another location.

If I have that bad of a hunch then, I don't have to wait for a warrant... I will simply take your car with me... Yes, I will tow it!

I will place you under arrest for the infraction that you have commited and tow your car. I will take you to jail and I will have the car taken to the department to await the warrant.

Remember, "any" infraction that you commit you can be arrested for. Could you imagine how full the jail would be if we took everyone to jail for their infractions. That is why we write tickets.

If I believe there are drugs, then I don't need a warrant. I will call for the walking search warrant... K-9! All I need to search your vehicle... is probable cause.

msblueline
    06-08-09 01:26 AM
    Just another answer from another location.

If I have that bad of a hunch then, I don't have to wait for a warrant... I will simply take your car with me... Yes, I will tow it!

I will place you under arrest for the infraction that you have commited and tow your car. I will take you to jail and I will have the car taken to the department to await the warrant.

Remember, "any" infraction that you commit you can be arrested for. Could you imagine how full the jail would be if we took everyone to jail for their infractions. That is why we write tickets.

If I believe there are drugs, then I don't need a warrant. I will call for the walking search warrant... K-9! All I need to search your vehicle... is probable cause.

msblueline
    yeah, as long as a cop has PC, thats all matters. correct? the PD will usually stand behind the cop if there is a mistake made - until they have a lot of false calls under their belt.

good doggie! such a good dogie..... its DINNER TIME!!!! go get 'em pups!!!!

lol sorry just had to k-9 units are some of the best dam dogs out there.
    06-08-09 08:43 AM
    yeah, as long as a cop has PC, thats all matters. correct? the PD will usually stand behind the cop if there is a mistake made - until they have a lot of false calls under their belt.

good doggie! such a good dogie..... its DINNER TIME!!!! go get 'em pups!!!!

lol sorry just had to k-9 units are some of the best dam dogs out there.
    Yes they are...And speaking of K9's...Most agencies use the GSD's or Mals..I've
    Seen recently a Giant Schnauser or however its spelled...And we're probably one of the FEW agencies
    That has a pit bull as a K9...I'll see if I can get a couple pix and post them up...

Good Questions too...Keep 'em Comming!!

06-10-09 02:33 PM
    Yes they are...And speaking of K9's...Most agencies use the GSD's or Mals..I've
    Seen recently a Giant Schnauser or however its spelled...And we're probably one of the FEW agencies
    That has a pit bull as a K9...I'll see if I can get a couple pix and post them up...

Good Questions too...Keep 'em Comming!!

kool...

who do you work with? i commend them for not falling into the "Pittbulls are dangerous" catagory of stupidness. one of my biggest pet peeves, is the fact that it IS NOT the dogs fault that they are "mean" and "dangerous". its all in the breeding and upbringing. people dont seem to grasp this in their little minds and want to wipe of the species because of it. stoopid people.

i will get off my soapbox before i get on it....
    06-10-09 02:43 PM
    Hi!

I'm trying to figure out what this means (read it on court records):

This is on a ongoing pretrial DUI case....

"ORDER GRANTING: D/MTN TO CONTINUE"

Can anyone tell me what it stands for?

P.S It's not me, I do not drink and drive!
    06-11-09 04:27 PM
    oooo I'm glad you mentioned dui

I'm over from the u.k. and this time in the states I'm here for about 6 months so I will have to drive.

in the u.k. the drink drive limit is based on units and the limit is roughly about 2 beers

do you have a limit in the u.s. or by what standard do you have a limit.

I will say I drink two pints then either stop or call a cab and pick up the car the next day
    06-11-09 04:36 PM
    Hi!

I'm trying to figure out what this means (read it on court records):

This is on a ongoing pretrial DUI case....

"ORDER GRANTING: D/MTN TO CONTINUE"

Can anyone tell me what it stands for?

P.S It's not me, I do not drink and drive!

Order Granting: Defendant's motion to continue.
    06-11-09 06:36 PM
    Order Granting: Defendant's motion to continue.
    Thank you so much!
    06-11-09 07:49 PM

I'm over from the u.k. and this time in the states I'm here for about 6 months so I will have to drive.

in the u.k. the drink drive limit is based on units and the limit is roughly about 2 beers

I will say I drink two pints then either stop or call a cab and pick up the car the next day
    DUI laws are now nationwide at .08...Which Kevin will probably explain more once he gets wind of
    My reply LOL

06-15-09 05:58 PM

As Nate stated, I will explain a little more.

The United States DUI Level is .080 (this means that .080 is the start of a DUI/DWI.

Remember this though. Just because one achieves a limit less than the .080 does not mean you cannot be arrested.

Here in Mississippi we have (2) two different types of DUI.

1. Over the limit: Anything .080 and above.

2. Driving while impaired: This means that one could be under the limit, but too impaired to drive OR on medication.

In essence, if you are driving, and you are weaving all over the road and get stopped by the police, they will test you. If you test under .080, they CAN still arrest you for being too impaired to drive.

RECAP

1. Over the limit.

2. Too impaired to drive.

Your BEST bet is to have another driver when you drink or take medication.

I am a DUI Enforcement Officer, and I see way too many deaths that COULD HAVE been prevented, if only they had another driver.

Also, DUI is NOT just alcohol (of course it is drugs too), BUT:

DUI can be going to walmart, buying (and taking) Nyquil (The nighttime sniffling, sneezing coughing, aching, fever, stuffy head so you can rest medicine) Beadryl (with antihistamines), Tylenol PM, or ANY medicine that will cause you to be drowsy. You can be given a prescription for Lortab, Xanax, Vicodin, etc, etc, and be DUI

This is to just name a few.

There are TONS of medicines (Over the Counter -or- Prescription) that will make one DUI.

Just be very careful, read the warnings, and if in doubt... DON'T DRIVE!!!

msblueline
    Last edited by msblueline; 06-15-09 at 06:48 PM.
    06-15-09 06:44 PM
    Very well said LOL! In Colorado, DUI laws are pretty much the same EXCEPT
    We have another thing to add to it...

DWAI, being .05 to .08, Anything from there, its a Driving While Ability Impared

DUI 08. And above, and the agressor charge of DEAC (driving with excessive alcohol content)
    For anything that's .08 and above...

Still results (here anyways) as a trip to the jail and a Bond being set at $1000 dollars...Depending on your criminal history and driving record of course...

Hope that explains it a bit too...

06-15-09 06:50 PM
    That would fall under the too impaired to drive here in Mississippi. We just don't call it DWAI.

The other thing that we do have here, that I did not mention, but we get way too much of, is under age drinking and driving.

Here we have ZERO tolerance for under age drinking and driving.

Someone who is under the age of (21) twenty-one and is driving has a DUI limit of .020 to be charged with a DUI

That means they have to have a level of .019 or less to NOT be charged with a DUI.

If someone is under 21 years old and they get a level of .020 or above, they WILL be charged with a DUI.

I get so many excuses (I am in school, I will lose my scholarship, I will lose my job, etc, etc)... I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU LOSE....

When in the back of my car, that is not the time to think about those things that one will lose.

When one is putting the key in the door to get in the car... That is the time to think about it (If I do this and get stopped, what might I lose?)

I would rather see all those things lost (and I don't care about them) than I would to see someone killed (That, I DO care about).

I hate to sound mean and rude, BUT;

I DO NOT care about your job, school, scholarship, etc, etc.

I DO care if you kill someone. (stepping off my horse/soap box)

DUI is a touchy subject for me. I was hit by a DUI driver last year while I was riding my motorcycle.

msblueline
    06-15-09 07:20 PM
    Diesel, were u ever able to get any pic of the k-9 units? i would love to see them
    06-15-09 11:59 PM
    I will have to agree with MS, I have lead my area in DUI arrest and have received the MADD award for DUI arrest for the past four years. I dont care about your job, Its not my fault and I don't lose any sleep knowing you are in jail for DUI. My job is to keep the public safe and if that means you have to lose your job and family then so be it. I'm not a ****, I just have a job to do and I'm really good at it. Drunks have no place on the road and it's my job to ensure you stay off of it.
    06-16-09 12:19 PM
    Force me to blow??? Waterboarding? Pulling my fingernails out?
    Blood test here in Dallas...
    06-16-09 11:56 PM
    Cop Food...LOL! I Dont actucally Eat Donut's...Never was very fond of them LOL!
    This is funny cuz my wife works for the police dept. in Scottsdale Az. and she said they don't eat donuts, they eat bagels instead
    06-17-09 05:04 AM
    This is funny cuz my wife works for the police dept. in Scottsdale Az. and she said they don't eat donuts, they eat bagels instead
    I bet they never heard of a bagel hole. LOL!

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I tell you what though, I would take a bagel with cream cheese over a donut any day.

Now I am hungry for a bagel...

msblueline

06-17-09 05:30 AM
    I think what you mean by Expressed Consent is that by driving on a public road, I know and agree to the laws that govern them. Still can't make me blow, though. lol. Any lawyers out there?
    You are exactly correct... I cannot force you to blow, that is your choice.

By meaning a lesser charge... NOPE!!

We have no such animal here in Mississippi.

If you get a DUI, then it IS a DUI.

The way you make your statement makes it sound like you drink and drive a lot. (hope you do not though)

I just hope you do NOT kill anyone.

If you do, you will not be forced to blow... You will be handcuffed and taken to the closest hospital and have blood drawn.

Any accident with critical injuries requires blood work here.

I have NO problem with driving to the judges house and waking her/him up.

Again, you do NOT have to blow, but by doing so, there are consequences.

If you have ever been charged with DUI before, you lose your license for (1) one year, just for saying... NO!

If it is your first time (MADD in Mississippi is trying to change this one) you lose your license for 90 days just for saying NO!

So, if you go to court, after you refused to blow, and you WIN the trial... You STILL LOSE your license for the set amount of time, just for saying... NO!

Any questions?

msblueline

Last edited by msblueline; 06-17-09 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Fixed errors after accidentally deleting a portion of the thread.
    06-17-09 06:12 AM
    The UK limit is 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, or 80 milligrams in 100ml of blood. This is the same as the US limit, except they use different units to describe it.

The so-called unit of alcohol for measuring consumption is useless for deciding if you are legal to drive. Note what msblueline says and heed his advice or you may get a free ride in a cop car.
    06-20-09 05:27 AM
    So...Did this thread ultimately take a dive, or did everyone run out of questions??

07-07-09 09:03 AM
    noooooo, i think they all had the pleasure of getting arrested over the 4th =D
    07-07-09 09:06 AM
    Ha ha!! I'm suprised...But even in our small County...We didn't have that many arrested...3 or 4 but I'm not 100% sure

07-07-09 09:08 AM
    However, If I were to contact you, and you didn't mention that you had your weapon
    Either on your persons or in the vehicle, and I happened to see it...I'd be pissed!

While you do have your right to carry concealed...last I checked, Law Enforcement can revoke
    That privledge at any time...

Bad practice...if you carry, then say it if you get contacted by an officer

ya it might be bad practice but its my right to not have to tell you if i have a weapon unless of course you asked or i was being put under arrest and nor do i have to let you search my vehicle with out a search warrant and i dont have to tell you anything with out my lawyer present
    07-07-09 10:49 AM
997 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD