View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    That's good, they don't have a class you have to take here for a CCW, just apply and wait a couple of months. If you're legal, then you'll get it. Here is Mississippi, btw.

But the classes aren't bad, I know folks in TN that had to take I believe an 8hr class. Like 6 in the classroom and 2 in shooting range. It teaches a lot of common sense stuff, good for everyone really. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:39 PM
    I've got two questions you would be good at answering.

1. I have a 05 Duramax that is chipped and modded, I recently wired in a smoke switch that will dump fuel into the engine and roll coal like a freight train, I can bury a hybrid in a cloud of black smoke. Would this be considered illegal??

2. I keep a 9mm Ruger in my truck, it is kept under the rear seat, in it's case, unloaded, but both magazines are fully loaded. Is this ok? Will I get in trouble for it being there? I have heard I should tell any cop that is pulling me over that it is there to show I'm not trying to hide it. Any suggestions??
    1. In Virginia you could and would be charged with "Evading an emissions control device", Dont be a **** man.. thats not cool. If I knew that is what you where doing I'd be sure to look a little harder to find more violations.

2. Yes, It is considered a concealed weapon, loaded or not. If it is under your seat you are trying to hide it and will be charged with such. My suggestion is get a CCW. Problem solved.

FWIW, I have a CCW and carry a pistol when I legally can. When/if I get pulled over I will not openly tell the officer that I am carrying. If he doesn't ask, I won't volunteer the info.
    I won't show my CCW I'd, unless he/she asks for it.
    And, unless that's your state law (keeping the weapon in a case unloaded) that reeks. An unloaded weapon is useless. Condition One, everyday, all day. Get a permit for that thing and carry! Exercise your 2nd Amendment rights.
    Wow... I commonly run across people with your attitude. "PSSTT.. I've got a CCW and I dont legally have to tell the cop I've got a gun" My question is why!!!??? Let me throw this out at you:

I happen to stop you for speeding. You have got a CCW and gun under the back seat. You have decided that you are not going to tell me that you have a gun in the car because legally you are not obligated to. As I approach the car I begin talking to you and notice the **** of the pistol sticking out from under the seat. I draw my weapon and point it in your face, I remove you from the car and place you in handcuffs and detain you. You now must sit outside of your car while everyone drives by laughing at you while I go in and retrieve your pistol to secure it. All of this could have very very easily been avoided if only you had said, "Here is my license and registration and I have a gun in the car, I have a CCW". My reaction would have been ok... where is the gun and may I see your permit. Is all of that really worth it?

If you have a gun in the car, the first words out of your mouth if you get stopped should be. Officer I just want to let you know I have a gun in the car. I have a permit.

You all decided if its worth it.
    05-28-09 02:05 PM
    I have a question...

Why won�t any department hire me? I have been applying to departments for years and pass every written exam but once I reach the background part, I get turned down because years back when I was 15 (I am now 25 soon to be 26), I was arrested for receiving stolen property. It was a dumb mistake and I was young and stupid. I have since been a BOY SCOUT and have never been in trouble with the law since. With the occasional parking ticket, I am squeaky clean.

I have excellent references and job history and I just don�t understand why I keep getting denied. This is my DREAM JOB!
    05-28-09 08:50 PM
    Okay question here

I picked up some of my friends that go to a different school and took them out for lunch, my windows are not tinted and they obviously had their uniforms on. Just as they get in the car and I start going to the restaurant a cop car starts following me keeps on doing it for a while, probably running my plates. This goes on for about 10 minutes until I go through a drive-thru to get some coffee, and they pull me over right after I pay. They then searched me, and started questioning me about why I was there, keep in mind my school is only 10 minutes away. When I asked them why they pulled me over they didn't respond and just let me go. Is it considered trespassing or something?

05-29-09 12:26 AM
    Well, I don't volunteer that info because I've done that before and was STILL told to get out and put my hands behind my back. Besides, with me, it won't be under a seat. It will be on my hip at all times. There's nothing in my day the requires me to take it off. I do know friends that are LEOs and some disagree and some agree with my approach. Out of sight, out of mind. If the Officer ask, then yes I will tell that I am CCW'ing and where it's at. All the while with my hands in plain sight on the steering wheel. In my experience most LEOs are cool if you act calm, but some act like total duchebags right off the bat.

05-29-09 08:37 AM
    Okay...Time for my Two Cents!

I've been out riding with a couple different agencies where we've come across people that have a weapon, or have their CCW...everytime we run a license (at least here in Colorado, but I'm sure its pretty well world wide, except for the UK) Our information that we get back from NCIC/CCIC will tell us that the driver has the permit...

Secondly, For those that do have it, some officers will ask you to exit the vehicle and will pat you down for officer safety which is totally acceptable in our buisness, some will ask if the weapon is on your persons and ask that your hands remain in view during the stop...It really depends on the officer...

Personally, I don't deal with this problem since I'm assigned to the Jail,eventhough I'm a state certified officer....However we occasionally do get one that comes up to our courthouse...That's a completely different story!

Best choice of action, IF you find yourself in this situation if you get stopped us to immediately roll down your window, place your hands outside the vehicle, and advise the officer who's contacting you that you have a CCW, and your weapon is on your persons...Then when asked for your documents, present your CCW with everything...

Hope that helps
    Nate

05-29-09 09:56 AM
    I know the info comes up when they run my drivers license, no biggie. Some have even said 'I know you're prolly CCW'ing, but I don't have a reason to check you, your record is reasonable, have a nice day. You're good to go'.

Not that I get pulled over a lot (5 times in 11 years) but it isn't a biggie to me, I just disclosed what I now do in those situations.

I'm not being disrespectful by any means, but I've seen officers act completely out of line when someone starts out with, 'I have a CCW and am currently carring on my right hip. Along with a pocket knife in my left pocket.'. Things seem to go from cool to crappola hits the fan in literally 10 seconds.

If someones being shady about the situation the LEO will usually ask you to step out, if you're cool and calm they tend to just casually talk to you and let it go.

05-29-09 10:13 AM
    Alright. I've got a question. My girlfriend's mother is a complete nutcase. She wants to transfer guardianship over to her grandma, but her mother is hostile towards her about it. Is it illegal for me, her boyfriend (I'm 19) to house her somewhere safe while her grandma tries to get it to go through. I rent out apartment and work most the day so I can provide safe and comfortable housing for her, if that makes a difference. Please, I need to know because she's my life.
    06-01-09 09:57 PM
    Alright. I've got a question. My girlfriend's mother is a complete nutcase. She wants to transfer guardianship over to her grandma, but her mother is hostile towards her about it. Is it illegal for me, her boyfriend (I'm 19) to house her somewhere safe while her grandma tries to get it to go through. I rent out apartment and work most the day so I can provide safe and comfortable housing for her, if that makes a difference. Please, I need to know because she's my.
    My life.* sorry about that.
    If you don't mind my asking, is you girlfriend a minor?

Reason for my question is that you are talking about custody, and usually custody falls under a civil matter and law enforcement doesn't get involved with civil matters.

What your question does talk about and hinder on is the possibility of kidnapping. I am not saying that you are kidnapping, because it is not against her will. What you are doing is hiding her from her family for her safety. That is what the law enforcement is for, as long as they know what is going on.

If her family chose too, they could file charges on you for taking her.

Your best bet is to check with your local law enforcement agency and see what route you can take in the matter.

If she is 18 or older then there is no custody worries, she would be an adult.

Be careful on advice taken from officers in different jurisdictions, as stated before, their laws could be different. You cannot use the excuse that you were advised on what to do...

WE CANNOT GIVE LEGAL ADVISE

Other than to tell you to seek it form your local area, even seek out an attorney and see what they think is best.

msblueline

Last edited by msbluelline; 06-01-09 at 10:28 PM.
    06-01-09 10:23 PM
    Thanks MSBlueline.
    06-01-09 10:27 PM
    if i was carrying a CCW in my car i wouldnt tell a officer it was in there unless they asked because you dont have to tell them. just as if i got pulled over i wouldnt let the officer know i have knives all over my car unless he asked and i would never let a cop search my car for any reason.
    06-02-09 08:53 AM
    Ok, say you get pulled over and you don't have your driver's license on you, but it is valid, maybe just forgot it or lost it�could you get a ticket for that? I'm asking this because I've heard numerous responses to what actions would be taken in this case. Not to mention, I did get pulled over forgetting my license at home, but the cop let me go after checking my info. Yay!

06-02-09 05:39 PM
    Ok, say you get pulled over and you don't have your driver's license on you, but it is valid, maybe just forgot it or lost it…could you get a ticket for that? I'm asking this because I've heard numerous responses to what actions would be taken in this case. Not to mention, I did get pulled over forgetting my license at home, but the cop let me go after checking my info. Yay!

Yes, here its called "Failure to display drivers license".

06-02-09 08:28 PM
    See, that's what I figured. =)~ Guess I had one of the rare 'nice' and 'understanding' cops. It wasn't the first time I got away from getting a ticket. HA!

06-02-09 08:36 PM
    See, that's what I figured. =)~ Guess I had one of the rare 'nice' and 'understanding' cops. It wasn't the first time I got away from getting a ticket. HA!

I can't remember the last time I wrote that ticket. That's more like a POP (pissed off the police) citation. Lol

06-02-09 08:41 PM
    how much power does a pba/fop card have these days?
    06-02-09 10:29 PM
    how much power does a pba/fop card have these days?
    As far as I'm concerned, None. To be honest, I'm rather offended that someone would actually offered one of those cards to me. There is no such thing as a "get out of jail free" card.
    06-05-09 12:16 AM
    I have no problem with cops, bravo for what u do. *EXCEPT * the cops in Hawaii... most crooked *** cops i've ever seen. Only place i know of that u get pulled over for driving while white....
    06-05-09 03:41 AM
    Well, sorry for the late entry into the thread here. Busy Saturday you know. So here we go.....

Is it true you have a quota?
    Acutally quotas have been ruled illegal. Writing tickets is a portion of most officer's evaluation. It's just like any other job, i.e. how many cars did a salesman sell each month, how many apprehensions did a loss prevention person have each month. There are performance standards. We can't go in and do nothing for our entire shift. Then what would the taxpayers say!?

If you ask a cop how fast you were going do they have to give you a ticket?
    During my contact on traffic stops, I inform the driver how fast I checked them on radar. I've got nothing to hide during my stop. Your attitude, past driving record, road conditions, and many things make my decision on whether or not you get a ticket.

Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?
    I've never heard this one before. Maybe that's a new gas saver policy? I'd rather leave my car running so if I have to get going that's one less thing I have to worry about.

And how long can you follow a car(s) before you're supposed to leave us alone?
    I guess I can follow a car until either you or I run out of gas.

If you the cop is being followed by a car what's procedure on this?
    If you have that much time to follow me around, we are hiring.
    I'll take a job!! SouthWest Ohio area would be good!

Also if I am interested in joining LE how would I go about getting a job like that paying little or no money? (if possible)
    Thanks!
    06-05-09 11:15 AM
    LOL are you saying you want to become a cop Boggle??

06-05-09 09:57 PM
    if i was carrying a CCW in my car i wouldnt tell a officer it was in there unless they asked because you dont have to tell them. just as if i got pulled over i wouldnt let the officer know i have knives all over my car unless he asked and i would never let a cop search my car for any reason.
    However, If I were to contact you, and you didn't mention that you had your weapon
    Either on your persons or in the vehicle, and I happened to see it...I'd be pissed!

While you do have your right to carry concealed...last I checked, Law Enforcement can revoke
    That privledge at any time...

Bad practice...if you carry, then say it if you get contacted by an officer

06-05-09 10:03 PM
    I have hidden audio/video recording equipment in my car, if I'm stopped, is illegal in anyway if I don't tell you you're being recorded as far as you know?
    06-05-09 10:04 PM
    I have hidden audio/video recording equipment in my car, if I'm stopped, is illegal in anyway if I don't tell you you're being recorded as far as you know?
    That's touchy...could pull to a violation of privacy...But I have to ask...Why is it in your car in the first place?
    No offense, but that's the first time I've ever come across someone saying that they record people in their POV

06-05-09 10:06 PM
    Yea, that's what I'm saying diesel whyd I get the lol? I've been thinking about it seriously for a while now.

06-05-09 10:10 PM
    Yea, that's what I'm saying diesel whyd I get the lol? I've been thinking about it seriously for a while now.

No offense intended, I got a kick out of your last sentance about doing a job and the pay...
    I would say a lot of it depends on your state, background and so forth...Ya can add me to your BBM if ya have
    Any questions too... pin:20de4bab
    Nate

06-05-09 10:15 PM
997 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD