View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    If you saw a kid riding a dirt bike safely on a side road, would you let him go? If you did stop him, what you he have to say to have you let him go?
    05-17-09 11:35 PM
    MONTANA STATE TROOPER

In most of the United States there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when temperatures drop to single digits or below. About 3 AM on very cold morning, Montana State Trooper Allan Nixon #568 responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Great Falls, Montana. He located the car, stuck in deep snow and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the trooper walked to the driver's door to find and older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him. The driver came awake when the trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the state trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gear shift into 'drive' and hit the gas.

The car's speedometer was showing 20- 30- 40- and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning. Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car. The driver was totally freaked, thinking the trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the trooper yelled, "PULL OVER!"

The man nodded, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needles to say, the man from North Dakota was arrested and is probably still shaking his head over the state trooper in Montana who could run 50 mph.
    05-18-09 06:22 AM
    MONTANA STATE TROOPER

In most of the United States there is a policy of checking on any stalled vehicle on the highway when temperatures drop to single digits or below. About 3 AM on very cold morning, Montana State Trooper Allan Nixon #568 responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road outside Great Falls, Montana. He located the car, stuck in deep snow and with the engine still running. Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the trooper walked to the driver's door to find and older man passed out behind the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him. The driver came awake when the trooper tapped on the window. Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the state trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the gear shift into 'drive' and hit the gas.

The car's speedometer was showing 20- 30- 40- and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the snow, wheels spinning. Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next to the speeding (but stationary) car. The driver was totally freaked, thinking the trooper was actually keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the trooper yelled, "PULL OVER!"

The man nodded, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needles to say, the man from North Dakota was arrested and is probably still shaking his head over the state trooper in Montana who could run 50 mph.

Is that a real story?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 07:16 AM
    I dunno, but it could be..

Police Officers have a tendancy to see the most amazing and unbelievable things.
    05-18-09 08:25 AM
    I dunno, but it could be..

Police Officers have a tendancy to see the most amazing and unbelievable things.
    Yes, that's true.

05-18-09 08:27 AM
    lmao so funny, probably not true but still funny!
    05-18-09 12:44 PM
    Ok so you are at the scene of a traffic accident, you determine fault, cite the driver for the what ever it is that caused the accident, following too close, or FTYROW, etc, etc. and you also issue a NO INSURANCE Ticket.

Now comes the question, why do you the officer half the time not show up to court and the defendant feels they are not at fault for the accident because it was thrown out in court because you didn't show? (I mean think about it, it is affecting your personal life by making your insurance rates go up)

I only ask because I do subrogation work for a firm that rep's several large insurance companies and have to deal with these defendants all freakin' day long.
    05-18-09 09:43 PM
    Ok so you are at the scene of a traffic accident, you determine fault, cite the driver for the what ever it is that caused the accident, following too close, or FTYROW, etc, etc. and you also issue a NO INSURANCE Ticket.

Now comes the question, why do you the officer half the time not show up to court and the defendant feels they are not at fault for the accident because it was thrown out in court because you didn't show? (I mean think about it, it is affecting your personal life by making your insurance rates go up)

I only ask because I do subrogation work for a firm that rep's several large insurance companies and have to deal with these defendants all freakin' day long.
    I have no clue what you are talking about.... In Virginia, I am required to come to court on every ticket I write. I dont show up, I get in BIG Trouble.
    05-18-09 11:11 PM

Because the offender can either post bond on the citation or show up for court on the date listed on the citation and try to fight it. The court does not know what the offender is going to do, so they don't have time to issue a subpoena to the officer. If state troopers, who literally issue 100's of citations in a week had to show up to court for all of them, they would be working 24/7. There aren't enough cops in the world to handle that kind of workload.
    05-19-09 12:27 PM
    no clue what I am talking about? I have to call traffic courts alot to find out the outcome of traffic citations, and i would say 80% of the ones are dismissed in court are because the officer did not show up to court. And that is all across the country.

As for gotnoteeth's comment, I know where I live there is a whole day that the officer is assigned to be in court, and when he rights a ticket out in the field, he has the court date assigned accordingly.... are you saying not all Agencies do something like that?
    05-19-09 08:26 PM
    If you saw a kid riding a dirt bike safely on a side road, would you let him go? If you did stop him, what you he have to say to have you let him go?
    Well based on experience in a previous life it will depend on the offences found. Start thinking about the possible options

Unregistered bike?
    Around here a good proportion of dirt bikes used by kids on roads have been stolen.
    Is the bike safe and legal on the road? Do the brakes even work?
    Kid? You mean under age driver without a license?
    And on a road without insurance.
    If the side road is in town is this a danger or nuisance to other people?
    Or is it out if town so how did the bike get there? Along a not-so-side road, or on a trailer so the cop can look at the adult who may be allowing the kid to commit other offenses.

I think you get the idea. What looks like harmless fun can lead a smart cop to a lot of interesting things on a quiet day.

05-21-09 07:40 AM
    Actucally...I dislike "power rings" a lot...There are some places that will give police officers free coffee and doughnuts, But that touches an ethical boundary...I look at that as a gratuity...And Won't take it for any reason...Some will some won't...Just depends on the officer...

Now, If there is a donation jar or something...Or a tips jar, and they offer up free food, or food at a discounted price...I'll often leave the total cost of the food as a tip or in that jar...I think that goes for most police officers...IMHO
    Thats the best answer I've heard yet and....yes, I absolutely agree. IMO, offering "freebies" is the establishment's way of gaining more security (or bribing officers to stick around). Technically, I don't really see anything wrong with offering free food, but you don't see the establishments offering free donuts and coffee to electricians, or locksmiths. I don't know...It has a hint of suggestion that police officers are more important than everyone else.
    05-21-09 11:52 AM
    I'm only 16. We recently drove down to Virginia which was a 9 hour ride, and I only have my permit. The law in my state, CT, says that with a permit, only 1 other person can be in the car when you drive. What happens if I get pulled over with my grandma in the car? My mom has a problem with one of her legs, and my grandma is a little too old to drive. Would I get a ticket, arrested, what?
    05-22-09 12:57 AM
    PwnCakes- as long as the driver is over 18, You should be fine...But that's Colorado law...

05-22-09 01:53 PM
    Thats the best answer I've heard yet and....yes, I absolutely agree. IMO, offering "freebies" is the establishment's way of gaining more security (or bribing officers to stick around). Technically, I don't really see anything wrong with offering free food, but you don't see the establishments offering free donuts and coffee to electricians, or locksmiths. I don't know...It has a hint of suggestion that police officers are more important than everyone else.
    True, and thanks...Its not so much as them offering is free food...Its like the store owner EXPECTING that we'll hang around their establishment if they give us something free...

Personally...I won't take any sort of discount just because I'm a cop...Doesn't matter if I only have a penny left in my pockets, Its just a ground I don't cross...Some do, Some don't...Totally depends on the officer

05-22-09 01:58 PM
    Smith & Wesson 5906TSW. I bought it at a good price when I went through the academy.

Federal 115gr JHP

Yes. I think it is always best to be prepared for whatever you may face.
    I haven't seen anyone carry the 5906 since my academy LOL! Awesome weapon, can't beat an S&W! The TSW is wicked! Almost bought the 4006TSW before I settled on my M&P 40

05-22-09 02:03 PM
    True, and thanks...Its not so much as them offering is free food...Its like the store owner EXPECTING that we'll hang around their establishment if they give us something free...

Personally...I won't take any sort of discount just because I'm a cop...Doesn't matter if I only have a penny left in my pockets, Its just a ground I don't cross...Some do, Some don't...Totally depends on the officer
    Your a good dude Diesel.
    05-22-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks again...Truthfully honest, I don't care much for the cops that EXPECT to get discounts or free stuff just because they're cops...

I have to correct my previous though...There is ONE time I can remember getting a "LEO" discount...That was when I bought my pistol....

pin:24b5ef87
    Nate

05-22-09 02:51 PM
    There is ONE time I can remember getting a "LEO" discount...That was when I bought my pistol....
    Now that was a discount negotiated or offered to a potential regular customer, with presumably nothing to gain except returning trade. Accepting the offer of coffee during a business visit you have to make can also be acceptable. Calling simply to scrounge freebies is a whole different problem.
    05-23-09 11:37 AM
    It was a discount given by the S&W factory to LEO's that bought the M&P series pistol...No trade, was basically 40% off the total price...

I'll disagree with you on the Coffee subject Paul, Even during a business visit, to me...Its unethical to accept it for free regardless of the circumstances behind the offer...be it scrounging or taking, to me...Totally different ball game..

It sounds hypocritical because I took the discount on a 470 dollar pistol, That however...I had no choice in as the shop where I buy my guns knows that I'm a police officer, and has my department ID on file...And they know me quite well from previous years and many MANY firearm sales
    Nate

05-23-09 12:16 PM
    You'll notice I said *may* be acceptable. If a cop comes to my office to take a report of crime or collect witness evidence, and we drink coffee while we talk I don't consider that unacceptable - nor will I be offended if it is declined. It's part of the social contact which goes around business... and there's no way I'm delaying my coffee break until he's finished. Every occasion is different, and the smart officer soon learns to discriminate.
    05-26-09 08:19 AM
    Hey guys,

I've got a question. Just got my license (G2) on March 31st. Within 4 weeks, I had been pulled over 9 times! What gives?:P
    One was because I pulled over to answer my phone, I apparently pulled over into a "rub and tug" area. That was the first time I was pulled over. I didn't know where my paperwork was so I allowed the officer to search through my car, an officer driving by noticed I was pulled over and flipped the lights on and blinded us with the spot light, the officer dealing with us was not impressed with him. 40 minutes later we had three officers searching my car trying to find the paper. haha. O well. Turned out I didn't have it, my mom had it in her purse
    I've been pulled over for driving a company truck, I had two officers approach each side with guns drawn and pointed. No reason (I looked "out of place" even though I was wearing company uniform).
    Everything else is just pulling me over and asking how I'm going, checking paperwork.
    Is it possible my cars been flagged?
    05-26-09 10:37 PM
    I've got two questions you would be good at answering.

1. I have a 05 Duramax that is chipped and modded, I recently wired in a smoke switch that will dump fuel into the engine and roll coal like a freight train, I can bury a hybrid in a cloud of black smoke. Would this be considered illegal??

2. I keep a 9mm Ruger in my truck, it is kept under the rear seat, in it's case, unloaded, but both magazines are fully loaded. Is this ok? Will I get in trouble for it being there? I have heard I should tell any cop that is pulling me over that it is there to show I'm not trying to hide it. Any suggestions??
    05-27-09 01:14 PM
    FWIW, I have a CCW and carry a pistol when I legally can. When/if I get pulled over I will not openly tell the officer that I am carrying. If he doesn't ask, I won't volunteer the info.
    I won't show my CCW I'd, unless he/she asks for it.
    And, unless that's your state law (keeping the weapon in a case unloaded) that reeks. An unloaded weapon is useless. Condition One, everyday, all day. Get a permit for that thing and carry! Exercise your 2nd Amendment rights.

05-28-09 12:50 PM
    FWIW, I have a CCW and carry a pistol when I legally can. When/if I get pulled over I will not openly tell the officer that I am carrying. If he doesn't ask, I won't volunteer the info.
    I won't show my CCW I'd, unless he/she asks for it.
    And, unless that's your state law (keeping the weapon in a case unloaded) that reeks. An unloaded weapon is useless. Condition One, everyday, all day. Get a permit for that thing and carry! Exercise your 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm working on getting a CCW, there is just such a large backlog of people wanting one that you have to wait months to take the class. Once I have my CCW I'll keep it in my center console with 1 in the pipe.
    05-28-09 12:54 PM
997 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD