View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    You bet! I've seen guys wash out of my jail after 3 or 4 hours being inside...last one I remember left after 2...Couldnt handle being confined inside a building for 12 hours was what he told my Commander
    Wow... Kinda makes me wonder what they thought they were getting into!
    05-11-09 09:12 PM
    "Because they should"... Riiiiiiiiight doc. Apparently something still exists that has been around for a very long time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't want to get this thread too far off topic, but it's 2009. Browns outnumber all others in the USA... deal with it.

There is no such thing as NOT SEEING race, and insisting that OTHERS should be color blind while one decries racial inequality IS racism.

Besides, the nice officers already said that racial profiling is illegal. I was merely trying to say that using race as a descriptor is not and never has been racial profiling.
    05-11-09 11:55 PM
    Good clarification to your previous post. There's a difference between profiling and physical description of an individual.
    05-12-09 09:33 AM
    I don't want to get this thread too far off topic, but it's 2009. Browns outnumber all others in the USA... deal with it.

There is no such thing as NOT SEEING race, and insisting that OTHERS should be color blind while one decries racial inequality IS racism.

Besides, the nice officers already said that racial profiling is illegal. I was merely trying to say that using race as a descriptor is not and never has been racial profiling.
    I get what your trying to say. There's a reason I asked that question and your answer of 'a descriptor' makes sense but doesn't answer my question. I reside in an area where if you're of a certain race then the police are quick to pull you over and question you. That's what I call racial profiling and what the friendly police on this thread are referring to. Basically, if you fit
    the bill in my neck of the woods in any way shape or form, you're terrified of cops because they will always find some reason you're not in compliance.

05-12-09 10:11 AM
    Ok now that we have that out of the way, I apologize for co-opting the thread.

So... let's ask the cops.

1. What kind of sidearm do YOU use? 9mm, 40, 45? Why? Was it issued, or did you choose your own?

2. And what type of ammunition do you use?

3. And lastly, do you think all cops should have assault weapons available in the squad car?

Near where I live, a celebrity donated enough money to buy about 100 AR-15 style rifles for the local law enforcement agencies.

Any thoughts?
    05-12-09 10:58 AM
    hey doc just curious where ur from. I think that here in the boise area having the officers packin ar-15s might be a little over kill, however i could see an area w a high VIOLENT crime rate needing these type of arms. who was the celebrity too? lol they worried about the crime that much where ur from?
    05-12-09 11:43 AM
    Phoenix. As in, kidknapping capitol of the USA I hear.
    05-12-09 07:33 PM
    I carry the M&P 40, Agency standard issue is a Glock 22C, For the patrol guys anyways...Certified in the jail, we carry what we have...Although...Last rumor said all the certified officers were supposed to be issued the Glock, but I've not seen it yet...

Our patrol vehicles have M-16's and 870's....Most definately that they should be available in our patrol cars...

Then, if you bounce over to our tactical team...They're issued DPMS kitty Kats Those are fun!

Answer your question?

05-12-09 07:57 PM
    So i searched this thread and didn't find anything.. so hopefully this hasn't been asked before.

I've been under the assumption that most police officers drive alone because the dept. cant afford to put two officers per car and have enough people spread out at one time (or something along these lines).

Is this true, or is it just more practical to have only one officer per car? Do you prefer to ride solo or would you rather have a partner if you could?

Thanks
    05-12-09 08:36 PM
    That depends on the Department...Our guys only ride double if one is training the other...

Honestly, If I had the option to have a partner...I'd probably go for it...Always nice to have an extra body!

05-12-09 08:38 PM
    Ok now that we have that out of the way, I apologize for co-opting the thread.

So... let's ask the cops.

1. What kind of sidearm do YOU use? 9mm, 40, 45? Why? Was it issued, or did you choose your own?

3. And lastly, do you think all cops should have assault weapons available in the squad car?

Near where I live, a celebrity donated enough money to buy about 100 AR-15 style rifles for the local law enforcement agencies.

Any thoughts?
    Only the best my friend..

Sig P229R DAK .357 / Remington 870 / Colt M4 chambered in .223

CCI Speer Gold Dots

Yes I do believe all L.E.O should have access to assault weapons in their cars and I can sum it up in three words:

HOLLYWOOD BANK ROBBERY
    05-12-09 09:36 PM
    Only the best my friend..

Sig P229R DAK .357 / Remington 870 / Colt M4 chambered in .223

CCI Speer Gold Dots

Yes I do believe all L.E.O should have access to assault weapons in their cars and I can sum it up in three words:

HOLLYWOOD BANK ROBBERY
    Isn't the Hollywood Bank Robbery the robbery that was an "urban combat"-style shootout?

05-12-09 10:30 PM
    I believe that is the incident in question. The forces of law and order took unacceptable casualties while facing criminals with assault weapons.

Besides, there are some occasions when it is desirable to deliver the good news from beyond accurate handgun range. No cop should face unnecessary risk of injury or death because the bad guys are better equipped.
    05-14-09 04:28 PM
    here's a good question; What can be done about a neighbours' noisy barking dog that is left outside all day and barks at everything and everyone?
    05-15-09 12:32 PM
    a nice bowl of anti-freeze

kidding, of course. My neighbors dog does this all the time too.
    05-15-09 05:34 PM
    a nice bowl of anti-freeze

kidding, of course. My neighbors dog does this all the time too.
    LOL I wish, I'm really tempted to get the paint ball gun out and shoot some ice balls at it until it shuts up!
    05-15-09 09:50 PM
    Such nice people on here... You know PETA would probably come burn your houses down right?
    05-15-09 11:45 PM
    I've asked this before to someone else, but was wanting a different take on it. I have anxiety problems and I freak out when I get pulled over (don't ask me why im not on drugs, nor never done them) it just makes me nervous and because all the cops around here usually are not very nice. My mom has really bad anxiety problems so I assume I got some of it from her. Should I tell them why my hands are shaking like crazy? Should I just say I have anxiety problems or what? I dont like getting the rude treatment and asking if im on drugs.
    05-16-09 02:52 AM
    How often do you get pulled over that this is something that really bothers you?

05-16-09 03:00 AM
    How often do you get pulled over that this is something that really bothers you?

I've only been pulled over a few times I dont know just makes me really nervous and my hands/legs shake.
    05-16-09 03:12 AM
    Well that certainly seems like a normal reaction especially with the cost of tickets and insurance.
    I am willing to say if you are shaking that bad and the cop asks if your on drugs that's not rude
    He is suppose to ask questions like that....at that point you give your answer about being a generally
    Nervous person and then....you move on to the matter at hand.

05-16-09 03:35 AM
    Well that certainly seems like a normal reaction especially with the cost of tickets and insurance.
    I am willing to say if you are shaking that bad and the cop asks if your on drugs that's not rude
    He is suppose to ask questions like that....at that point you give your answer about being a generally
    Nervous person and then....you move on to the matter at hand.

Just the way he said it to me he didn't give me a chance to explain anything... Thanks for answering.
    05-16-09 03:41 AM
    Imo cops don't like too much talking they want to get in and get out.....
    your best answers yes sir.....no sir.....sorry bout that or...... If you have the guts try and make
    Them laugh I've seen that work a time or two..

05-16-09 03:47 AM
    Imo cops don't like too much talking they want to get in and get out.....
    your best answers yes sir.....no sir.....sorry bout that or...... If you have the guts try and make
    Them laugh I've seen that work a time or two..

Yeah the town where the cop asked me that they are all rude and give everyone tickets so no biggie jw if I was to get pulled over if I just needed to tell them or what.
    05-16-09 03:53 AM
    Smith & Wesson 5906TSW. I bought it at a good price when I went through the academy.
    Federal 115gr JHP
    Yes. I think it is always best to be prepared for whatever you may face.
    05-16-09 07:22 PM
997 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD