View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Now ain't this a Hoot..

I have Jury Duty tonight for the local Municipal/Magistrates Court. The nighttime was usually held for traffic court and a Jury trial is probably a DUI.
    After having been a Officer for 14yrs and a BA Operator for 12 of those 14 yrs,
    Don't you think I will be a little biased...
    I tried to tell them, but oh well. they wil have to learn at my expense.
    They're gonna learn from their mistake. lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 03:06 PM
    was my queston considered 'immature'? no one has answered me yet
    05-05-09 05:32 PM
    Why do they call you guys 'One-Time'?
    Personally, I haven't heard that.

05-05-09 05:51 PM
    We'll leave this one open for discussion, and see how many of you ACTUCALLY want to ask a Cop a Question!

WHILE there are many of you on here that really dont care for Police, sometimes...People have questions, and That's what We'll leave this one up to..

Please Note Though, We WILL NOT run you through NCIC/CCIC to see if you have any Warrants out for your arrest, We WILL NOT run your Friends...And Certainly WILL NOT Provide you with ANY SORT of legal Advice...

Ask Anything you'd Like, Post your Oppinion about Police here if you feel the Need to, Regardless...There's Plenty of Police Officers (including myself) That will answer any questions presented...Within Reason of course!

Be Safe, And Ask Away!
    Why do our tax dollars pay for cops to arrest people for commiting non-violent,victimless crimes? How is it a crime for a grown man to decide he likes smokin reefer in the privacy of his own home? Why is it illegal to grow marijuana but its ok for the pharmaceutical companies to stuff billions of lethal pills down peoples throats every year? What compels a person to become a cop? Low self-esteem? *********? Know what I think? **** the law. We need anarchy. Smoke weed every day

Last edited by Branta; 05-07-09 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Offensive
    05-05-09 06:16 PM
    Don't be hatin' on the cops about pot. Use your effin brain, you know it's illegal regardless of whether you agree with it. It's not a cop's job to make the law, it's the cop's job to ENFORCE it.
    If you are so hardcore about pot, move to Humboldt.
    05-05-09 08:02 PM
    wow @ ghost! ok thank you CJ
    05-05-09 08:51 PM
    Why do our tax dollars pay for cops to arrest people for commiting non-violent,victimless crimes?
    You know, you do have a point.....why is the max for telephone misuse higher then one of the possession charges?
    Can someone legally define "telephone misuse?". The word misuse to me could mean throwing your phone down a flight of stairs.....not being a *****, just curious.

05-05-09 10:24 PM
    I see the answers are a little slow, but I have some more questions I hope will get answered.

I just bought a car and found some drug paraphernalia in it.
    1. Do I need to report this?
    2. Let me ask a scenario: If I didn't find the paraphernalia myself and I was pulled over and searched for whatever reason, and the LEO finds it, and I object to it being mine on the grounds that I just purchased this vehicle used and never seen these items before, does the LEO automatically assume I'm lying or is there a chance that he would believe me and not be required to process charges on me?

Please don't answer "don't act foolish and you won't have a problem". I'm asking this question to see how a LEO would react. I know acting foolish is foolish. If you can please just answer the question I'm asking. Thank you.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 05-07-09 at 01:19 PM.
    05-07-09 09:33 AM
    To answer your question about the Drug stuff ya found...I would say it depends on what it is...Be it a meth or crack pipe...I'd take it to your local PD and explain the situation as you just bought the vehicle...If its for weed...Just throw it away.

The scenario you mentioned is pretty simple...Guilt by association, which means if your driving it, Its yours....Hate to say it like that, but its true..

Hope that helps, I'll answer the other questions later on when I can see straight, and I'm not so damn tired!

05-07-09 10:46 PM
    Why do our tax dollars pay for cops to arrest people for commiting non-violent,victimless crimes? How is it a crime for a grown man to decide he likes smokin reefer in the privacy of his own home? Why is it illegal to grow marijuana but its ok for the pharmaceutical companies to stuff billions of lethal pills down peoples throats every year? What compels a person to become a cop? Low self-esteem? *********? Know what I think? **** the law. We need anarchy. Smoke weed every day

This one is simple...Its illegal because its a schedule 1 drug, Pharmaceutical companies can grow it because they're licensed to...

OUR tax dollars pay us to enforce the laws regardless of it being victimless or not, can't really dispute that one...

There's a ton of reasons why I chose to become a cop...too many to list honestly...I'm sure its the same for most of us on here....

05-08-09 09:00 AM

Man Oh Man... You are the exact kind of person I love running into on traffic stops. Lets take a little closer look at your statement shall we?
    Why do our tax dollars pay for cops to arrest people for commiting non-violent,victimless crimes?
    Obviously the weed has affected your ability to think rationally. Lets look at some "Non-Violent" crimes: DUI, Reckless Driving, Credit card theft, Identity theft... Why would there not be laws to protect even a pothead as yourself?

Why is it illegal to grow marijuana but its ok for the pharmaceutical companies to stuff billions of lethal pills down peoples throats every year?
    Because Pharmaceutical drugs have had YEARS and YEARS of testing before they are approved by FDA to be distributed by a PRESCRIPTION written by a LICENSED DOCTOR . While weed a some medical use, it is little and when PRESCRIBED by a DOCTOR is legal.

What compels a person to become a cop? Low self-esteem?
    People become cops for various reasons, the majority of us become cops to help others. Having low self esteem has nothing to do with it at all, in fact its quite the opposite. Just because you will never amount to anything and spend your time killing what little brain cells you have smoking a drug that will get you arrested (if you havent already been arrested), doesnt mean that others will abide by the law and realize the FACT that weed is a mind altering, Gateway Drug.

Know what I think? **** the law
    Remember that when you mom is getting a$$ raped in her home at 2 in the morning and she need help. Everyone hates the cops, until they need them.
    05-08-09 11:57 AM
    I see the answers are a little slow, but I have some more questions I hope will get answered.

I just bought a car and found some drug paraphernalia in it.
    1. Do I need to report this?
    2. Let me ask a scenario: If I didn't find the paraphernalia myself and I was pulled over and searched for whatever reason, and the LEO finds it, and I object to it being mine on the grounds that I just purchased this vehicle used and never seen these items before, does the LEO automatically assume I'm lying or is there a chance that he would believe me and not be required to process charges on me?

Please don't answer "don't act foolish and you won't have a problem". I'm asking this question to see how a LEO would react. I know acting foolish is foolish. If you can please just answer the question I'm asking. Thank you.

1. YES report it. Dont touch it, just call the police.
    2. If I pull you over and for whatever reason I search your car, If I find dope, you are getting charged with it. Period. I automatically assume you are lying because thats what people with drugs do. Chances are you will get convicted as well.. Remember "Ignorance is no excuse".
    05-08-09 12:02 PM
    Good call on those Bill...I would have explained more if I wasn't dead to the world when I read them...

05-08-09 08:29 PM
    Why do cops racial profile?

05-10-09 01:50 PM
    Why do cops racial profile?

Because they should?

Asking this question is like asking, why do they want to know how tall or heavy a suspect is.

It's just a description to make looking for bad guys easier.

You can't hardly say, "Be on the look-out for a... guy."
    05-10-09 02:19 PM
    We don't Profile...Profiling is illegal

05-10-09 02:51 PM
    We don't Profile...Profiling is illegal

Actually racial profiling is illegal. There are other forms of profiling that is completely ok, i.e. criminal profiling. So do I profile, you bet I do. But only within the legal limits of my job.

05-10-09 03:10 PM
    Yup, I read my post after I submitted it LOL! Can't edit very well from the Pearl on WAP...Racial profiling I don't...Criminal Profiling you bet!

05-10-09 03:16 PM
    Do cops really have an acquired taste for fried pastries with icing on top?

...sorry, just had to throw that out there.
    05-10-09 04:10 PM
    "Because they should"... Riiiiiiiiight doc. Apparently something still exists that has been around for a very long time.

Last edited by CROWNontherocks; 05-10-09 at 04:33 PM.
    05-10-09 04:30 PM
    Do cops really have an acquired taste for fried pastries with icing on top?

...sorry, just had to throw that out there.
    As long as there are very friendly, "giving" POWER ring, kolache and coffee shop owners out there that enjoy our company, then we will be more that happy to stop in and say hello.

05-10-09 08:32 PM
    You can't out run the Motorola
    05-11-09 07:41 PM
    Actucally...I dislike "power rings" a lot...There are some places that will give police officers free coffee and doughnuts, But that touches an ethical boundary...I look at that as a gratuity...And Won't take it for any reason...Some will some won't...Just depends on the officer...

Now, If there is a donation jar or something...Or a tips jar, and they offer up free food, or food at a discounted price...I'll often leave the total cost of the food as a tip or in that jar...I think that goes for most police officers...IMHO

05-11-09 07:49 PM
    I have a question that is pure curiousity.

Is there a large amount of people that start the job and then quit within a probationary time? IS there a probationary time?

I know that it is a career choice that demands certain personalities, and I wonder if alot of people start out, but can't cut it when they get to the field. I guess basically, my question is, Is there a high turnaround for rookies?

Like I said, pure curiousity.
    05-11-09 09:04 PM
    I have a question that is pure curiousity.

Is there a large amount of people that start the job and then quit within a probationary time? IS there a probationary time?

I know that it is a career choice that demands certain personalities, and I wonder if alot of people start out, but can't cut it when they get to the field. I guess basically, my question is, Is there a high turnaround for rookies?

Like I said, pure curiousity.
    You bet! I've seen guys wash out of my jail after 3 or 4 hours being inside...last one I remember left after 2...Couldnt handle being confined inside a building for 12 hours was what he told my Commander
    05-11-09 09:06 PM
997 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD