View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I don't mind answering questions but it seems as of late it turned south. That's why I haven't been popping in with my answers. What's the point when they don't really want an answer but to lure you into a pissing match?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 01:58 PM
    I'm still a fan . Wish I had a good question but I don't

Seems We've kind of lost a bit of Ground on here...Did ya'll forget about the Thread? LOL
    04-30-09 02:14 PM
    I don't mind answering questions but it seems as of late it turned south. That's why I haven't been popping in with my answers. What's the point when they don't really want an answer but to lure you into a pissing match?

I'll agree with ya Chris~ But it's just some of the moronic and just plain stupid comments and or questions that start a pissing match. Figure though, Out of the 1 million users on here..There's BOUND to be a couple of them
    04-30-09 03:48 PM
    do u guys really eat a lot of donuts??

if so favorite donute type

and favorite place (krispy kreme dunkin donuts 7 11??)
    04-30-09 09:36 PM
    Just popping in to say hi. Don't have any questions.
    04-30-09 09:44 PM

Lmao....I told this once before. On my very first day on duty, my trainer drove us straight to a donut shop. I was so embarrassed. He laughed his **** off. In time I realized why. The shops are pretty friendly $$$ and ask us to stop by for refreshments. I can't do donuts much first because of the unit I'm in and two, I can't have the dunlap desease (my gut "dunlaped" over my gun belt)

When I do eat them, we have Shipleys donuts here. They ran krispy kream out of business here. Lol

04-30-09 09:45 PM

okay okay...Gotta Correct ya! The COP Term For Donuts isnt Donuts...We Call them "Power Rings" LMAO!

We've got a killer place in Woodland Park that makes them...I'm just not a Donut fan personally
    04-30-09 10:34 PM

Good Call. The point is to prove you are better than they are, by not taking the bait.
    05-01-09 06:23 AM
    Good Call. The point is to prove you are better than they are, by not taking the bait.
    That's true! No sense in pouring fuel onto the fire to keep it going.

05-01-09 10:53 AM
    Its like I said earlier...There's bound to be a few bad apples in the bunch, just the nature of the beast...

05-02-09 09:47 AM
    Yea, just answer those that genuinely need help and ignore the immature. Their posts will get buried with the number of posts entered in this thread daily.

05-02-09 04:05 PM
    I heard if you go up to a cop and just give him drugs you have you won't get in trouble... Is that true?

05-02-09 08:47 PM
    I heard if you go up to a cop and just give him drugs you have you won't get in trouble... Is that true?

Well if you were seriously turning it in, it would be a found property report, such as someone finding a gun and wanting the police to take possession of it. Finding dangerous drugs or something of that nature, would be the same.

05-02-09 09:16 PM
    Well if you were seriously turning it in, it would be a found property report, such as someone finding a gun and wanting the police to take possession of it. Finding dangerous drugs or something of that nature, would be the same.

Alright thanks

05-02-09 09:20 PM
    In States where talking on the phone while driving is illegal, a few questions:

1) Is it illegal to HOLD the phone, or to speak on it while driving? Holding while talking is illegal, but what about when I'm not talking? The difference would be if I'm just holding it in my hand and it was turned off. The rationale behind this is studies have shown that TALKING on the phone while driving distracts the driver by engrossing them in conversation. However, just holding an object is not necessarily a mind consuming task. Unless holding an object (ie: pen, comb) while driving is illegal as well?

2) If the car is stopped, but not parked (ie: stop light) is illegal to use the phone then? Is that considered "driving"?

3) Besides the two clearly stated illegal activities of A. reading/writing/sending a text or B. talking on the phone, is using the phone in any other capacity illegal as well? For instance, looking at Google Maps?

EDIT: I found the laws pertaining to my questions for CA at the DMV website. Text Messaging Law Effective January 1, 2009/Cellular Phone Laws Effective July 1, 2008 . However, these questions aren't addressed.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 05-03-09 at 04:50 AM.
    05-03-09 01:42 AM
    Thank You to all Police, Fire and Rescue for all you do!!!

My ? is do you give Bus and 18 Wheeler drivers breaks?

It "seems" like every time I get passed by one of these vehicles they pass me like I'm standing still.

I've never seen a Bus or a Big Rig pulled over on the side of an interstate or highway.

Thank You again!!!
    05-03-09 01:58 AM
    When I was working the interstate I prefered to pull over the 18 wheelers. Found 2400 pounds of weed in one.

05-03-09 06:24 AM
    I suspect the bus and truck drivers mostly know where *not* to exceed the speed limits. The miracles of modern communication...
    05-03-09 08:51 AM
    When I was working the interstate I prefered to pull over the 18 wheelers. Found 2400 pounds of weed in one.

Hey, ain't that profiling?
    05-03-09 08:53 AM
    Question: Are the LEO's here like the local Schutzstaffel Department (no offense meant to ANYONE...just how they are) in that you look for any reason to pull over a car with a teenager or teenagers in it? And then pull all occupents out of the car and search it? Funny thing is they get more po'd here when they do NOT find any drugs in the car.

Also, say there was road kill in the road, and i swerve to avoid it...what law/s have I violated, if any? And would you guys stop someone for this?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to the serious questions in this thread. I've learned alot, and I will say that I have the upmost respect for any Law Enforcement Officer.
    05-03-09 11:09 AM
    @ItnStln511 ^^^

Looks like they agree with you

That's true! No sense in pouring fuel onto the fire to keep it going.
    05-04-09 04:46 PM
    Sending love, and safe prayers to all the cops! No questions, though. I know I can't kick a bridezilla, without consequences.
    05-04-09 04:55 PM
    Why do they call you guys 'One-Time'?
    05-04-09 05:00 PM
    @ItnStln511 ^^^

Looks like they agree with you
    Haha thanx.

05-04-09 10:16 PM
    Now ain't this a Hoot..

I have Jury Duty tonight for the local Municipal/Magistrates Court. The nighttime was usually held for traffic court and a Jury trial is probably a DUI.
    After having been a Officer for 14yrs and a BA Operator for 12 of those 14 yrs,
    Don't you think I will be a little biased...
    I tried to tell them, but oh well. they wil have to learn at my expense.
    05-05-09 01:03 PM
997 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD