View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Well...Seems I've missed quite a bit! LOL! Guess I should quit slacking!

So, License plate covers...They're illegal here in Colorado...Actucally had my wife pulled over back in the day for having one of those neon plate covers...Ya can't have anything that covers your plate at all in Colorado...

Salary stuff...Yup, totally depends on where ya work, I know here, they start out at 33K, but the county to the south of me starts at 27K...

As far as the I'd question goes...Colorado law requires that you have a form of Identification that is either your DL, or Colorado I'd card...A passport will work if your not from the states, and or another states ID/DL as well..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:58 AM
    Cops are fine and dandy in my book! One of my neighbors is a cop, and the other is the sheriff, and they are as nice as can be. Even let me off of a speeding ticket before! I'm sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with an officer before, but don't hold it against every other cop you come across!
    04-24-09 06:52 PM
    Do you get tired of people asking to play with your nightstick, for you to frisk them, or to handcuff them?
    04-24-09 06:56 PM
    I'm sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with an officer before, but don't hold it against every other cop you come across!
    THANK YOU For that, I know there's a ton of us on here that appreciate that!

04-24-09 06:59 PM
    Do you get tired of people asking to play with your nightstick, for you to frisk them, or to handcuff them?
    Ya know...In 3 years, I've never had anyone other than my wife LOL make those comments to me...I'd suppose it would get severely annoying though

04-24-09 07:03 PM
    I'm sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with an officer before, but don't hold it against every other cop you come across!
    That's true. There will always be that one person that will assume that just because one police officer is a '****' that all officers are 'jerks.". Same goes for every careerfield though.

04-24-09 07:24 PM
    That's true. There will always be that one person that will assume that just because one police officer is a '****' that all officers are 'jerks.". Same goes for every careerfield though.
    That I would agree with as well, but I think its more so for cops...Mainly because we're in a career field that involves a lot of power and authority...With that though comes corruption and chaos...

I can't speak for all the cops on here...But you choose a path, and that path either leads you to enforce the laws legally, morally and ethically...Or the other route...Thus, where the ******* cops come from...

04-24-09 07:28 PM
    Disclaimer: this is not to start a fight or anything of that nature.

When a mailmain is pulled over putting mail in the mailbox, is it illegal to pass him if its double solid lines?

It happened to me today and got me to thinking, it seems like it would be illegal, but a cop probably wouldn't stop you for it.

04-24-09 07:43 PM
    Disclaimer: this is not to start a fight or anything of that nature.

When a mailmain is pulled over putting mail in the mailbox, is it illegal to pass him if its double solid lines?

It happened to me today and got me to thinking, it seems like it would be illegal, but a cop probably wouldn't stop you for it.

That is a legitimate question and the answer is, if a mailman is stopped you may proceed around him even if it is a double yellow line. If the Truck is in motion I would say no, you may not. I can only speak for Va law but I would image its the same elsewhere.
    04-24-09 08:00 PM
    Can never get tired of that
    04-24-09 08:48 PM
    Thank you, I wish more people felt like that
    04-24-09 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the answer man. Here's another one I was wondering about. My bro forgot to pay a ticket and they suspended his license. Why does getting pulled over with a suspended license carry such a heavy penalty?

04-24-09 09:18 PM
    Thanks for the answer man. Here's another one I was wondering about. My bro forgot to pay a ticket and they suspended his license. Why does getting pulled over with a suspended license carry such a heavy penalty?

Suspended drivers cause more of a problem than you think. In Va Driving suspended is a Class 1 Misd, it carries up to 12 months in jail, up to $2500 in fines , and a loss of your license for an additional year. Typically if you are suspended your vehicle insurance is null and void, most of the time if you are in a crash, the insurance companies will not pay because you were not licenses to drive to start with. Most insurance companies will only cover a licensed, sober driver who is non reckless. As a suspended driver you give up certain motor vehicle rights such as right of way, just as you would if you were driving reckless.
    04-24-09 10:11 PM
    That I would agree with as well, but I think its more so for cops...Mainly because we're in a career field that involves a lot of power and authority...With that though comes corruption and chaos...

I can't speak for all the cops on here...But you choose a path, and that path either leads you to enforce the laws legally, morally and ethically...Or the other route...Thus, where the ******* cops come from...

That's an excellent point, Diesel984.

Question: I was wondering if when I downshifted to make a turn, as opposed to using my brakes, was a traffic violation of any sort? Question came to mind as I was driving today.

04-24-09 10:18 PM
    That's an excellent point, Diesel984.

Question: I was wondering if when I downshifted to make a turn, as opposed to using my brakes, was a traffic violation of any sort? Question came to mind as I was driving today.

Its only a violation if you dont have any brakes on your car. No its not illegal to downshift and make a turn. (On a lighter note, it is a violation to coast down a hill in neutral in Va)
    04-24-09 10:54 PM
    Its only a violation if you dont have any brakes on your car. No its not illegal to downshift and make a turn. (On a lighter note, it is a violation to coast down a hill in neutral in Va)
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. I was afraid that it would be.

04-25-09 07:27 AM
    DIESEL_____why r u posting pictures of ur guns? ive never met a cop who does this stuff, this is the most redic thread ive ever seen. uve made a thread on a blackberry website trying to get people to argue with u. ask a cop a question? ...
    Well, to answer the question on Diesel's behalf, it's often a matter of interest to non police types as to what equipment is carried by cops.

As to the remainder of your post, perhaps a little time learning basic English might assist you in making your posts more readable and your position slightly more compelling.

No one is suggesting that you have to like cops but if you intend to be gratuitously insulting, at least try to improve your spelling.

Cheers Matey
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 04-25-09 at 01:21 PM. Reason: content moderation
    04-25-09 11:48 AM
    take it easy ringo, "uve" = "youve" . its like saying "ur" for "your". not a misspell. PS; officer ringo, what u make in a year, i make in a month, so.....dont tell me about spelling
    04-26-09 04:53 PM
    take it easy ringo, "uve" = "youve" . its like saying "ur" for "your". not a misspell. PS; officer ringo, what u make in a year, i make in a month, so.....dont tell me about spelling
    Really because I find it hard to believe you make $50k a month. Lets be realistic now.
    04-26-09 05:18 PM
    What's the big deal about how much money someone makes anyways? Are you better than someone else cause you make more than they do? You may have a fat bank account but you have ZERO respect. I'd rather have respect than money.

04-26-09 05:41 PM
    Diesel, what's the deal with your Pearl again? wife use it for target practice? LOL
    04-27-09 10:07 AM
    LOL! Something went south inside the trackball housing, Not sure what...but when it scrolls over an icon it automatically opens it..Seems that its completely stuck on the internet browser now...And according to AT&T, I should have a new one at some point today or tomorrow...this makes Pearl number 3 LMAO

04-27-09 10:31 AM
    Just get the Bold. All will be good in the universe then

04-27-09 10:33 AM
    I'm waiting for the Curve 8900 to come out Chris...If anything, I'll just keep getting replacement Berry's until my upgrade this year LOL

04-27-09 10:53 AM
    Seems We've kind of lost a bit of Ground on here...Did ya'll forget about the Thread? LOL
    04-30-09 01:50 PM
997 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD