View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Felt compelled to reply since we had discussed this earlier.
    Like VSP said, it makes no difference.
    I am an hourly employee so it doesn't matter if I write 1 ticket or 1000 a year.
    Ok, thanks. Just wondered why the local force is so d*mn ticket happy lately. I got pulled over the other day because I had a tinted license plate cover. I guess it's illegal in WA to have them on your car, but it's not illegal to sell them at the local Auto Zone and Schuck's. Kind of contradictory IMO, but at least the officer didn't ticket me. However, he did make sure that I was almost 30 minutes late picking up my daughter from school.

I also noticed that whenever I drive my red 350z, I get tailed by the local cops A LOT!!! Whenever I drive by a waiting patrol car, it pulls out right when I drive by and rides my @ss for no less than 2 miles. It happens every time without fail. I guess bad people drive red 350z's? I NEVER get harrassed like that when I drive my Trailblazer. I mean my 350z does have tinted windows and nice rims, but come on!
    04-22-09 01:24 PM
    Yeah, just cause they sell em doesn't mean they are legal. There's a head shop here that sells MJ pipes (although they say they are tobacco pipes, but come on, who doesn't know the difference?) That are illegal to posses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 02:18 PM
    Ok, thanks. Just wondered why the local force is so d*mn ticket happy lately. I got pulled over the other day because I had a tinted license plate cover. I guess it's illegal in WA to have them on your car, but it's not illegal to sell them at the local Auto Zone and Schuck's. Kind of contradictory IMO, but at least the officer didn't ticket me. However, he did make sure that I was almost 30 minutes late picking up my daughter from school.

I also noticed that whenever I drive my red 350z, I get tailed by the local cops A LOT!!! Whenever I drive by a waiting patrol car, it pulls out right when I drive by and rides my @ss for no less than 2 miles. It happens every time without fail. I guess bad people drive red 350z's? I NEVER get harrassed like that when I drive my Trailblazer. I mean my 350z does have tinted windows and nice rims, but come on!

I honestly don't know the answer to your questions.

I can only theorize, maybe, just maybe your state has a law about covering license plate. Like here in Mississippi, it is against the law to have ANY kind of cover on the license plate. It doesn't matter if it is clear or not.

As far as the following your 350z, I don't know. Maybe they think your a star and want to see who is driving it. Maybe they want an autograph. I am just kidding on that. Since it is a sports car maybe they are waiting for you to show your @$$. I don't know. If I see a car drive by, normal, then when he see's me he hits the pipes (vroom, vroom, vroom) I will stop him (might not write a ticket) but he wants a challenge... I'll give it to him. I really don't know, and I am not saying you do any of that. It could be anything at all.

msblueline
    04-22-09 02:21 PM
    Vsp please read what you quoted, it clearly states only if the person is arrested do they have to gicve that sample. Please, LE, continue proving me right.

04-22-09 02:24 PM
    I will not respond to statements made on this forum anymore. I ask that ALL law enforcement officers follow in suit. All we do when we respond is fuel the fire, no fuel the fire dies...

Just keep from having STATEMENTS posted here.

I will answer your questions all day.... Just not STATEMENTS.

Vinnie_Dugan this goes to you... If you have a question, fine... I have tried to be nice to you, but your statements, they are not welcome as far as I am concerned. Yes, this is an open forum, yes you have the right to post... I DON'T have to answer and neither does anyone else...

msblueline
    04-22-09 02:29 PM
    @ 12 many.
    They are illegal in Illinois as well. It doesn't matter if they are clear, tinted or colored they are all out.
    When this law was implemented (a few years ago) they also made it illegal to advertise or sell them which was a novel idea since there is no such provision on most laws (window tint, dope pipes).

04-22-09 02:57 PM
    Yeah, just cause they sell em doesn't mean they are legal. There's a head shop here that sells MJ pipes (although they say they are tobacco pipes, but come on, who doesn't know the difference?) That are illegal to posses.
    Big difference between drug paraphernalia and license plate covers....and how the heck would I know that a license plate cover was illegal? It's not exactly obvious that its illegal, especially when half the people in this state have them on their cars.
    04-22-09 03:03 PM
    @ 12 many.
    They are illegal in Illinois as well. It doesn't matter if they are clear, tinted or colored they are all out.
    When this law was implemented (a few years ago) they also made it illegal to advertise or sell them which was a novel idea since there is no such provision on most laws (window tint, dope pipes).
    That's a good little tidbit of info right there. I'll check if WA has the same law about sales. Thanks RoadDog40.
    04-22-09 03:08 PM
    Oh and how about doing your own research about the laws you spout. For an officer to check someones ID/BAC they have to have consent. Now that consent is determined differently in different situations, but I will explain in regards to a vehicle. according to the law if you start engaging the cop in his questioning, you are consenting to conversation, therefore he has the right to do pretty much anything he wants. Now remember if make it clear you are not consenting to conversation, then he MUST have probable cause or a warrant to legally obtain your BAC. The LEO's on this board are showing severe ignorance of the laws.

And to answer the question you asked, I have spent about half an hour in a jail, and that was in high school during law class. I'm just tired of cops abusing their power and government in general overstepping their bounds, and into my privacy.

When you ask for an ID, do I have to show you my driver's license? What if I gave you my Military ID or Passport or college ID (which is issued by the state of md)?
    Will any of those work in place of my license?

04-22-09 04:03 PM
    1_2 Many: I wasn't meaning any disrespect, I was just stating and giving an example. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

ItlStl: Usually if an officer asks for I'd they mean a drivers license. A passport, college or military I'd just doesn't have the info I need on it.

04-22-09 04:24 PM
    When you ask for an ID, do I have to show you my driver's license? What if I gave you my Military ID or Passport or college ID (which is issued by the state of md)?

Most state require you carry your DL on your person (on in the vehicle somewhere). In Va is a violation of the law (however very minor) to operate a motor vehicle without your DL on you. If by chance you dont have it, it's always a plus to have some form of picture ID on you. Every police agency in the country has the ability to look up your drivers license state by using Name and DOB. Some agencies such as myself have the ability to pull your DMV photo up on my computer.
    04-22-09 04:34 PM
    Big difference between drug paraphernalia and license plate covers....and how the heck would I know that a license plate cover was illegal? It's not exactly obvious that its illegal, especially when half the people in this state have them on their cars.
    As far as being illegal in your state, I don't know. I do know that here in Mississippi, license plate covers are illegal when they cover the month and the year.

What I don't understand is that most car dealerships give these when a car is bought (ooh! WOW! a $5.00 license plate cover for a $30,000.00 car).

If the license plate cover is covering the whole tag (clear plastic) they are illegal because they will allow moisture to build up and fog up the inside of the cover. Also, they build mildew inside and block out the tag.

The tag is supposed to be visible from 50 ft away. That is why there needs to be a light on the tag.

No light + No view = ticket (just thought I'd throw that one in there.)

msblueline
    04-22-09 05:00 PM

If I ask you for your ID then it's because I stoppped you. If I stopped you, then you were driving, if you were driving then I want the Dirvers License (DL).

I am not in any way saying you're an i d i o t (blocket out the word, wow!)... I know you know this, and in most cases it will be driving.

But, there are those few times, and this may be what you were refering to, I can stop you on the side of the road as you are walking home. When I say stop I DO NOT mean I can pull you over, but I can get out with you. My reasoning for saying this is this. There may have been a crime commited in the area and we want to ask you a few questions, We may even ask you for your ID (we want to clear you, not make you a suspect). Other people (on this thread) will tell you that you don't have to talk to us, you don't have to stay, you don't have to do anything but walk away. That would be INCORRECT.

Now, just because I see you walking down the street and I get out with you and say "hey man let me talk to you for a minute" you have every right to say, "what's up, is this official business, or just casual?" If I say "casual!" then you can say, "Thanks, but no thanks, I gotta go." I cannot do a thing about it... Honestly!

As mentioned before, there are some punk @$$ police officers that have no business carrying a badge, much less a gun. I will say that till the day I die. They will try to show their power and abuse the badge, tarnishing it while they talk. In all honesty, that makes them no better than the average criminal in the street.

Our job is to PROTECT, not harrass!

I do protect, and when they see me, they think of the other cops that TARNISH their badges...

Unless you live in a high crime, high drug area, you might not ever hardly see the local police. I know for a fact, I hardly EVER see the police in my neighborhood.

Any other questions feel free to ask...

msblueline
    04-22-09 05:18 PM
    1_2 Many: I wasn't meaning any disrespect, I was just stating and giving an example. Sorry if I came off the wrong way.

ItlStl: Usually if an officer asks for I'd they mean a drivers license. A passport, college or military I'd just doesn't have the info I need on it.

What kind of information are you all looking for?

04-22-09 07:16 PM
    If I ask you for your ID then it's because I stoppped you. If I stopped you, then you were driving, if you were driving then I want the Dirvers License (DL).

I am not in any way saying you're an i d i o t (blocket out the word, wow!)... I know you know this, and in most cases it will be driving.

But, there are those few times, and this may be what you were refering to, I can stop you on the side of the road as you are walking home. When I say stop I DO NOT mean I can pull you over, but I can get out with you. My reasoning for saying this is this. There may have been a crime commited in the area and we want to ask you a few questions, We may even ask you for your ID (we want to clear you, not make you a suspect). Other people (on this thread) will tell you that you don't have to talk to us, you don't have to stay, you don't have to do anything but walk away. That would be INCORRECT.

Now, just because I see you walking down the street and I get out with you and say "hey man let me talk to you for a minute" you have every right to say, "what's up, is this official business, or just casual?" If I say "casual!" then you can say, "Thanks, but no thanks, I gotta go." I cannot do a thing about it... Honestly!

As mentioned before, there are some punk @$$ police officers that have no business carrying a badge, much less a gun. I will say that till the day I die. They will try to show their power and abuse the badge, tarnishing it while they talk. In all honesty, that makes them no better than the average criminal in the street.

Our job is to PROTECT, not harrass!

I do protect, and when they see me, they think of the other cops that TARNISH their badges...

Unless you live in a high crime, high drug area, you might not ever hardly see the local police. I know for a fact, I hardly EVER see the police in my neighborhood.

Any other questions feel free to ask...

msblueline
    I worded my question wrong msblueline. I was asking about a LEO approaching me on the streat wanting to see my identification.

04-22-09 07:30 PM
    I've got to say that the only time I've had a bad experience with a police officer started with me doing something wrong (but it's only bad due to getting a ticket).

There have only been 2 times out of many that an officer has been rude to me. I'm typically very polite and cooperative, but here's my favorite story involving me and a cop at a traffic stop:

I got caught going 93 in a 60. I know it was dumb, but I was 20 and the radio was blasting---and I didn't think my 92 Geo Prism could go that fast, TBH. He pulled me and said "do you have any IDEA how fast you were going?" I very honestly replied "No sir, my speedometer only goes up to 85". He gave me one whopper of a ticket, but he was amused.
    Last edited by ericthelutheran; 04-22-09 at 11:52 PM.
    04-22-09 11:49 PM
    I once had the privilege to attend driving school.
    The officer doing the lecture that day took some time out to answer questions.
    One of the questions asked was about the best way to get out of a speeding ticket.

The officer said that if you could get him to laugh, or give him an excuse that he has NEVER heard before, that he would let let you go.

It also said that it was a very very rare thing, since he has heard just about every excuse out there.

Here is one of the examples he mentioned.

One guy he pulled over was wearing a tinfoil helmet and said he was trying to get home fast because the aliens were after him. The officer let him go.
    The next time he pulled over the same guy, with the same hat and same excuse, he gave him a ticket.

Here a video you might get a kick out of:

youtube.com/watch?v=KxYcDSLeLjc
    (I dont have enough posting history to insert the actual link so you will have to copy and paste)

Anyway, what are some funny excuses you've heard?

Ever let anyone out of a ticket for making you laugh?
    04-23-09 02:11 PM
    How much generally does a police officer make starting out?
    04-23-09 03:03 PM
    That depends on State, city or county.

How much generally does a police officer make starting out?
    04-23-09 03:42 PM
    Have any of the LEO's here found an ap to have their respective Crimes Code on the BB??
    04-23-09 03:43 PM
    We have a program in our patrol cars that gives us access to all the info we need. I'm lucky enough not to need an app for my bb.

04-23-09 07:27 PM
    If you get the specialty license plate for a policeman fund or tribute, is it less likely that you will get a ticket if your pulled over?

04-23-09 07:41 PM
    That depends on State, city or county.
    I know there's and average for a full time officer? Like $20?
    04-23-09 08:56 PM
    Really we cant say, cause every department pays differently. Some guys on here make double starting out what I make after 4 years.
    04-23-09 11:01 PM
    Here in Dayton, its in the 40K/yr range...I am not an officer but i have been looking into it...
    04-23-09 11:33 PM
997 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD