View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    First off, it depends on the laws of the state as to whether or not I have to show I'd, outside of that I have to show and say nothing else. You are showing your ignorance of the law. My father was a cop for 8 years, my uncle is a retired police officer, many of my buddies that I served with are LE, I know the laws, maybe yo should take the time to learn them. I am legally allowed to refuse to answer any question you ask me. Remember the old adage, you have the RIGHT to remain silent, anything YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST you. at a roadblock if you say you are detaining me, I hope your county/city has some good lawyers buddy, I will be suing you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am glad that all of your family was a cop... Good!

But it is you, that is the arrogant @$$ here.

If at a roadblock you choose not to show ID, I will detain you, if not arrest you and then TOW your car... Tell you lawyer that...BUDDY!!!

msblueline
    04-21-09 02:43 PM
    All I can say is job security
    04-21-09 02:45 PM
    All I can say is job security
    AMEN to that brother!!! Amen!!!

msblueline
    04-21-09 02:46 PM
    AMEN to that brother!!! Amen!!!

msblueline
    HaHa.....hows the burg today?
    04-21-09 02:47 PM
    HaHa.....hows the burg today?
    Going great! How is it up north there? Getting any of this stormy weather coming through?

Oh! listen to this, I got ROAD BLOCKS this weekend...LOL

It'll be fun... I work 2nite, 2morrow, Thursday and Friday... Then Road Block weekend... WOO HOO!!!

msblueline
    04-21-09 02:54 PM
    Going great! How is it up north there? Getting any of this stormy weather coming through?

Oh! listen to this, I got ROAD BLOCKS this weekend...LOL

It'll be fun... I work 2nite, 2morrow, Thursday and Friday... Then Road Block weekend... WOO HOO!!!

msblueline
    All were getting right now is a little wind......

Im so jealous . I love road blocks.

Hopefully Ill be back in about a week, then its gonna be road block time haha
    04-21-09 02:56 PM
    First off, it depends on the laws of the state as to whether or not I have to show I'd, outside of that I have to show and say nothing else. You are showing your ignorance of the law. My father was a cop for 8 years, my uncle is a retired police officer, many of my buddies that I served with are LE, I know the laws, maybe yo should take the time to learn them. I am legally allowed to refuse to answer any question you ask me. Remember the old adage, you have the RIGHT to remain silent, anything YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST you. at a roadblock if you say you are detaining me, I hope your county/city has some good lawyers buddy, I will be suing you.

OH man.. It's a shame I've been sleeping all day. After reading your nonsense messages I've become pretty fired up.

First: Much of what you say is true. That I wont deny. I dont know your history, however because I deal with your kind of personality on a routine basis, I can take an educated guess that you have had some major run in with the police, I'm guessing its been narcotic related and you have had to fork out a lot of money to get out of your charge. You have no respect for LE (I could care less if your father is a cop), You offer suggestions to people on this board that will down right get them in trouble.

Second: Three nights ago, I had to go to a house and tell a mother that her 19 y/o son would not be home because he was killed by a drunk driver who was driving the wrong way down the road, a man who's blood alcohol level was .26 . The man I arrested had two prior DUI's , making this his 3rd, a felony in Virginia. He knew the game, he refused to take any of my test, to include not allowing me to draw his blood for analysis, however what he failed to realize was that all I had to do was get a search warrant for the blood that the hospital took in the ER. He is now facing 15-20 years in prison. If you think "giving a drunk a ride home" in lieu of arresting him solves anything then you go take pictures of dead bodies and tell parents their only child wont becoming home. If you think I do all of that to "Make money for my state" you sir are not nearly as smart as you lead on to believe.

Third: I wake up everyday and put my VEST on. WHY? Because crazy mofo's out there care nothing about the police and will try to kill me for the He|| off it. If you think I put myself out there to get shot or killed to make money for the state, again you are sadly mistaken. If you get stopped at a checking detail and I ask for you license, if you DON't provide it then guess what.... It's called obstruction of justice and fail to produce O.L . Then you get pulled out of your car, put in hand cuffs, and now because you have been arrested, I get to search your car incident to arrest. You get your car towed at your expense, and have to spend the next few hours at the jail until you make bond, unless of course you mouth off to the magistrate in which case you wont get a bond and you'll have to sit there until your court arraignment, which could be 2-3 days.

All of which could have been avoided, if you simply had showed me your drivers license.

Lastly: I agree with Southern and MSBLUELINE when they say that there are bad cops out here.. The majority of us are good officers. We help the public even if it means we have to write them a ticket. I didn't become a Law Enforcement Officer to make money for the state, I get nothing in return if I write 100 or 1000 tickets. I do my job because I enjoy helping others. I enjoy taking people off the road who endanger others. You make it harder for me to do my job, You think you know the law better than me. You know a little about about rights and its dangerous. Again while some of what you speak is true, much is not. Sue me if you want.. I can guarantee you wont win.
    04-21-09 03:02 PM
    OH man.. It's a shame I've been sleeping all day. After reading your nonsense messages I've become pretty fired up.

First: Much of what you say is true. That I wont deny. I dont know your history, however because I deal with your kind of personality on a routine basis, I can take an educated guess that you have had some major run in with the police, I'm guessing its been narcotic related and you have had to fork out a lot of money to get out of your charge. You have no respect for LE (I could care less if your father is a cop), You offer suggestions to people on this board that will down right get them in trouble.

Second: Three nights ago, I had to go to a house and tell a mother that her 19 y/o son would not be home because he was killed by a drunk driver who was driving the wrong way down the road, a man who's blood alcohol level was .26 . The man I arrested had two prior DUI's , making this his 3rd, a felony in Virginia. He knew the game, he refused to take any of my test, to include not allowing me to draw his blood for analysis, however what he failed to realize was that all I had to do was get a search warrant for the blood that the hospital took in the ER. He is now facing 15-20 years in prison. If you think "giving a drunk a ride home" in lieu of arresting him solves anything then you go take pictures of dead bodies and tell parents their only child wont becoming home. If you think I do all of that to "Make money for my state" you sir are not nearly as smart as you lead on to believe.

Third: I wake up everyday and put my VEST on. WHY? Because crazy mofo's out there care nothing about the police and will try to kill me for the He|| off it. If you think I put myself out there to get shot or killed to make money for the state, again you are sadly mistaken. If you get stopped at a checking detail and I ask for you license, if you DON't provide it then guess what.... It's called obstruction of justice and fail to produce O.L . Then you get pulled out of your car, put in hand cuffs, and now because you have been arrested, I get to search your car incident to arrest. You get your car towed at your expense, and have to spend the next few hours at the jail until you make bond, unless of course you mouth off to the magistrate in which case you wont get a bond and you'll have to sit there until your court arraignment, which could be 2-3 days.

All of which could have been avoided, if you simply had showed me your drivers license.

Lastly: I agree with Southern and MSBLUELINE when they say that there are bad cops out here.. The majority of us are good officers. We help the public even if it means we have to write them a ticket. I didn't become a Law Enforcement Officer to make money for the state, I get nothing in return if I write 100 or 1000 tickets. I do my job because I enjoy helping others. I enjoy taking people off the road who endanger others. You make it harder for me to do my job, You think you know the law better than me. You know a little about about rights and its dangerous. Again while some of what you speak is true, much is not. Sue me if you want.. I can guarantee you wont win.
    WOO HOO!!!

Preach on brother... Preach on!!!

msblueline
    04-21-09 03:15 PM
    What's that sound?

Exactly!!!

Sounds like... like, quietness...

Hmm!

Sounds good to me.

msblueline
    04-21-09 03:29 PM
    I think you are misunderstanding what I'm getting at here. First off my record is completely clean with the exception of a red light violation(damn cameras). All I'm trying to do is educate people about their rights. I'm not advocating drunk driving. If you're doing something illegal, man up and face the consequences, but I'm tired of cops harassing the public because of our own ignorance. Re read what I wrote regarding showing I'd it varies state to state. Some states you are required by law to furnish an I'd, others you aren't.

With all that being said, I could care less about your sob stories dude, I served as a marine for 8 years, I know the pain of losing people. Just because one guy messes up, should we punish everyone else? I don't think so. I am smart enough to determine whether or not I can drive after a few drinks. Look at europe, they have some of the most lax laws regarding alcohol and their death rate is much lower.

Again, like I said, cops in general are good people, but when you live in a big city that runs huge defecits, they need money. An extra five million a month can go a long way.

Vinnie

04-21-09 03:32 PM
    Lol. No, I mean...do officers get bonuses for writing a certain amount of tickets?
    Soooo......Is anyone going to answer my question? ^
    04-21-09 03:35 PM
    Soooo......Is anyone going to answer my question? ^
    No, No quotas, No bonuses.
    04-21-09 03:49 PM
    I think you are misunderstanding what I'm getting at here. First off my record is completely clean with the exception of a red light violation(damn cameras). All I'm trying to do is educate people about their rights. I'm not advocating drunk driving. If you're doing something illegal, man up and face the consequences, but I'm tired of cops harassing the public because of our own ignorance. Re read what I wrote regarding showing I'd it varies state to state. Some states you are required by law to furnish an I'd, others you aren't.

With all that being said, I could care less about your sob stories dude, I served as a marine for 8 years, I know the pain of losing people. Just because one guy messes up, should we punish everyone else? I don't think so. I am smart enough to determine whether or not I can drive after a few drinks. Look at europe, they have some of the most lax laws regarding alcohol and their death rate is much lower.

Again, like I said, cops in general are good people, but when you live in a big city that runs huge defecits, they need money. An extra five million a month can go a long way.

Vinnie

By making comments to others like " Only roll your window down enough to give them your information" and "Don't answer any questions" you are clearly anti law enforcement. You keep referring to Europe and Germany about "well they do it there...." or "well in Europe" ... the fact we dont live in Europe and you have NO understanding of what problems they do or do not have there. It is no comparison. By making comments like "you should give DUI's a ride home" , clearly you are advocating DUI.
    04-21-09 03:55 PM
    Are you a literate person? Do you enjoy taking statements out of context? Never did I advocate that. What I said was, do you think you would have a job if instead of giving a ticket you gave someone a ride home.

04-21-09 04:37 PM
    Oh and whoever said if I don't like what the supreme court does, argue with them. I write letters to my senators and congressman all the time, but the fact of the matter is they have no say in what goes on. Also don't tell me to move out of this country if I don't like it, that's an ignorant statement. Its my right, no not only right, but duty to speak out against the injustices of this government. That's why this country exists. The fourth ammendment was put in place to protect my right to privacy. The fourth ammendment was a huge deal, it was very important to out founding fathers.

Read a book, learn history, its amazing how far this country has strayed from the constitution.

04-21-09 04:41 PM
    Driving while tired is at least as dangerous as driving above the legal limit, should we start arresting people that drive tired?

04-21-09 04:48 PM
    Hi guys,

One of my hobbies is photography. Now and then I bump into an article on the web discussing photographers having issues with police when taking pictures of buildings, police, bridges etc. All in places that would be considered public, like parks, or on a city street.

The results of being stopped by police vary from being instructed to delete the pictures from the camera, to just being stopped and talked to by the police. Sometimes the photographers have to show an ID indicating that they are actually professional photographers.

How do you guys handle photographers?
    Do you ever stop them or require photos to be deleted?
    04-21-09 05:32 PM
    Oh and whoever said if I don't like what the supreme court does, argue with them. I write letters to my senators and congressman all the time, but the fact of the matter is they have no say in what goes on. Also don't tell me to move out of this country if I don't like it, that's an ignorant statement. Its my right, no not only right, but duty to speak out against the injustices of this government. That's why this country exists. The fourth ammendment was put in place to protect my right to privacy. The fourth ammendment was a huge deal, it was very important to out founding fathers.

Read a book, learn history, its amazing how far this country has strayed from the constitution.

As far as I know, you have no legal right to inform people to beak the law.

And as far as not giving ID, please tell me the states that dont require you to surrender your ID if a LEO orders you to.
    04-21-09 06:23 PM
    As far as I know, you have no legal right to inform people to beak the law.

And as far as not giving ID, please tell me the states that dont require you to surrender your ID if a LEO orders you to.

Still stuck on that? I told you that depending on you're states laws, you are not allowed to ask for ID without a reasonable suspicion. If you pull me over then in my state I am forced to surrender ID and proof of insurance, and that is all.

How did I tell anyone to break the law?

You are clearly a cop I wouldn't like dealing with. Guess what though? I'd be more than happy for you to wrongly take me to jail, I can take a few days in the slammer. You on the other hand may not like not having a job anymore.

You are clearly very ignorant of the law you have sworn to protect, how about doing a little research.
    04-21-09 06:42 PM
    Dont worry, if I arrest ya ill be justified by the Supreme Court.
    04-21-09 06:44 PM
    Still stuck on that? I told you that depending on you're states laws, you are not allowed to ask for ID without a reasonable suspicion. If you pull me over then in my state I am forced to surrender ID and proof of insurance, and that is all.

How did I tell anyone to break the law?

You are clearly a cop I wouldn't like dealing with. Guess what though? I'd be more than happy for you to wrongly take me to jail, I can take a few days in the slammer. You on the other hand may not like not having a job anymore.

You are clearly very ignorant of the law you have sworn to protect, how about doing a little research.
    Rest ashore that if I arrest you, I'll still have a job when you get out. It's my job to know individuals rights in most cases more than you. You may know your rights, however you don't know the law.
    04-21-09 06:56 PM
    Rest ashore that if I arrest you, I'll still have a job when you get out. It's my job to know individuals rights in most cases more than you. You may know your rights, however you don't know the law.
    Very well said......most people think their rights and the law are one and the same.
    04-21-09 07:06 PM
    Here's another question for LEO's out there, are you allowed to remove the license plates off someone's vehicle if you deem the vehicle unfit for the road??? or do you have to call in some form of your ministry of transportation??

there's a funny story here about how a junior police officer tried to remove the license plates off my old truck and I called the police on him for stealing my license plates. Up here in ontario Canada only auto motive tech's (yeH!) and our ministry of transportation are allowed to do that without the owner's permission. It was very funny watching him try to explain his way out of the hole that he had dug himself. I had explained the the vehicle was fit for the road and as a license mechanic I was more qualified than he was. He wouldn't listen and continued to remove the plates as which point I called 911 and reported a theft in progress. It took about three hours to fix this mess he had caused; but it was worth it Oh and the reason he gave me for pulling my truck over in the first place was that "it was obviously unfit for the road, seeing that this vehicle is over 20 years old at the time" oh well. I hope the rest of his shift went better
    04-21-09 08:03 PM
    Yes we can. We have a box full of tags we have taken off vehicle. But that's usually for switched tags.

04-21-09 08:06 PM
    Yes we can. We have a box full of tags we have taken off vehicle. But that's usually for switched tags.

Ditto, I take tags off cars almost every day. Most of the time its because they dont belong on the car listed.
    04-21-09 08:09 PM
997 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD