View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Here's one.

What speed to the normal squad cars top out at? Obviously you're in the states, but over here I reckon it's a 50/50 to get away.

Not that it's ever happened but if I were clocked doing more than 100MPH (137MPH being my current high score) I know that my licence is already gone; instant disqualification.

With that in mind I've always said that I would just put the food down and go for it hoping there was no chopper in the air.
    No offense, but its those kinda stupid things that will end up killing an innocent person while you walk away unscratched.

Whats this fascination with going fast?
    04-16-09 06:49 PM
    No offense taken.

That was on a clear section of dual carriageway at 0430 in the morning. 137 would be outragous in traffic. Although I once did Perth to Dunfermline in 15 minutes through traffic.
    04-16-09 06:59 PM
    No offense taken.

That was on a clear section of dual carriageway at 0430 in the morning. 137 would be outragous in traffic. Although I once did Perth to Dunfermline in 15 minutes through traffic.
    So what happens when you blow a tire at 137? Instant death. Use some common sense.
    04-16-09 07:08 PM
    That's like saying to a skydiver what if your chute doesn't open. People have there things and mine is speed.

Now I won't try and justify it any more than that. I respect your opinions, however if you can't accept mine feel free to PM me; let's not clutter the thread.

I'd still like an answer to the question these units topping out.

I'd also like to know if there is just a time you would call off a pursuit? Again not that it matters to me all that much as UK and US preceedures are very different; I'd just like to know.
    04-16-09 07:24 PM
    That's like saying to a skydiver what if your chute doesn't open. People have there things and mine is speed.

Now I won't try and justify it any more than that. I respect your opinions, however if you can't accept mine feel free to PM me; let's not clutter the thread.

I'd also like to know if there is just a time you would call off a pursuit? Again not that it matters to me all that much as UK and US preceedures are very different; I'd just like to know.
    I'll accept the decisions you make, just as long as you understand the decisions I have to make in my job.

As far as answering the question of patrol top speed, I dont really feel comfortable answering that, its kinda like asking the guy in a gun fight how many bullets he has left? I will tell you that it is vehicle specific and obviously a charger will have a higher top speed then that of a crown vic.

I take every vehicle pursuit seriously. I take all factors into consideration when determining if a pursuit needs to be terminated. My department has very liberal policies concerning pursuits so I'll tell you that 9 times out of 10 you'll end up crashing before I stop the pursuit. It sends the wrong message to not pursue.
    04-16-09 07:53 PM

Ill run ya till your tires wear out and fall off.
    04-16-09 08:06 PM
    Ah come on guys; what's the top speed?

southernguy0306, don't get me wrong if I think the rozzers (an affectionate term for UK police) are staying with me then I'd pull over. No point in taking part in one of these crazy rampage drives; the driver just ends up dead or in jail for a long period of time.

I'm talking about if it's a nice clear road and I happen to get clocked by a car sitting on a sliproad joining the carridgeway; again they have a habbit of doing that here even although their not suppose to.

I weigh up the the following: what speed I'm doing his time, his time to accelerate to that speed, the distance I can cover in that time, his top speed and my own top speed. If I think I can do it, I'd think I just keep going.

If it's a big BMW M5 as the police here are inclined to use for traffic duty it's just time to pullover really; I'm simply not outrunning that. Not even in an S4.

Rest assured though gents, if I ever get behind the wheel in the states again I'll play nice. You guys have guns afterall.
    04-16-09 08:25 PM
    Ah come on guys; what's the top speed?

southernguy0306, don't get me wrong if I think the rozzers (an affectionate term for UK police) are staying with me then I'd pull over. No point in taking part in one of these crazy rampage drives; the driver just ends up dead or in jail for a long period of time.

I'm talking about if it's a nice clear road and I happen to get clocked by a car sitting on a sliproad joining the carridgeway; again they have a habbit of doing that here even although their not suppose to.

I weigh up the the following: what speed I'm doing his time, his time to accelerate to that speed, the distance I can cover in that time, his top speed and my own top speed. If I think I can do it, I'd think I just keep going.

If it's a big BMW M5 as the police here are inclined to use for traffic duty it's just time to pullover really; I'm simply not outrunning that. Not even in an S4.

Rest assured though gents, if I ever get behind the wheel in the states again I'll play nice. You guys have guns afterall.

Well Ill put it this way.....you might outrun my car but you arent gonna outrun my motorola .

And if you run, and then decide to pull over later, youll still go to jail for a long time

Best bet, keep at the speed limit or go to the Autobahn.
    04-16-09 08:28 PM
    Why isn't it manditory to wear a bullet proof vest?
    04-16-09 08:32 PM
    Thats gonna be dept policy.
    04-16-09 09:54 PM
    I wouldn't ever leave home in uniform without my vest on. I don't understand how someone would refuse to wear something that might save your life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 09:58 PM
    I can't sleep. I see nurses handle people who are bleeding without gloves boggles my mind. So I guess I can understand you not getting cops not wearing their vest. But at the end of the day we all want to go home exactly how we went to work. Safety first! Glad you wear your vest
    04-16-09 11:38 PM
    So, how come WA cops still drive and talk on their cell phones when its against the law up here? Most of them do it too. No joke.
    04-17-09 12:07 PM
    So, how come WA cops still drive and talk on their cell phones when its against the law up here? Most of them do it too. No joke.
    I can't Answer that...the best answer I could give would be that they think just because they're in uniform, that the law doesn't apply...But I'm not sure Honestly..
    04-17-09 04:13 PM
    Say you work for police fire or ems. What are your chances of getting out of a ticket lol?

WELL...Ya know what they say! God Created Police officers, So Firefighters could have Hero's Too LOL!

Honestly, Depends on the Cop...I'd probably let ya slide, Depending on the Violation...
    04-17-09 04:16 PM

Not that it's ever happened but if I were clocked doing more than 100MPH (137MPH being my current high score) I know that my licence is already gone; instant disqualification.
    Seriously...Speeding is Speeding...@ 137MPH, You might as well Kiss your Arse goodbye if you crash it...That would land you in our lovely county hotel for a LONG time, if not prision
    04-17-09 04:17 PM
    Most agencies require it as a part of your "gear" BUT, in the case of my agency...Only the Patrol Guys, and Court/Transport Deputies are "issued" Vests by the County...NOW, There's non-certified and Certified officers both in my jail...And being as its not issued to us...(the certified guys) we dont wear them...And That SUCKS if you want my two cents...

Personally, I Wouldnt Leave HOME without having my vest on...I figure my wife would shoot me if I did...
    04-17-09 04:20 PM
    Are "ticket quotas" fact or fiction? I have a couple of friends that are WA State Troopers and they never give me a straight answer on this one (they're probably afraid of the load of crap I'd give em').
    04-17-09 04:33 PM
    Seriously...Speeding is Speeding...@ 137MPH, You might as well Kiss your Arse goodbye if you crash it...That would land you in our lovely county hotel for a LONG time, if not prision
    Same here really. It was very early in the morning and on a clear road. I know that's no guarantee as even a slight little hitch and I'm into the scenery. It's a calculated risk that I was willing to take and no one would have been harmed save me.

I was more impressed with Perth to Dunfermline in 15 minutes, but I suppose that's local knowledge of the road and terrain. Averaged out about 100 or so.

The roads are somewhat different over here so it's somewhat easier to get off the main roads and disappear. I'm simply going to run with the theory that if I pass a police vehicle fast enough then I'll just keep going.
    04-17-09 05:37 PM
    Do you appreciate your dispatchers? Do they always have your back? Yes, I'm one of them.

04-17-09 07:50 PM
    Are "ticket quotas" fact or fiction? I have a couple of friends that are WA State Troopers and they never give me a straight answer on this one (they're probably afraid of the load of crap I'd give em').
    Fiction! They let us write as many tickets as we want....

04-17-09 08:25 PM
    Fiction! They let us write as many tickets as we want....

4 more and my g/f gets a toaster oven.
    04-17-09 08:30 PM
    Congratulations. Just received my set of steak knives. Man they r nice

04-17-09 08:54 PM
    Congratulations. Just received my set of steak knives. Man they r nice

Man, I'm jealous!! I missed the knives last month by 1!!! That pisses me off!
    04-17-09 09:41 PM
    I can tell you from my persuit video that the crown vic that was involved in the high speed persuit topped out at 122(ish). i have had idaho state police tell me that they have personally seen speeds of over 150 in the chargers....

in idaho i have had many a persuit that were short lived due to traffic and the scenarios...passed many a state officer on motorycycles that didnt even persue because the speeds i have passed them at while they are at a stand still.

i in no way am trying to say that im proud of my actions and have learned quite a lesson from finally having to deal w my actions w the state police and court system.

that being said i have def had some serious persuits that lasted over an hour and have had up to 9 officers in two diff states involved in persuits that i have managed to elude. made for some crazy adrenaline rushes and def had a few occasions where i figured i was goin to be locked up for a very long time

i have also pulled over MANY a time and had officers here in idaho tell me that the wheelie i was doin was awesome and have had a few ask me to teach them how to stunt.

in my experience the officers here in idaho tend to be very kind and curtious. and just being honest, Yes sir, no sir, and being completely compliant can get you out of A LOT of stuff....that and carrying expired insurance and having current at home will get you a failure to insure rather than the ticket you were originally pulled over for. Then taking the ticket to the courthouse w the current insurance will get the ticket dropped.
    04-18-09 12:19 PM
997 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD