View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    That's if the summonses where issued in NY that's is... And they also will not put out a warrant for you for traffic or moving summonses or come actively looking for you. You just go in the system as suspended and you'll just get picked up during a car stop when you get run sometmes years later after you've forgotten all about it, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:54 AM
    I have no problem with anything you've said up in your posts there Yankeed, Most people would be frustrated as **** working in a big *** city like NY, I'll give you credit for that...

There are those of us who work for "cupcakeville in Candyland County" and enjoy the **** out of it...Even the guys on here who work for the bigger agencies Austin, Denver, LA County...they love their Career Choice, and to 99.9% of us on here...This isn't just a "Job"

While I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to NOT like where you work, or what you have to do from time to time...I really dislike people (even other cops) who choose to look at our choice for a career as a job...

HOWEVER, while you're still a brother in blue, and just as any one of us would back you up if you came to our smaller "cupcakeville" agencies and had a problem, your way of thinking (which again I will admit to disliking quite a bit, however I still respect it) would get ya no where....

I have a lot of respect for your agency, and have a couple friends who work for them...Not ONE of them share that same sickening(to me) attitude as you do...

04-15-09 08:30 AM
    Let me put my boy scoutish perception aside for a minute...

This is not my first ride in this pony show we call law enforcement. I do have quite a few years of experience under my belt. I have worked in a large department in the 4 largest city in the nation. And I have worked in a small department. So to assume that I have not experienced hopeless animals in my career would be an error on your part.

I understand working for a department and wanting to leave at any expense. I've been there. And I moved on to another department where I wanted to be. Because I know that this isn't just a job for me. I feel sorry for those who do.

I hope I never become so jaded with law enforcement that it becomes my "job" and my attitude reflects the same.
    04-15-09 10:16 AM
    if your the nurse from NY in an earlier post... You're license is probably suspended in NYS, every summons you fail to appear for is a suspension on your license in NY... You get pulled over in NY with any suspensions you get collared and the car impounded. There is no summons as in some other states. Also, a lot of people get suspensions on their NY license and go get a license in some other state... NC, or PA a lot of times (I guess they don't do checks), and they think they are good with a valid license from wherever. That license may be valid outside of NY, but your driving priviledges are always going to be in the system as suspended until you go clear it up yourself, or get locked up and brought to the court.

Nope I'm a nurse from Georgia. I got the ticket in ohio and have been pulled over there in the last year for speeding but the officer didn't say anything about any warrants (I really don't speed a lot promise). But I am going to call and see what I need to do so that I don't have to worry anymore. Because I was scared as **** waiting on my ticket and it was a long holiday weekend. Lol I'm not built to do time. I know he wondered why I was close to tears

04-15-09 10:29 AM
    Ohio and Georgia are compact states, meaning if you get a traffic ticket in one of those states and don't pay it, the other state will suspend your license until you pay it.

Now being this is 10 years old, and I can't remember if this was in the works back then, then one of 3 things may happened.

1) Your Georgia OLN is under suspension.
    2) You have a warrant for your arrest in Ohio
    3) It fell through the cracks and you got lucky.

If you had an Ohio OLN at the time, it may be in the BMV files that your Ohio OLN is suspended.

If you would like the phone number to the main BMV in Columbus, Ohio PM me.

Yes, it was 10 years ago but I have seen things like this come back to bite people in the a$$ many years later.

04-15-09 12:23 PM
    I think I fell through the cracks. I move to ga within a year of getting thw ticket and was able to transfer my license. Haven't had any problems with it over the last ten years. But like I said I haven't forgotten about it. And sorry I would love to pm u for the number but lol I don't know how. Still a BB virgin

04-15-09 12:56 PM
    heres the link to the stunt video me and the boys here in boise id threw together. we stunt this road cuz its private property and the farmer that owns it is cool w us doin whatever. the night i was arrested for my lil stunt fest on the free way was a monday morning at 1:30. no one on the road and i figured the coast was clear....little did i know...lol n e ways check it out. im the one on the blue r6 skitchin of the back of the bike and doin a couple stand up wheelies. white star on the front.

04-15-09 01:30 PM
    How far over the speed limit will you all cite someone?

04-15-09 02:56 PM

Totally Depends on the Agency...With mine, We wont pick ya up unless you're going 7-10mph over the posted limit
    04-15-09 05:17 PM
    heres the link to the stunt video me and the boys here in boise id threw together. we stunt this road cuz its private property and the farmer that owns it is cool w us doin whatever. the night i was arrested for my lil stunt fest on the free way was a monday morning at 1:30. no one on the road and i figured the coast was clear....little did i know...lol n e ways check it out. im the one on the blue r6 skitchin of the back of the bike and doin a couple stand up wheelies. white star on the front.

It's cool to see...But that'll land ya a trip to the local Jail here in Colorado...And You'll be cruzin' the Bus Circut for the next year...12 Point ticket = Loss of License
    04-15-09 05:19 PM
    I hope I never become so jaded with law enforcement that it becomes my "job" and my attitude reflects the same.
    Chris - It doesnt matter..We work in "cupcakeville" in "Candy Land County" according to him...I Could really give a crap less, Im with you on that Statement...And if HE does think it's just a "job" then You know as well as I do bro, There's not anything we can do to help that lost soul
    Nate
    04-15-09 05:23 PM
    It's cool to see...But that'll land ya a trip to the local Jail here in Colorado...And You'll be cruzin' the Bus Circut for the next year...12 Point ticket = Loss of License

o trust me i found out just how much trouble it can get u into...started pushin my luck and wound up w a felony eluding charge and 5 yr felony probation, 3 yr lisence suspension, $1000 fine, and 30 days in jail. quite the story but def not worth it to run from the cops

as far as the ticket here in idaho its a 3 point reckless ticket.....i think there are such tickets as stunting but not sure...

do you know what diff kinds of tickets one could get for stunting....i believe there is reckless, neglagaint, stunting, and careless.
    04-15-09 06:47 PM
    Totally Depends on the Agency...With mine, We wont pick ya up unless you're going 7-10mph over the posted limit
    Wow you guys are nice. The cops here will cite you at 1 over.....gotta love the quotas.

04-15-09 06:57 PM
    Wow you guys are nice. The cops here will cite you at 1 over.....gotta love the quotas.

Are you in a Seriously SUPER small town?? Cuz even Cripple Creek (population right around 2000 IF THAT) wont do such a thing LOL!
    04-15-09 07:06 PM
    o trust me i found out just how much trouble it can get u into...started pushin my luck and wound up w a felony eluding charge and 5 yr felony probation, 3 yr lisence suspension, $1000 fine, and 30 days in jail. quite the story but def not worth it to run from the cops

as far as the ticket here in idaho its a 3 point reckless ticket.....i think there are such tickets as stunting but not sure...

do you know what diff kinds of tickets one could get for stunting....i believe there is reckless, neglagaint, stunting, and careless.
    Really Just Reckless and Careless...I'm sure there is a TON more, But That's all I can think of right now LOL
    04-15-09 07:07 PM
    the good news is i got a withheld judgment on my felony so after 5 yrs its expunged. the bad news is i got discharged from the air national guard for my antics
    04-15-09 07:41 PM
    Are you in a Seriously SUPER small town?? Cuz even Cripple Creek (population right around 2000 IF THAT) wont do such a thing LOL!
    It's a pretty small county. I often wonder if the cops are ex-Gestapo officers, no offense intended.
    04-15-09 08:15 PM

I give 10.
    04-15-09 09:31 PM

Yeah I really doubt they write 1 over. Too much room 4 error.
    04-15-09 09:32 PM
    I think I fell through the cracks. I move to ga within a year of getting thw ticket and was able to transfer my license. Haven't had any problems with it over the last ten years. But like I said I haven't forgotten about it. And sorry I would love to pm u for the number but lol I don't know how. Still a BB virgin

614-752-7500 is the phone number to the Ohio DMV
    04-15-09 10:47 PM
    Say you work for police fire or ems. What are your chances of getting out of a ticket lol?

04-16-09 01:02 PM
    Say you work for police fire or ems. What are your chances of getting out of a ticket lol?

Police: Good Fire/Rescue: Depends on my mood.
    04-16-09 01:53 PM
    Police: Good Fire/Rescue: Depends on my mood.
    What about Military? And is VSP for Virginia State Police?

04-16-09 04:44 PM
    What about Military? And is VSP for Virginia State Police?

Most of my big tickets 90mph+ come from military so no. And Yes it does.
    04-16-09 06:28 PM
    Here's one.

What speed to the normal squad cars top out at? Obviously you're in the states, but over here I reckon it's a 50/50 to get away.

Not that it's ever happened but if I were clocked doing more than 100MPH (137MPH being my current high score) I know that my licence is already gone; instant disqualification.

With that in mind I've always said that I would just put the food down and go for it hoping there was no chopper in the air.
    04-16-09 06:46 PM
997 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD