View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    lol he probably has no drivers license, insurance, and is stoned all day gets pulled over all the time for no brake lights and then gets arrested for possession lmao
    AMEN to that! LMAO!
    04-13-09 12:34 PM
    DV I don't mind as much because the kids are not typically involved or around.
    Must be just where you're at....Seems about 50% (rough Guess though) of the DV's that happen in my neck of the woods, The Kids are Either at home, or are the one's that call Us...
    04-13-09 12:36 PM
    Well, whats your favorite part of your job? There has to be some motivation to go to work in the morning.
    I have to agree with VSP. Everyday is different. Yeah we may work traffic stops, but everyone of those is different. No two calls are ever the same.

I've worked other jobs. I left Law Enforcement to do something different for a change once. I'll never do that again. It was the same thing everyday I went in. I decided I'm definately not the one for the 9-5 office job.

I love the challenge of not knowing what is in store for my day. That's my motivation to go to work.
    04-13-09 12:39 PM
    what's the worst part of your job?
    To be completely honost with you... Sometimes it is just simply putting on the uniform and going to work that sucks.

We already know the public hates us (not all of you, YET! Wait until we stop you for speeding then you'll hate us).

It stormed here real bad last night... I mean REAL bad.

Who is in it? (not complaining about it, just making a point.)

Ok, here is my point...

There is a TORNADO 4 miles away, we get a call to respond, there is a woman being beaten by her pain in the @$$ husband (DV).

or

"Respond to 123 somewhere street, they've called and said that water is coming into their house"

OK! what do you want me to do about it...

or

It is 2:00am the roads are flooded, REALLY flooded. But, the bar hoppers just had to go to the club... We are standing in the pouring down rain, bluelights flashing, BRIGHT YELLOW rain jacket, flashlights. Trying to stop cars from driving through a flashflood. Here comes Mr. "I'm ok to drive" driving down the street... BAMM! into the back of the police car that is trying to stop traffic. Turns into a rescue to save the man that caused the very accident that he is in.

But you know what... through THICK and THIN... we find a way... We still get up, we put on the uniform, and go out for another beating from the public...

OH! and...

Don't call me... if your house is flooded, nothing I can do...

So, just putting on the uniform in itself sometimes... sucks!

msblueline
    04-13-09 12:44 PM
    I'm REALLY NOT 100% Sure Why I didnt think of this before...BUT because there's only about 5 of us "regular" Cops that often answer your questions on here, I thought I'd Pass on who Are The Cops (if it's not obvious enough) and so forth! SO...By User Name...Here's Who We Have

FIRST off~

MSBlueLine - Kevin, He's our Resident DUI Officer...And No, The MS, DOES NOT stand for Miss or Mrs. It Stands for Mississippi LOL (Your Welcome)

Spartacus802 - Chris, He's A Patrol Officer...Small Town Officer

VSP1140 - Billy, Our Resident State Cop From VA, I'd Call him a Traffic Guru, But He's NOT a Trooper LOL

SouthernGuy0306 - Jeff, He's another small town Officer from Mississippi...He's the Strange one LMAO!

SpeedKuff Tim - Our Resident Cop (Non Gun Carrying Mind you, But They are getting Tasers!) From the UK...Careful of this one..If ya Bug him when he's sleeping...(Time Change) You'll NEVER hear the End of it!

Diesel984 - Nate, While These guys are all Police Officers, Myself and CJ are the Deputies around here...Cj isn't as Active in this Thread...But Occasionaly he is! Im In Colorado, Work for an Agency about 80 Strong...And Pretty Well Known For you That know your History

That's The Crew Folks...There are other Officers on here, But We're the one's who converse with you (The general public) The Most... a Lot of us Have our PIN's posted...And IF you choose to add us, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME FROM CB when you do...That Way, We Know who you are
    04-13-09 12:57 PM
    Actually ... I am a narcotics interdiction officer in Va. (But I know my traffic really good too )
    04-13-09 01:32 PM
    hmm interesting that all the officers are from the states...need a Great White North one the drop by and be able to ask a few questions..... mostly about my stupid noisy neighbors... I mean running a quad in your backyard at 11:30 at night is a little stupid!
    04-13-09 02:44 PM
    hmm interesting that all the officers are from the states...need a Great White North one the drop by and be able to ask a few questions..... mostly about my stupid noisy neighbors... I mean running a quad in your backyard at 11:30 at night is a little stupid!
    LOL! Thanks Crent...We've got a Canadian on the OTHER Thread...Todd out of Ontario, But He's not very active on here...
    04-13-09 03:00 PM
    haha that was a good response from everyone. How about this one;

Do a lot of people get all nervous and shaky when you pull them over? I know I do haha!

I got pulled over last week for the first time. I drove for two years without ever being caught and then out of no where! (I ran a stop sign)..oops.
    04-13-09 03:30 PM
    I have stopped people from young to old. Very few of them have been nervous or shaky. If they have been they were hiding it pretty well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 03:44 PM
    I got pulled over last week for the first time. I drove for two years without ever being caught and then out of no where! (I ran a stop sign)..oops.
    You know how that sounds?
    "I was breaking the law and got away with it for 2 years. Then I got pulled for beng careless."

Well, tough. Learning is the process of making the same mistake once. If you learn not to run stop signs it was worth getting stopped instead of killed or killing someone else.
    04-13-09 05:38 PM
    My question = Is this just another day at the office>>??

04-13-09 05:46 PM
    Is it deja vu or have I seen that picture before? LOL

04-13-09 05:48 PM
    Is it deja vu or have I seen that picture before? LOL

I think we all have seen that picture before..lol
    04-13-09 05:49 PM
    That looks like it was either taken in a mall or an airport. I'm leaning towards airport though.

04-13-09 05:55 PM
    does the radar antenna really shape, form, transmitt, and recieve microwave energy?
    04-13-09 08:08 PM
    In order to conserve space and allow a better explaination.....

Radar gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-13-09 08:14 PM
    here's a question for all the cops helping Diesel here, what kinda call do you most dislike coming too? noise complaints? domestic disturbances?
    Murder and rape are the biggest pains in the a$sez! Too much paperwork, vouchering all the crap from the scene... Bloody clothes, bed sheets, etc. A lot of waiting around, when you are just trying to go home! With the rapes you have to go sit in the hospital a long time to do the rape kit and deal with the c/v all hysterical. Domestic disputes are annoying when they call all the time over stupid BS if nobody got hurt, but at least you can go there and tell them not to call back again unless they are looking to get locked up... Kind of hard to *hit can murders and rapes, lol. That is unless it's crackhead o crackhead rape. In which case it probably started out as a sexual favor for money gone bad... So "no complainant, no crime"!

04-14-09 01:35 AM
    Well, whats your favorite part of your job? There has to be some motivation to go to work in the morning.
    The paycheck... That's about it. That's my only motivation for going to work everyday. I wish I could win the NY Megamillions 160 million jackpot, so I could say #u*k it! I'll take my shield and throw it at the C/O's desk at the precinct and make it stick like a chinese star Shaft style, lol.

04-14-09 01:54 AM
    I hate going to bs domestic disturbance calls. The ones where 2 people are just arguing and one wants the other to leave so they call the police and then get mad at us because we can't make them leave.

I don't mind handling real domestic violence cases where someone goes to jail because on those you are really helping out the victim.

04-14-09 01:57 AM
    My question = Is this just another day at the office>>??

Something wrong with D and D?... Where do you get your coffee? Walk your little yorkie down to starbucks and pop open your laptop to surf the web while listening to some easy listening crap while you wait on a cappuccino with extra cream and a touch of hazelnut do ya?... America runs on Dunkin.

04-14-09 01:58 AM
    The paycheck... That's about it.

I need to move up there, cause my paycheck wont buy an anorexic dog supper
    04-14-09 07:12 AM
    I hate going to bs domestic disturbance calls. The ones where 2 people are just arguing and one wants the other to leave so they call the police and then get mad at us because we can't make them leave.

I don't mind handling real domestic violence cases where someone goes to jail because on those you are really helping out the victim.

I dont know about there, but here I can and have made one party leave the residence for a specified time period.
    04-14-09 07:14 AM
    Yes We do...We have to have probable cause to pull ya over...We Dont need a reason to run your plate though
    Actually we only need "Reasonable Suspicion" to pull you over.

We Need Probable Cause to arrest you!!!

Come on Guy, your a cop you should know THIS!!!
    04-14-09 07:32 AM
    does the radar antenna really shape, form, transmitt, and recieve microwave energy?
    Yes it Does
    04-14-09 07:33 AM
997 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD