View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    okay i was watching chappelle show a while back and there was this one skit where the guy got shot in his leg and they said it was smart because shooting above the waist it called attempted murder.....is it true that if you shoot someone below the waist it aint attempted murder? O_O
    Doesn't matter where you injure a person. If you use a weapon that can cause serious boldily injury or death, you will be charged (here) with aggravated assault. And if they die, murder.

As stated earlier..depending on if it is in self defense.
    04-08-09 01:06 PM
    You all can comment as you wish...We've Lost more of our Brothers...

04-08-09 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the help guys .

Who would steal a U haul truck and how would you in the first place?
    That My friend...Is what We Call Job Security
    04-08-09 05:45 PM
    Diesel I am sorry to hear of your fallen brothers. I pray for them every day and for there families.
    04-09-09 05:33 AM
    Diesel, sorry to hear about the loss of more officers...

I Heard a phrase as a kid..."The Blue Wall" talking about the wall of officers that came to mourn in their uniforms... I know cops still go to show their support, just wondering if the phrase is still used or was it just something a writer made up?
    04-09-09 11:26 PM
    Diesel I am sorry to hear of your fallen brothers. I pray for them every day and for there families.
    I appreciate That, As do the rest of my Fellow Officers...Thank You
    04-10-09 07:31 AM
    Diesel, sorry to hear about the loss of more officers...

I Heard a phrase as a kid..."The Blue Wall" talking about the wall of officers that came to mourn in their uniforms... I know cops still go to show their support, just wondering if the phrase is still used or was it just something a writer made up?
    It's Really not the "Blue Wall" Anymore...We're on the "Thin Blue Line" It Just seems to Fit better...

Thank You for the Appology, Sadly...There's nothing that can bring our Brothers back...
    Nate
    04-10-09 07:32 AM
    Okay....We're loosing the thread to page 2!! There has to be others w questions! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:25 PM
    I have been reading this thread since it started. Thank you to all of the Law, Fire, and Emergency folks for all that you do!!! FORTUNATELY I've had dealings with all of you and appreciate the job you do!!! And I do say FORTUNATELY because if not for you, I may not have a house, due to fire, which we still live in. I may still live in an area that is not so desirable, due to crime. I still live in the same place, and it is very desirable now. Most importantly may not have my wife, due to medical emergency, now she is healthier than ever.

So BIG BIG BIG THANKS to Everyone who has helped us out and to all of you who are helping others out.

I have some questions and some stories on both sides of the law, so if this thread keeps going I look forward to contributing and asking questions.
    04-12-09 12:10 AM
    why do cops have to ride your butttt with their highbeams on! i got followed for several miles doing the speed limit and wasnt even drinking or nothing. he was on my like flys on s----. this happens all the time.
    04-12-09 12:23 AM
    Do you know how many miles an hour over the speed limit you have to be going for the radar cameras to snap your picture?
    04-12-09 01:50 AM
    Here's a legitimate question for you... (this actually happened)...

Three cars travelling along on the highway and a cop rolls up behind the first one. Stays there for about 2 minutes and changes lanes to the next and the same for the third before speeding ahead.

He/she was obviously running the plates, but for what reason?
    The supreme court has said that there is no expectation of privacy on a license plate. I can run any tag for any reason I choose to. I dont have to have a reason. I cannot use the information I receive outside of criminal justice purposes but I dont need a reason to run your tag. It's my job.
    04-12-09 11:46 PM
    Do you know how many miles an hour over the speed limit you have to be going for the radar cameras to snap your picture?
    Every locality sets the speed differently. Most likely its around 7-8 mph over.
    04-12-09 11:47 PM
    Thats Fine Bud, But WHY do you dislike us? Seriously...Im curious to know what it is about Cops that you DONT like...
    lol he probably has no drivers license, insurance, and is stoned all day gets pulled over all the time for no brake lights and then gets arrested for possession lmao
    04-12-09 11:54 PM
    why do cops have to ride your butttt with their highbeams on! i got followed for several miles doing the speed limit and wasnt even drinking or nothing. he was on my like flys on s----. this happens all the time.

Couple of things. Obviously there is something that attracts cops to your car. I routinely follow cars for miles (even if they aren't doing anything wrong.) If I don't like a car or it peaks my curiosity then I look for violations and I stop it. If there isn't anything wrong, I dont stop it and let it go on its way. Get use to it. There is no crime in following another car. Its our job.
    04-12-09 11:55 PM
    here's a question for all the cops helping Diesel here, what kinda call do you most dislike coming too? noise complaints? domestic disturbances?
    04-13-09 09:25 AM
    I hate going to calls where others think I am supposed to raise tjheir kids. It is called out as a domestic, but then dispatch says... "A dispute between a mother and her 10 year old son" really... I mean REALLY! A fricking 10 year old. Get the damn belt and beat his @$$.

Stepping down...

Those are the calls I hate.

msblueline

04-13-09 09:44 AM
    Any time one of your own is screaming over the radio is the worst...by far

04-13-09 09:50 AM
    I don't have much to add to Crent's question...But the worst I've come across has to be a DV in progress...

In the jail, has to be a Fight in progress...When you've got 3 or 4 deputies on, running into a pod with 50 inmates...You're DAMN right I'm not playing fair!

04-13-09 11:23 AM
    The calls I dislike the most are child custody/parental dispute calls. DV I don't mind as much because the kids are not typically involved or around.

04-13-09 11:55 AM
    what's the worst part of your job?
    04-13-09 12:05 PM
    what's the worst part of your job?
    There are many aspects of our job that are bad. One could say it's having to knock on the door of a 16 y/o driver who was killed in a crash and tell his parents that their only child won't be coming home anymore. Others will say its hearing your shift partner scream for help and you getting to him, only to find out you were too late. There are many aspects that will drive a police officer to alcohol or suicide. There are far more bad things in this job than there are good.
    04-13-09 12:12 PM
    Well, whats your favorite part of your job? There has to be some motivation to go to work in the morning.
    04-13-09 12:23 PM
    Well, whats your favorite part of your job? There has to be some motivation to go to work in the morning.
    The motivation I have really has nothing to do with what I like or dislike about my CAREER, I look at it as simple as this...I Know I'm going to work...To do a "job" that a LOT of people aren't cut out for doing...I know that at the end of the day, I'm going to go home alive and to my wife...

If I had to pick a favorite part...It's arresting people that come in for Visitation (on the days we have visitation) at my Jail...You know, The one's that KNOWINGLY come into a secure facility with an active Warrant or a Suspended Drivers License...I always get a Kick out of that...I realize it sounds mean, But it amuses me...Just the logic of it that doesnt make any sense
    04-13-09 12:32 PM
    Sure there is. Its the thrill of what the day will bring. No day is ever the same as the next. Whether its stopping a drunk driver from killing someone or for me, its stopping a car and getting a couple of pounds of weed or kilos of coke. There is a lot that makes my job awesome
    04-13-09 12:33 PM
997 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD