View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Not a fan of cops for one reason and one reason only.

The CROOKED ones, im not pointing this to cops in generals but from one citizen to another, you're all the same and have to do your job properly.

I've witnessed illegal arrests, illegal BEATINGS, marijuana growing, drug abuse, rudeness, profiling 5'0 and there's much much more.

I know there are the good cops around but there's no way to justify the crooked ones.

Not a fan and can live without em.

OK I HAVE TO CHIME IN NOW.
    I am currently on my way to become a cop, have my BA in Criminal Justice and am halfway through my Masters for Criminal Justice. So because of this I feel I have the ability to answer some of these questions... ANYWAY, your comment above makes me laugh. You don't like Cops because of the things you have listed. So TECHNICALLY, can't cops say they don't like you because some of the people who do Illegal things?
    03-31-09 09:29 PM
    1) can a cop pull you over for yelling profanities out the window?

2) can a cop pull you over if (when the light turns green) you accelerate rapidly, BUT don't go over the speed limit?
    03-31-09 09:40 PM

2) can a cop pull you over if (when the light turns green) you accelerate rapidly, BUT don't go over the speed limit?
    #2 is yes...ive been pulled over for it....excessive speed or something like that.

edit
    maybe excessive use of acceleration? i cant remember what it was called
    03-31-09 09:49 PM
    1) Maybe
    2) Maybe

It may be reasonable to stop a vehicle to check the driver out in either circumstance. The officer may suspect a DUI or other offense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 09:49 PM
    I'm NOT in law enforcement, but likely for the second one, and a sold maybe on the profanity. Rapid acceleration could get you a ticket for reckless driving, stunting, imprudent driving, or at a stretch... Street racing and all the fun that goes with it! I'd like an official response to see how close I am...

03-31-09 10:01 PM
    #2 is yes...ive been pulled over for it....excessive speed or something like that.

edit
    maybe excessive use of acceleration? i cant remember what it was called
    Got this a few times when I was a teenager with my '70 Mustang, . They called it Exhibition of Speed - but I think they can also get you for Reckless if you're out of control.

03-31-09 10:02 PM
    thats ridiculous -_-
    03-31-09 10:03 PM
    I'm NOT in law enforcement, but likely for the second one, and a sold maybe on the profanity. Rapid acceleration could get you a ticket for reckless driving, stunting, imprudent driving, or at a stretch... Street racing and all the fun that goes with it! I'd like an official response to see how close I am...

In my jurisdiction it would be unreasonable to hammer someone for reckless driving just for rapid acceleration from a stoplight. Checking the driver out and a verbal warning would be most appropiate.

That is a professional opinion. Now if you do a burnout across the intersection that is a different thing.

03-31-09 10:09 PM
    Exhibition of Speed here in Colorado...12 point ticket, Buh Bye License! And often a trip to the jail...
    Yes, We can pull ya over for yelling profanities out the window...Its classified under Road rage...

SWAT...where are ya out of? I know I've seen ya in the other thread, Just loosing my mind!

BBM it!
    pin:24861a8c
    Nate

03-31-09 11:56 PM
    Guy behind me today turned after the light was really red, like i was under the light while yellow and it turned red so i went...then he followed while an officer was sitting right there, he got pulled over, I laughed at his stupidity
    04-01-09 12:15 AM
    What kind of meat puppet started this thread? I'm a cop in NYC, and nothing bothers me more than the many stupid questions people ask you when they find out you're a cop. That's most of the reason I just tell people I work for sanitation, lol.

04-01-09 07:06 AM
    What kind of meat puppet started this thread?
    I Started it...And So Far, It's been rather interesting to SEE the questions people are asking. Not sure about the rest of the Cops on here, But Calling another Cop a "Meat Puppet" Is a freeking Joke...REGARDLESS

I'm a cop in NYC, and nothing bothers me more than the many stupid questions people ask you when they find out you're a cop. That's most of the reason I just tell people I work for sanitation, lol.
    No Offense Brother...It was started JUST for that reason...Not so much of the Stupid Questions, Or the Things people say...But For them To Ask Cops Questions They NORMALLY Wouldnt get to ask...I dont Care what people ask, and as a Deputy, I'll answer them to the Best of my ability, as will the rest of the Cops that CHOOSE to answer these questions on here..
    04-01-09 07:20 AM

1) Here it would be a Notice to Appear for public profanity.

2) Wouldnt be Reckless Driving here, but it would be Careless Driving.
    04-01-09 12:12 PM
    Somebody else was talking about PA state troopers pulling over people driving from Deleware to PA.

My question is this.

Is it illegal to cross a state border with unopened alcohol in the car? That sounds ridiculous to me.
    04-01-09 12:57 PM
    Somebody else was talking about PA state troopers pulling over people driving from Deleware to PA.

My question is this.

Is it illegal to cross a state border with unopened alcohol in the car? That sounds ridiculous to me.
    I Dont know about that one...I think you might end up loosing your booze because of the Tax issue...But Im not 100% sure
    04-01-09 06:48 PM
    Have you seen some of the questions.

I don't know if they're questions or give aways, like the "green" in the sunroof. I mean really...

msblueline

haha, yeah I saw that. Too funny.

Which reminds me, have y'all (LEO's) seen the Reef sandals?There's a pair called the "Dram" that has a flask in them and the "Stash" for, you guessed it, storing your stash.
    Google them.
    04-02-09 06:21 AM
    Those are Pretty interesting! Kinda makes me glad I don't live near the ocean! LOL Just another place for our customers to hide something...I still think the sunroof was the best so far LOL

04-02-09 09:48 AM
    Those are Pretty interesting! Kinda makes me glad I don't live near the ocean! LOL Just another place for our customers to hide something...I still think the sunroof was the best so far LOL

No kidding, and the funny part is they dont think we know about them lol. Like the guy I found the dope inside the frame member behind the firewall. Its really easy to find, youve looked at it a thousand times, probably just didnt know what your looking for
    04-02-09 01:17 PM
    04-02-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the good laugh, I needed it
    04-02-09 07:49 PM
    HAHA, When I was younger I hated cops. Not to the gansgta level like some but more to the regular level that kids hate them in. I used to deal with cops mainly when driving. I'm specifically referring to a time when it was 9pm and I'm driving home from the mall, which is about 3 miles from my house, and I got pulled over for "speeding". I rarely speed, I rarely break the laws of the road. I hate getting in trouble with the law so I obeyed. But being Latino, I know there's a prejudice/stereotype that I must live with from time to time.

Anyway, it seems every time I got pulled over for random BS, the interaction between the cop and I always started off with the cop treating me like a thugg. They talked down to me and assumed that I was one of the thuggish Latino's that they were probably used to dealing with. I would always have to raise my voice and say "Sir, Im a good person, Im not them thuggs you're used to dealing with!" in addition to more "snap out of it cop! I'm not going to disrespect you" gibberish and the cop would then start talking to me like a respectable person.

Either way, while a student at UCLA, my Hispanic friends told me that they've had better luck with cops after they put their "UCLA ALUMNI" license plate frame on. I took their advice when I graduated. Since 2005 when I graduated, I have NOT been pulled over.. Im on a 3-4 year streak!! woot!.. go bruins!

And on a side note, Im from Long Beach, and all my thugggg a** friends from High School, the ones who had parole officers and stuff, all became cops. Every Single one of them.. and I mean EVERY! I dont get it.. but that's how it is in LB. BLAH!

ps. sorry for the long rant.. I vented a tiny bit. (sorry for the typos, wrote it in 3 mins..)
    Last edited by dannieloco; 04-02-09 at 08:27 PM.
    04-02-09 08:22 PM
    haha, yeah I saw that. Too funny.

Which reminds me, have y'all (LEO's) seen the Reef sandals?There's a pair called the "Dram" that has a flask in them and the "Stash" for, you guessed it, storing your stash.
    Google them.
    WTF.. hahaha
    04-02-09 08:24 PM
    Are "they" bashing away in this one... or are "you"?

It seems that ''you'' created this thread, posted as many bashings as possible. From what I read, most, if not all...except you, are actually in defense of the cops.

Then, you post it here. For what reason? So that we can see you posted a cop bashing thread.

I do have (2) two questions for you.

1. Why would you create a thread, bashing police officers, then post it here, claiming "they're bashing away in this one" when it is actually "you" doing the bashing?

2. Who are "they"?

NOTE: This is in no way meant to be rude towards you Abraham. If you take it as being rude, that is not my intent.

I will say though, I am not going to reply in that thread, because it will just be a waste of my time.

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 04-03-09 at 08:17 AM.
    04-03-09 08:08 AM
    hahaha....im not bashing cops in it, im pointing out their flaws.....two different things.....
    04-03-09 11:03 AM
    I too looked at the other thread. It seems like the only person who had anything negative to say was Abraham. I was glad to see how many people on CB did not play into the comments but give positive comments and examples of our profession. Thank you to those that support us!
    04-03-09 03:53 PM
997 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD