View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    You've been drinking and you get pulled over:

If you blow and fail you have no defense.
    If you don't blow a good lawyer might be able to get a lesser charge than DUI.
    True?
    OK, here is what you need to know.

"You have the right to refuse the intoxilyzer test which is being offered to determine your breath alcohol content. Should you elect to refuse your drivers license and or driving privelage to operate a motor vehicle upon the public streets and highways of this state shall be suspended for (90) ninety days if it's your first violation or for (1) one year if you've been previously convicted of a violation section 63-11-30 MS code of 1972."

You can read that. That is what we tell our DUI's that we arrest.

As far as a lawyer getting you off. I don't know... Is she cute... Just kidding

Legal advise is meant for just that LAWYERS. They handle to court of law... We are the ones that have the charges against you, sorry, but we're not helping you. We're against you. We want the conviction, not to see you get off.

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 06:53 PM
    Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?

Yes, it is true. If I don't have my engine running, I cannot pull you over. Once I hit the accelerator, I will go no where. I would have to start my car before I could pull you over.

If your question is do I have to be in my car to make a traffic stop, then NO! I can be standing on the side of the road and stop you. I can be across the street, see your infraction, run to my car and chase you down. I don't have to be behind the wheel to make traffic stops.

msblueline

Last edited by msbluelline; 03-28-09 at 07:10 PM.
    03-28-09 07:07 PM
    Lol thank you I've been wondering about some of those. As to having the time I was 16 and was getting even since they always followed me. Lol silly I know. I finally stopped when the cops pulled a prank on me and freaked me put. Cops have a sense of humor that's for sure.

Oh and on another note if some one has donuts deliverd to your car will you accept them?

03-28-09 07:18 PM
    LOL. Thanks for the reply.

i did cry once, not to play on his emotions, but because i was upset. i did end up with just a warning. i think just because he was nice.

You're so sensitive
    03-28-09 07:21 PM
    Are you picking on me again, POE? Sniff sniff...

03-28-09 07:24 PM
    Are you picking on me again, POE? Sniff sniff...

-big hug-
    03-28-09 07:32 PM
    Here's an interesting story:

Its the month of December, about 1 in the afternoon and I just leave my barbershop after getting a fresh cut. Its pretty cold that day so I've got my black skull cap on as well. The barbershop I go to is right outside a 'not so upscale' neighborhood. I've been a patron there for about 10 years and to my knowledge, there have never been problems which required police to visit.

So anyways, I get in my car, buckle up and pull out the parking lot. I notice a local PD unit pull onto the street I'm leaving from. (So we're going opposite directions) I pull out onto the main road and start on my way. So I'm driving, and out the corner of my right eye, I see the patrol car in the parking lot. (Its the lot of the adjacent shopping center and a nice spot to sit and wait for speeders)

I travel about a mile down the road and I see the same patrol car speeding up behind me with the overhead lights on. So I pull over, shut the engine off, and get my documents ready.

Officer walks up, identifies himself and requests my documents. Then he asks me, "Do you know its illegal in the state of NJ to talk on your cellphone while driving?" I respond yes, and he then asks, "Why were you talking on your cellphone?" I reply, "I was not." (He asks the same question 2 more times as if I am going to say yes.) He walks back to the patrol car. (to check my documents I assume)

So I'm sitting there, thinking...'wtf is going on here?' And I'm 100% sure I wasnt on my phone because its in my jeans pocket. How easy is it to access a phone in your jeans pocket while driving without moving around?
    So I pull out my badge for when he comes back.

So he walks back with my documents, and in plain view I am holding my badge. I identify myself and he takes a closer look at my badge. Instantly, he returns my documents, says, "Ok" and walks back to his car. No apology or anything.

I pull off and that's the end of it. I feel that he was totally embarrassed and could not even begin to explain his actions. And if I were not such a nice guy, I would have drove to the station and informed the duty Seargent of the stop.

What would you have done?
    Last edited by Law2138; 03-28-09 at 08:07 PM.
    03-28-09 08:03 PM
    MSBlueline, Law2138. Any X band radar for you guys? Especially you Law. I heard NJ was one of the last.
    03-28-09 08:07 PM
    X band is still being used in New Jersey.
    03-28-09 08:12 PM
    I did 2 years of "rent a cop" aka security, both in larger cities in Canada. As a result, I had a chance to work with some GREAT officers, and sadly... some NOT so great officers. I have also been pulled over for some traffic stops (speeding) and had other chances to chat with officers.

My experience... When a cop asks if I knew I was speeding, be honest. One time I had a great tune on the radio, and was just rounding an on-ramp onto the highway. I was having a great summer day, and enjoying my car.... double check the rearview after I merge and I see blinking headlights. I glance down at the speedo, and I'm doing 120km/h in a 100 zone. (roughly 75mph in a 60) so I tap the brakes, drop to 100 and wait it out.... Sure enough the cop pulls up on my bumper. Odd though, wig-wags are on but no other lights. So I wait.... and then finally the emergency lights go. I pull over....

long story short, I explained my lead foot situation and got off with a warning!

Anyway, no real question....just a story. I don't hate cops...If I'm talking to one face-to-face, its either a casual chat, or I broke the law and deserve to be having a face to face!

You guys are doing your job, a job that I probably couldn't handle. So PROPS.... I've seen a small taste of the sh*t you guys deal with.... HATS OFF TO THE BOYS IN BLUE!
    03-28-09 08:34 PM
    This one is Simple...And Yes They Can..BUT under circumstances...
    It Truely depends on the Agency, But if a Pursuit started in Say Denver, And Ended up in Fort Collins, Denver PD would Follow The Chase, Along with State and Who ever else joined in along the way...Or at least That's how it would work here Could be different from state to state too though
    Ok well I live in FL and my friend got pulled over because his "tag light was out" in Lee County by a Collier county police officer who then arrested him for DUI...I think he said he blew a .10 obviously 1 beer too many but was vene told by the officer he was driving fine...

Is it legal in this case for him to be brought into Collier County jail and charged in Collier County even though he was never in Collier County?
    03-28-09 09:49 PM
    So I've been hearing about a cop in my area. I live in the heights where not many people go and traffic is low other than people liking to jog up here. There apparently is a female cop in a SUV that has been pulling people over. In fact I can hear the sirens pop for a brief second every so often every day. Couple stories I've heard so far, my next door neighbor got pulled over. My neighbor and his friend were driving along and she had some lady pulled over while standing in the road. They were rolling past and she told my friends to "take her place". She then asked my next door neighbor/friend's license, and then promptly pulled him out of the car right after asking. On the way back he asked what he had done wrong, and she said not having a front license plate. Then walked over to my other friend and asked for his license. He said it was in his gym bag and was pulling it out and she told him to come out and forcibly took him back to her SUV which made him accidentally made him drop his cell phone into the gutter. She asked them a couple questions and they answered while she watched them in the rear view mirror watching their reactions. At one point, a mercedes without a license plate on the front drives by and my ***** friend has to point out that it doesn't have one and she responds, "I chose to pull you over though, didn't I?". She eventually finishes interrogating them and checking their records, and kicks em outta the SUV. Calling out the window, she lets my friend know not to forget his phone in the gutter and drives off.
    03-28-09 10:55 PM
    I understand that sometimes cops have a bad day but I've been hearing these types of stories the past couple weeks from different people who live up here. Seems like shes trying to bust people for cruising up here for smoking weed, but her attitude towards the residents is a bit extreme. She should find out real data before using these insane scare tactics. I'm just hoping that she pull me over so I can write out a full report from a 1st hand experience. All of my friends are too chicken **** and lazy to do such even when mistreated so badly. I've been wanting to become a police officer but every time I hear such stories I wonder if as one I'd have to turn my head to such incidents. What happens if it also occurs higher up? I don't think I could work in such conditions. Anyways, just a rant. I'm sure theres cops out there that feel the same way watching the other shady cops deal out their injustice. But when will they actually get their due?
    03-28-09 11:03 PM
    You've been drinking and you get pulled over:

If you blow and fail you have no defense.
    If you don't blow a good lawyer might be able to get a lesser charge than DUI.
    True?

False....In my state if you refuse to blow, its an automatic DUI Refusal
    03-28-09 11:11 PM
    Some are cool and some are asses

Whats the deal with racial profiling? I was on my way to my parents house which is a mile away from my home, so I was pulling out of my driveway when gang detail passes me on the opposite side of the street. I think nothing of it, so I start my way to my parents house. Next thing I know gang detail is right behind me following me to my parents house. I finally arrive at my parents house, and guess who stops me. I asked them whats up and they said I was being stopped for not using my turn signals on my parents street, which is BS. I was thinking to myself yea right, gang detail cops are not gonna pull me over for a minor traffic stop, and if so why did they start following me right as I pulled out from my street. I know they pulled me over cause i'm mexican (half white also) and have a shaved head. Right away cop says don't worry im not gonna give you a ticket, and then asks for my insurance and registration. At no point does he attempt to call in to run me. He is just writing my info in his note pad, and then starts asking questions insinuating that im a gang member. I told look im not a gangster and I know whats going on, and they denied everything. Both cops were white of course.
    03-28-09 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the DUI info. Not that I would drink and drive, was just curious. Honest, occifer.
    03-28-09 11:38 PM

So he walks back with my documents, and in plain view I am holding my badge. I identify myself and he takes a closer look at my badge. Instantly, he returns my documents, says, "Ok" and walks back to his car. No apology or anything.

I pull off and that's the end of it. I feel that he was totally embarrassed and could not even begin to explain his actions. And if I were not such a nice guy, I would have drove to the station and informed the duty Seargent of the stop.

And if you were just a regular guy your last sentence would be "And I drove away p*ssed off because I had just gotten a ticket for something I didn't do, I could have driven to the station and informed the duty Sargent of the stop but what good would that have done besides given the two something to laugh about over beers later that night."

I think you know that's true. Be honest.

Oh, and my absolute FAVORITE line used by County Cops sitting bored in some NJ park after you've been respectful and polite: "I'd normally give a warning (because this is TRULY some minor horsesh*t infraction) but my discretion is taken away during these certain periods." (ie. the constant "Ticket Blitzes" we are subject to in this lousy state.

And before you say "Then leave..." believe me, I am investigating every avenue.

It's been my experience that MANY cops are in it for the power trip they can lay on people. I know not all are that way and I can even say some that have pulled me over and given me tickets were not, but there are just too many others that are.
    03-28-09 11:41 PM
    I got a question.... I stash my green in the sunroof edge of my car, since you need the key to open the powered sunroof ,can you cops search there legally without a warrant since you need the key like the glove box and trunk, or would you even likely search there? (without reasonable suspicion of course)
    03-29-09 12:10 AM
    Now they will. Lmao

03-29-09 12:41 AM
    I got a question.... I stash my green in the sunroof edge of my car, since you need the key to open the powered sunroof ,can you cops search there legally without a warrant since you need the key like the glove box and trunk, or would you even likely search there? (without reasonable suspicion of course)
    From now on I'm going to make sure I give the sunroof special attention, thanks for the tip
    03-29-09 01:33 AM

So I pull out my badge for when he comes back.

Why did you not identify yourself in the very beginning of the car stop so you culd put the officer at ease?

I would've assumed it was an honest mistake by the officer and done nothing further. Why would you think his Sgt would think it was something else?
    03-29-09 01:37 AM
    Some are cool and some are asses

Whats the deal with racial profiling? I was on my way to my parents house which is a mile away from my home, so I was pulling out of my driveway when gang detail passes me on the opposite side of the street. I think nothing of it, so I start my way to my parents house. Next thing I know gang detail is right behind me following me to my parents house. I finally arrive at my parents house, and guess who stops me. I asked them whats up and they said I was being stopped for not using my turn signals on my parents street, which is BS. I was thinking to myself yea right, gang detail cops are not gonna pull me over for a minor traffic stop, and if so why did they start following me right as I pulled out from my street. I know they pulled me over cause i'm mexican (half white also) and have a shaved head. Right away cop says don't worry im not gonna give you a ticket, and then asks for my insurance and registration. At no point does he attempt to call in to run me. He is just writing my info in his note pad, and then starts asking questions insinuating that im a gang member. I told look im not a gangster and I know whats going on, and they denied everything. Both cops were white of course.
    If you fit the description of typical gang members in the area and the gang unit sees you, of course they're gonna follow you. Once you commit the traffic violation they have reason to stop you and investigate further. You weren't a gang member and were released without even a summons. That's not racial profiling, that's criminal profiling and good police work.
    03-29-09 01:44 AM
    MSBlueline, Law2138. Any X band radar for you guys? Especially you Law. I heard NJ was one of the last.
    Nope, we don't have X, or K band here.

msblueline
    03-29-09 04:37 AM
    Lol thank you I've been wondering about some of those. As to having the time I was 16 and was getting even since they always followed me. Lol silly I know. I finally stopped when the cops pulled a prank on me and freaked me put. Cops have a sense of humor that's for sure.

Oh and on another note if some one has donuts deliverd to your car will you accept them?

What kind of donuts?... Blackberry ...lol

msblueline
    03-29-09 04:43 AM
    I understand that sometimes cops have a bad day but I've been hearing these types of stories the past couple weeks from different people who live up here. Seems like shes trying to bust people for cruising up here for smoking weed, but her attitude towards the residents is a bit extreme. She should find out real data before using these insane scare tactics. I'm just hoping that she pull me over so I can write out a full report from a 1st hand experience. All of my friends are too chicken **** and lazy to do such even when mistreated so badly. I've been wanting to become a police officer but every time I hear such stories I wonder if as one I'd have to turn my head to such incidents. What happens if it also occurs higher up? I don't think I could work in such conditions. Anyways, just a rant. I'm sure theres cops out there that feel the same way watching the other shady cops deal out their injustice. But when will they actually get their due?
    If you are wanting to become a police officer, but don't want to because of the horror stories, then why not become a police officer and become one of the GOOD GUYS.

Don't NOT do something because of something else.

It's like this:

If there is a bowl of apples and one of the apples is bad, then yes, eventually all the apples will go bad...BUT, not if you remove the bad apple!

Also, this is not to say that all the cops will become bad because of one. It is more of the image I am talking about rather than the officers themselves.

I do believe that ALL officers get a bad image because of one tough bad @$$.

In the last (2) two nights, I have been thanked by (5) five people, AFTER giving them a DUI.

They thanked me for treating them like a human being. I talk to them, ask them where they work, make casual conversation.

Just because one had a bad run in with an officer doesn't mean all the officers are the same way.

Understand this also, the public (YOU) have a RIGHT to file a formal complaint against an officer with their supervisor. It will get investigated. (Just remember, we do have cameras, and microphones. The supervisors will pull the video and investigate it. If you are caught filing a FALSE report, you can and might be charged for it. It is AGAINST the law here to file a false report.)

I do believe that not all charges warrant a TOUGH COP image.

I will be nice until I CANNOT be nice anymore. (that means they changed it, not me.)

Be the one who changes the image of the public. Be that police officer you want the public to see. Don't let one officer ruin what you want to do.

msblueline
    03-29-09 05:05 AM
997 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD