View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I love cops! I really do! They're awesome!

03-28-09 12:36 PM
    Since I'm not a cop... if you refuse to blow, they will arrest you and throw you in jail. Some agencies will let you sit, giving you the time to sober up and by the time you do blow, will be back down in the legal limit and therefore can't charge you with DUI.

However, I believe some agencies will find loopholes to make you blow once you get to the station.

But do not quote me on the above... this is all based on what I've heard from a few friends of mine that have been through this scenario and both have had the above examples happen to them.
    Force me to blow??? Waterboarding? Pulling my fingernails out?
    03-28-09 12:38 PM
    Force me to blow??? Waterboarding? Pulling my fingernails out?
    ...Most States have the "Expressed Consent" Law, I'd Google it if ya really want to know what it says as I can't explain it all off the top of my head right now
    Nate
    03-28-09 12:57 PM
    I think what you mean by Expressed Consent is that by driving on a public road, I know and agree to the laws that govern them. Still can't make me blow, though. lol. Any lawyers out there?
    Last edited by MajorMajor; 03-28-09 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo
    03-28-09 01:11 PM
    Actually I really dislike police. They are never around when you are about to get mugged or something. But light up a joint and they pop out from n e where. Since you said we can say what we think I would like to say, and I mean this with ni disrespect, 99 percent of ya are fags. Thanks for that oppurtunity. P.s. Don't ban me for the language

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not to pile on this post but this is just ignorance. Granted, some people who choose to go into the field are the jerks in high school who like to feel powerful, but every single officer I have met went into it for 1 or 2 reasons...1: they truly want to help other people or 2: found a job that fits their skill set. Just like if you found a job where you got paid to get baked all day would you not take it? They're normal people, going to work getting paid 30 grand a year just like most people...only there is a realistic possibility they could get killed doing it on a daily basis. If I went to work thinking if I run across the wrong person I could be dead EVERY DAY, I think I might have a bit of an edge too. And if you're sparking up a joint anywhere NEAR where a cop can see you, you're stupid enough that you deserve what you get.

That being said...to stick with the thread, Diesel...you have a personal piece in addition to work? If so what, I'm in the market and need suggestions.
    03-28-09 01:58 PM
    That being said...to stick with the thread, Diesel...you have a personal piece in addition to work? If so what, I'm in the market and need suggestions.
    A Personal Piece...As in What? Guess Im not quite understanding what you're saying?

If you mean A reason why I started this thread, Of Course...A Lot of people often have questions for cops, and it never hurts to ask...That Being Said, I am a cop...Deputy Sheriff to be specific..That what ya ment?
    03-28-09 02:10 PM
    does it help to cry to get out of a ticket?

also, i used to have a i heart cops bumper sticker, because i do have great respect for them. i took it off bc i think it was seen as sarcastic.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-28-09 at 02:16 PM.
    03-28-09 02:13 PM
    A Personal Piece...As in What? Guess Im not quite understanding what you're saying?

If you mean A reason why I started this thread, Of Course...A Lot of people often have questions for cops, and it never hurts to ask...That Being Said, I am a cop...Deputy Sheriff to be specific..That what ya ment?
    I meant weapon, sorry.
    03-28-09 02:15 PM
    I meant weapon, sorry.
    I Carry the Smith and Wesson M&P .40SW as my duty Weapon
    03-28-09 03:09 PM
    does it help to cry to get out of a ticket?

also, i used to have a i heart cops bumper sticker, because i do have great respect for them. i took it off bc i think it was seen as sarcastic.
    I Can't speak for all officers, But seeing that on a car can be seen as scarcasam, For some it shows support....Just Depends

as far as crying goes...I hate to be the *** here, But if ya get pulled over...for speeding...You're probably going to get a ticket anyways
    03-28-09 03:13 PM
    I voted the first option in that I've had a few run-ins with cops... most, honestly, have been pricks. But there have also been the few that have been completely cool and down-to-earth.

My experience with the police doesn't change my respect for the profession at all. I very much respect cops and the fact they put their lives on the line everyday to protect citizens.
    03-28-09 03:19 PM
    LOL. Thanks for the reply.

i did cry once, not to play on his emotions, but because i was upset. i did end up with just a warning. i think just because he was nice.

i don't get pulled over often but when i have it was for valid reasons. i voted for i like cops.

03-28-09 03:45 PM
    Ok I should clarify a couple of my questions. If a cop is stationed with his engine off can he still pull you over? And the other cops don't always ask you that. I was once told if you asked the cop how fast you were going according to their radar the had to give you a ticket

03-28-09 03:46 PM
    My self I think cops or good but their are some that are just....well I will leave that one alone But I have a cousin who is a cop and he pretty cool and not because he is my cousin ether
    03-28-09 03:54 PM
    LOL. Thanks for the reply.

i did cry once, not to play on his emotions, but because i was upset. i did end up with just a warning. i think just because he was nice.

i don't get pulled over often but when i have it was for valid reasons. i voted for i like cops.

That's because more than likely, you treated the officer with Respect...WTG!
    03-28-09 03:58 PM
    Ok I should clarify a couple of my questions. If a cop is stationed with his engine off can he still pull you over? And the other cops don't always ask you that. I was once told if you asked the cop how fast you were going according to their radar the had to give you a ticket

Yes...Even if he/she has his engine off, We Can STILL pull you over...If a Cop doesnt mention how fast you were going, Of Course you can ask...May make him mad, as that's something you should know...Unless you're too busy messing with your Berry and Driving :P
    03-28-09 04:00 PM
    My self I think cops or good but their are some that are just....well I will leave that one alone But I have a cousin who is a cop and he pretty cool and not because he is my cousin ether
    Well Said...Some Are Rude, Some Aren't...Just depends on the Cop I guess
    03-28-09 04:04 PM
    Does any one still use X band radar?
    03-28-09 04:09 PM
    That's because more than likely, you treated the officer with Respect...WTG!
    Of course i did. He was doing his job, well, and they're authority figures.

03-28-09 04:33 PM
    Of course i did. He was doing his job, well, and they're authority figures.

If Only MORE of the public thought like you!
    03-28-09 04:40 PM
    I dont beleive so...But I could be Wrong on this one...
    03-28-09 04:40 PM
    Well, sorry for the late entry into the thread here. Busy Saturday you know. So here we go.....

Is it true you have a quota?
    Acutally quotas have been ruled illegal. Writing tickets is a portion of most officer's evaluation. It's just like any other job, i.e. how many cars did a salesman sell each month, how many apprehensions did a loss prevention person have each month. There are performance standards. We can't go in and do nothing for our entire shift. Then what would the taxpayers say!?

If you ask a cop how fast you were going do they have to give you a ticket?
    During my contact on traffic stops, I inform the driver how fast I checked them on radar. I've got nothing to hide during my stop. Your attitude, past driving record, road conditions, and many things make my decision on whether or not you get a ticket.

Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?
    I've never heard this one before. Maybe that's a new gas saver policy? I'd rather leave my car running so if I have to get going that's one less thing I have to worry about.

And how long can you follow a car(s) before you're supposed to leave us alone?
    I guess I can follow a car until either you or I run out of gas.

If you the cop is being followed by a car what's procedure on this?
    If you have that much time to follow me around, we are hiring.
    03-28-09 04:42 PM
    We use the K and Ka Band radar units.
    03-28-09 04:44 PM
    Haha... that made me chuckle.
    03-28-09 04:55 PM
    Well, sorry for the late entry into the thread here. Busy Saturday you know. So here we go.....
    Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?
    I've never heard this one before. Maybe that's a new gas saver policy? I'd rather leave my car running so if I have to get going that's one less thing I have to worry about.

If you the cop is being followed by a car what's procedure on this?
    If you have that much time to follow me around, we are hiring.
    Well Said Chris! 'bout time someone Else joined in! LOL!! Definately thinking it may be a Gas Saver policy...Was the first time I've heard that as well..
    03-28-09 05:05 PM
997 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD