View Poll Results: Why Do you NOT Like Cops?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Had a Bad Expierence At one point, where a cop was completely Rude to me for no reason

29 23.77%
  • I Just dont Like cops...

11 9.02%
  • I have reasons...(Please, Share them below..No Judgement passed by us)

15 12.30%
  • I Like Cops, I've never had a problem with them

66 54.10%
  • Other - (Please explain again in a Reply)

8 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    We'll leave this one open for discussion, and see how many of you ACTUALLY want to ask a Cop a Question!

WHILE there are many of you on here that really dont care for Police, sometimes...People have questions, and That's what We'll leave this one up to..

Please Note Though, We WILL NOT run you through NCIC/CCIC to see if you have any Warrants out for your arrest, We WILL NOT run your Friends...And Certainly WILL NOT Provide you with ANY SORT of legal Advice...

Ask Anything you'd Like, Post your Oppinion about Police here if you feel the Need to, Regardless...There's Plenty of Police Officers (including myself) That will answer any questions presented...Within Reason of course!

Be Safe, And Ask Away!
    03-28-09 10:15 AM
    What's your favorite donut???

(Hahahaha... sorry Nate, had to.)

This actually has potential to be a great thread. Hopefully people will utilize it.
    03-28-09 10:35 AM
    as if we needed cops tailing us on crackberry threads too. Big brother is watching for sure.
    03-28-09 10:35 AM
    Actually I really dislike police. They are never around when you are about to get mugged or something. But light up a joint and they pop out from n e where. Since you said we can say what we think I would like to say, and I mean this with ni disrespect, 99 percent of ya are fags. Thanks for that oppurtunity. P.s. Don't ban me for the language

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 10:41 AM
    Actually I really dislike police.
    That's ok, you're allowed to

They are never around when you are about to get mugged or something.

Well if YOU know when you're about to get mugged or something, call the cops... Or if you don't know, how can they?

But light up a joint and they pop out from n e where.
    Don't light up a joint, or maybe just light one up when you're about to get "Mugged or something"

Since you said we can say what we think I would like to say, and I mean this with ni disrespect, 99 percent of ya are fags.
    No problem matey, we have our own opinions of many of our clients as well And what's wrong with fags? I often smoke 20 a day....

So what was the question?
    03-28-09 11:11 AM
    And what's wrong with fags? I often smoke 20 a day....
    Hahaaha... I wonder if he'll get that. Awesome!!!
    03-28-09 11:17 AM
    Actually I really dislike police.
    Thats Fine Bud, But WHY do you dislike us? Seriously...Im curious to know what it is about Cops that you DONT like...
    03-28-09 11:22 AM
    What's your favorite donut???
    Cop Food...LOL! I Dont actucally Eat Donut's...Never was very fond of them LOL! BUT, I Appreciate the Thought!! HONESTLY...Id Rather Be Eating a Porterhouse Steak...Right around the 40oz mark! Or Crawfish Tails!
    03-28-09 11:23 AM
    Crawfish tales are awesome, i can eat a few buckets of boiled crawfish, delicious...
    03-28-09 11:26 AM
    Here's a legitimate question for you... (this actually happened)...

Three cars travelling along on the highway and a cop rolls up behind the first one. Stays there for about 2 minutes and changes lanes to the next and the same for the third before speeding ahead.

He/she was obviously running the plates, but for what reason?
    03-28-09 11:33 AM
    I like this thread, i've grown up around Law Enforcement my whole life, BTW, police don't need a reason to run your plate or pull you over...
    03-28-09 11:35 AM
    I like this thread, i've grown up around Law Enforcement my whole life, BTW, police don't need a reason to run your plate or pull you over...
    Yes We do...We have to have probable cause to pull ya over...We Dont need a reason to run your plate though
    03-28-09 11:38 AM
    I have a question...

Are local PD allowed to pull you over and cite you outside their city limits?
    Likewise are county sheriffs allowed outside their county?
    And State troopers outside their state?

Does this all depend on which state you live in?

03-28-09 11:38 AM
    Here's a legitimate question for you... (this actually happened)...

Three cars travelling along on the highway and a cop rolls up behind the first one. Stays there for about 2 minutes and changes lanes to the next and the same for the third before speeding ahead.

He/she was obviously running the plates, but for what reason?
    Several Reasons~
    The Vehicles COULD have matched a description of those previously Stolen, He/she could have been checking that the plate matches the vehicle, and or looking for something out of the ordinary when driving behind the vehicles...It happens a lot actucally
    03-28-09 11:46 AM
    I have a question...

Are local PD allowed to pull you over and cite you outside their city limits?
    Likewise are county sheriffs allowed outside their county?
    And State troopers outside their state?

Does this all depend on which state you live in?

This one is Simple...And Yes They Can..BUT under circumstances...
    It Truely depends on the Agency, But if a Pursuit started in Say Denver, And Ended up in Fort Collins, Denver PD would Follow The Chase, Along with State and Who ever else joined in along the way...Or at least That's how it would work here Could be different from state to state too though
    03-28-09 11:47 AM
    Hey nifty thread. I personally don't have anything against police so long as they're decent people I've only ever met three cops that were absolute a**holes. I get pulled over a lot for speeding/racing and such but I've found most cops are decent people. I do have a few questions though.

Is it true you have a quota?

If you ask a cop how fast you were going do they have to give you a ticket?

Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?

And how long can you follow a car(s) before you're supposed to leave us alone?

If you the cop is being followed by a car what's procedure on this?

Just somethings I'm a bit curious on, the last one I ask because in some states it's illegal to follow cop cars but in mine it's not and I've gotten some interesting responses from officers
    Last edited by ginya-san; 03-28-09 at 11:49 AM. Reason: wording
    03-28-09 11:48 AM
    Fantastic!
    Thanks so far for the questions You have been asking! Im actucally more than happy to answer questions that are within my limits...However, there are a Bunch of other Cops on here too that will chime in from time to time...Hopefully, We Can answer SOME of your questions...But Please remember, We Cannot give you any sort of legal advice
    Nate
    03-28-09 11:51 AM
    Hey nifty thread. I personally don't have anything against police so long as they're decent people I've only ever met three cops that were absolute a**holes. I get pulled over a lot for speeding/racing and such but I've found most cops are decent people. I do have a few questions though.

Is it true you have a quota?

If you ask a cop how fast you were going do they have to give you a ticket?

Is it true if you don't have your engine running you can't pull us over?

And how long can you follow a car(s) before you're supposed to leave us alone?

If you the cop is being followed by a car what's procedure on this?

Just somethings I'm a bit curious on, the last one I ask because in some states it's illegal to follow cop cars but in mine it's not and I've gotten some interesting responses from officers
    There are Some of these I CANT Answer...Perhaps I can get Kevin, Chris or CJ to chime in here...

1. Quota - Some Do, Some Dont...Depends on the Agency

2. If you're pulled over for speeding, You'll be told by the officer who contacts you how fast you were going...Does that make Sense?

3. If you're parked...We Can still contact you to make sure everything is okay...

The other Two, I Really have no answer for to be completely Honest...
    03-28-09 11:54 AM
    This one is Simple...And Yes They Can..BUT under circumstances...
    It Truely depends on the Agency, But if a Pursuit started in Say Denver, And Ended up in Fort Collins, Denver PD would Follow The Chase, Along with State and Who ever else joined in along the way...Or at least That's how it would work here Could be different from state to state too though
    OK now say you are driving in Ft Collins, and Denver PD pulls up behind you (assuming you aren't in your cruiser), is he allowed to pull you over and cite you, or are their jurisdiction (sp?) that would not allow him to cite you, or would he have to call in local PD to right the actual citation?

And if he did call in local PD, how could that officer right a citation of an infraction (say speeding, improper lane change, etc) that he didn't actually see?

I have always wondered about these kinds of jurisdiction (again sp?) laws.
    03-28-09 11:56 AM
    There are Some of these I CANT Answer...Perhaps I can get Kevin, Chris or CJ to chime in here...

1. Quota - Some Do, Some Dont...Depends on the Agency

2. If you're pulled over for speeding, You'll be told by the officer who contacts you how fast you were going...Does that make Sense?

3. If you're parked...We Can still contact you to make sure everything is okay...

The other Two, I Really have no answer for to be completely Honest...
    I think in question 2, she's referring to how after initial contact is made, one of the first questions is "Do you know how fast you were going?" The LEO obviously knows how fast you were going but is asking to test your integrity and to see if there's a sense of urgency in your verbal language and body language. Fact of the matter is, you were speeding which is a violation and although you SHOULD technically get a ticket for it, its ultimately up to the cop.

At least that's my guess on it.
    03-28-09 11:58 AM
    Crawfish tales are awesome, i can eat a few buckets of boiled crawfish, delicious...
    They're good for ya! But ya gotta Eat the Whole thing! LOL
    03-28-09 11:59 AM
    You've been drinking and you get pulled over:

If you blow and fail you have no defense.
    If you don't blow a good lawyer might be able to get a lesser charge than DUI.
    True?
    03-28-09 12:13 PM
    You've been drinking and you get pulled over:

If you blow and fail you have no defense.
    If you don't blow a good lawyer might be able to get a lesser charge than DUI.
    True?
    Can't Answer That...Borders on the Grounds of Legal Advice....
    03-28-09 12:22 PM
    Since I'm not a cop... if you refuse to blow, they will arrest you and throw you in jail. Some agencies will let you sit, giving you the time to sober up and by the time you do blow, will be back down in the legal limit and therefore can't charge you with DUI.

However, I believe some agencies will find loopholes to make you blow once you get to the station.

But do not quote me on the above... this is all based on what I've heard from a few friends of mine that have been through this scenario and both have had the above examples happen to them.
    03-28-09 12:35 PM
    I've Added a Poll...Again, after the Fan Club in the "Calling All Cops" Thread, I'm really quite curious as to why people dislike cops so much...We'll keep this thread going, and if you do have questions...Ask away!
    03-28-09 12:35 PM
997 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD