I've gotten a few questions over pm already about best buy so ill start this.

If you got any questions about best buy geek squad or any other related stuff to bby; ill answer as best I can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 08:56 PM
    Commercials we'd like to see.....

05-26-10 02:36 PM
    Why is it that whenever I need help at Best Buy, the employees scatter like cockroaches...but yet when I go to Best Buy just to browse...I get asked "Can I help you?" by no less than 10 employees?
    05-26-10 02:43 PM
    Lol at the commercial.

Sadly there are busy days, and not busy days... if you ever really need help and can't find someone, go to the guy in yellow at the front and ask him your question. He can call someone over to you on the walkie-talkie.

As for us just talking to you a lot, its our job. Contacting a customer is the main way to stop theft, and that may be why we talk to you so much. If you look like you might steal, we are going to get a camera on you and talk as much as we can to distract.

If your not the type of person who looks that way, we are contacting you because our managers keep telling us to.

05-26-10 05:33 PM
    Why is it that when I go to play the Beatles' Rock Band, for four hours, that I get interrupted at least twice a set by some associate asking if I am able to find what I'm looking for? Duh... I'm slappin' da bass!
    05-27-10 12:09 PM
    Lol at the commercial.

Sadly there are busy days, and not busy days... if you ever really need help and can't find someone, go to the guy in yellow at the front and ask him your question. He can call someone over to you on the walkie-talkie.

As for us just talking to you a lot, its our job. Contacting a customer is the main way to stop theft, and that may be why we talk to you so much. If you look like you might steal, we are going to get a camera on you and talk as much as we can to distract.

If your not the type of person who looks that way, we are contacting you because our managers keep telling us to.

Is this some sort of 'profiling'? In new employee orientation do they
    have a slideshow of random people and based on appearance you have to rate each one their likelihood of shoplifting? I would LOVE to know what Best Buy considers what "the type of person who looks that way" looks like. Then I can make sure I look the opposite of, and while Stevens is distracting the entire store with his Rockband high-score freak-out, I can rob the place blind. Mainly as many DVD seasons of The Golden Girls as I can fit in my purse
    05-27-10 12:14 PM
    Is this some sort of 'profiling'? In new employee orientation do they
    have a slideshow of random people and based on appearance you have to rate each one their likelihood of shoplifting?
    Does this look like the face of a kill...errrr... I mean, shoplifter?

05-27-10 12:22 PM
    I can make sure I look the opposite of, and while Stevens is distracting the entire store with his Rockband high-score freak-out, I can rob the place blind. Mainly as many DVD seasons of The Golden Girls as I can fit in my purse
    Jen + Steven = Best Buy Bonnie and Clyde...

Look for episodes of BJ and the Bear, too.
    05-27-10 12:25 PM
    if i got a job there, could i wear like, a red polo? i look good in red. or even green...that brings out the hazel in my eyes!!
    Does this look like the face of a kill...errrr... I mean, shoplifter?

WWBBD????? I know what Jesus will do (someday) but what would Best Buy do?
    Look for episodes of BJ and the Bear, too.
    snag me season one of "the greatest american hero" best theme song EVER!
    05-27-10 12:27 PM
    Why do associates get mad when I open up a box to check out the merchandise? This is especially frustrating when there is not a floor model to mess around with.

Example: There was a killer karaoke machine that I wanted to buy, but there was no floor model to test out. So, I found the one I wanted, opened the box, plugged it in, popped in a burned CD single of Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" and started rappin' Robert Goulet style.

I was promptly shown the exit...

P.S. That machine still has my CD. Who would I go about contacting to get that back? Seeing as I'm not allowed within 100 yards of that location. Damn, court orders...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 05-27-10 at 12:36 PM.
    05-27-10 12:30 PM
    Why do associates get mad when I open up a box to check out the merchandise? This is especially frustrating when there is not a floor model to mess around with.

Example: There was a killer karaoke machine that I wanted to buy, but there was no floor model to test out. So, I found the one I wanted, opened the box, plugged it in, popped in a burned CD single of Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" and started rappin' Robert Goulet style.

I was promptly shown the exit...

P.S. That machine still has my CD. Who would I go about contacting to get that back? Seeing as I'm not allowed within 100 yards of that location. Damn, court orders...
    Robert Goulet was a closet rapper.
    05-27-10 12:38 PM
    How come Best Buys stores dont carry this movie in stock? I asked at 2 Best Buys here in town, and was told it was only available at BestBuy.com
    Do ANY stores carry it? Or does Best Buy corporate think nobody in Iowa would enjoy this classic?

FYI I can order it on Amazon for less than $10
    05-27-10 12:38 PM
    Robert Goulet was a closet rapper.
    Goulet was a closet lots of things...
    05-27-10 12:39 PM
    Lol at the commercial.

Wouldn't that be profiling? That doesn't seem to me like it would make very good business sense.

...and that still doesn't answer my question about why BB floor employees literally run the other way when customers need help. It's not just the one local facility either. It happens a lot at other locations as well.
    05-27-10 12:40 PM
    Wouldn't that be profiling? That doesn't seem to me like it would make very good business sense.

...and that still doesn't answer my question about why BB floor employees literally run the other way when customers need help. It's not just the one local facility either. It happens a lot at other locations as well.
    I can't speak for you and everyone else, but they usually scatter when I show up in my fake mustache and trenchcoat.
    05-27-10 12:44 PM
    I can't speak for you and everyone else, but they usually scatter when I show up in my fake mustache and trenchcoat.
    I would have never guessed it was fake...

05-27-10 12:52 PM
    05-27-10 12:53 PM
    Yeah, what kind of crap is that:

Update: So here's the deal: Best Buy is bundling 6 months of its Ask an Agent and Virus and Spyware Protection packages into the offers. Each would normally cost you an extra $20 ($40 in total) which Best Buy is now giving away for "free" with the inflated price tag. Hey, we're sure you were going to buy those anyway, right?
    05-27-10 02:43 PM
    i want to be pressured into paying $100 for the same quality hdmi cable i can buy online for $7 shipped. can you help me with this?
    05-27-10 04:05 PM
    i want to be pressured into paying $100 for the same quality hdmi cable i can buy online for $7 shipped. can you help me with this?
    BECAUSEYOUNEEDIT!!!
    05-27-10 04:11 PM
    maybe your reputation from hanging out in front of Curves has preceeded you.
    05-27-10 04:45 PM
    I disagree. After working with the public for an extended period of time, you can often sense who is likely to steal by their mannerisms and body language. Profiling involves race, gander, age, or something else concrete. None of that matters as much as how someone acts. This is something I deal with often.
    05-28-10 02:09 AM
    Online prices will always be cheaper. They don't have a store to maintain or (as many) employees to pay. Such is life
    05-28-10 02:10 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD