Thanks Norris. lol
    05-28-10 02:22 AM
    All you can do jordan is offer your help on this thread, if people only want to take it as a joke and post non-sensical questions, then that's on them...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 04:15 AM
    oh well... If anyone has any real questions... i'd still be happy to answer.
    05-28-10 04:53 AM
    Ok, so asking why the dvd of Thank God Its Friday isnt sold in stores isnt a real question?

Here is another real question....

How come as soon as an employee at customer service hears the words 'exchange' or 'return' you can see the horns sprout from their heads? Its fairly common knowledge that many, if not most, Best Buys have the WORST customer service when it comes to returns/exchanges.
    05-28-10 08:52 AM
    I notice the same thing too, but don't care if they sprout horns.

So long as I NEVER have to face the person who sold me the item, I could care less how malevolent they become.

I'm a fierce tiger, rawr.

Cereal, I hate making returns to the person who sold me something.
    05-28-10 09:05 AM
    All you can do jordan is offer your help on this thread, if people only want to take it as a joke and post non-sensical questions, then that's on them...
    nonsensical- non�sen�si�cal (nŏn-sěn'sĭ-kəl)
    adj.
    Lacking intelligible meaning: a nonsensical jumble of words.

Foolish; absurd: nonsensical ideas.

non�sen'si�cal'i�ty (-kāl'ĭ-tē), non�sen'si�cal�ness (-kəl-nĭs) n., non�sen'si�cal�ly adv.

The American Heritage� Dictionary
    05-28-10 09:57 AM
    Define "real"?

These are all viable questions, that I the consumer am curious about.
    05-28-10 10:01 AM
    what's a fake question? do they still end with a "?" ? <----was that a fake question?
    05-28-10 10:09 AM
    I disagree. After working with the public for an extended period of time, you can often sense who is likely to steal by their mannerisms and body language. Profiling involves race, gander, age, or something else concrete. None of that matters as much as how someone acts. This is something I deal with often.
    Sorry, but your post is fail...

There is also "Behavioral Profiling" and it's considered to be a type of offender profiling. Any type of offender profiling practices making judgments on people based on their mannerisms & physical appearance.

Offender profiling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, profiling your customers isn't a good business practice...especially when one reveals this information to everyone on a public gadget forum. I'm willing to bet at least 65% of this site frequents Best Buy. That's most likely at least 650,000 people who now know that their being profiled when they get asked "Can I help you?" by more than 2 BB employees in a 15 minute time frame. I for one will not frequent Best Buy anymore. I refuse to be profiled because of the way I look, or because I'm taking my sweet time before I buy something.

Oh god...don't get all emotional because people aren't asking the questions that YOU want to hear. If you wanted to answer promotional questions...maybe you should have specified that in the thread title or the OP.
    05-28-10 01:14 PM
    Fyi, if anybody has questions or wants advice on tvs or home theaters I can help more then a kid at best buy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 02:29 PM
    There is also "Behavioral Profiling" and it's considered to be a type of offender profiling. Any type of offender profiling practices making judgments on people based on their mannerisms & physical appearance.

Either way, profiling your customers isn't a good business practice...especially when one reveals this information to everyone on a public gadget forum. i refuse to be profiled because of the way I look, or because I'm taking my sweet time before I buy something.
    Makes sense that it's considered profiling. Good to know.

"Because of the way I look" is not a mannerism or behavior. Clothes mean nothing, haircut means nothing, skin color means nothing. Taking your time to make decisions isn't thief behavior. Do you feel people who exhibit classic thief behavior should be allowed to roam freely? When I use the phrase "thief behavior" I am referring to specific actions that are not done by normal paying customers. In YOUR hypothetical store, would you prefer this happen? Or would you prefer someone who has been working in such positions for a reasonable amount of time pay extra attention to these people?

I suppose the ultimate question is: "Where's the line?" Is it ever acceptable in your book to follow people due to thinking they may steal for ANY reason?
    Last edited by NorrisCell; 05-28-10 at 08:38 PM.
    05-28-10 08:33 PM
    Taking your time to make decisions isn't thief behavior. Do you feel people who exhibit classic thief behavior should be allowed to roam freely? When I use the phrase "thief behavior" I am referring to specific actions that are not done by normal paying customers. In YOUR hypothetical store, would you prefer this happen? Or would you prefer someone who has been working in such positions for a reasonable amount of time pay extra attention to these people?
    What is this Thief Behavior that you speak of?
    05-28-10 09:21 PM
    One of the big things is a group of 2-4 people entering the store, splitting, and each going to a different corner. The same group of people going to the water fountain or bathroom all together is another. Inspecting security devices is a more obvious one with phones specifically. There are more.
    05-28-10 10:05 PM
    How come as soon as an employee at customer service hears the words 'exchange' or 'return' you can see the horns sprout from their heads? Its fairly common knowledge that many, if not most, Best Buys have the WORST customer service when it comes to returns/exchanges.
    This may stem from many customers being unreasonable with respect to returns. There are a host of ways people are unreasonable with returns, and it can be very frustrating at times. Returns are a normal part of business, but neither side should be nasty about it.
    Last edited by NorrisCell; 05-28-10 at 10:38 PM.
    05-28-10 10:35 PM
    Why do I always get kicked out of Best Buy everytime I start a mosh pit in front of the Guitar Hero demo?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-29-10 12:51 PM
    Why do I always get kicked out of Best Buy everytime I start a mosh pit in front of the Guitar Hero demo?

Rather than responding to what people have said to you, we're back to nonsense?
    05-29-10 05:09 PM
    Calm down guy. I'm just trying to lighten things up a little. If lighthearted humor is "nonsense" to you, then maybe you should slow down a little and learn to enjoy life more.

Starting up with the profiling crap again is just going to be like beating a dead horse. I asked the OP why BB employees ride my **** if I'm browsing the store. The OP said, BB employees tend to keep an eye on customers if they exhibit certain characteristics (mannerism, appearance) that make them seem like a thief. I for one don't feel like dressing up in preppie clothing and acting like little goodie two shoes in order to keep from being profiled. I am the last person on earth that would ever steal anything, so when the OP gave me that answer to my question...yeah, it pi$$ed me off a little. I've never had any issue with any other electronics store when I browse the merchandise. Just BB.

05-29-10 09:38 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD