While this isn't automotive in nature, it IS an event, and the title does state "if its something going on, its in here" or something like that.

I wanted to just officially request of those within this community, if you are registered for voting at Artprize that you take a quick moment to check out my brother's entry. It's called Frozen in Motion, and can be viewed at the B.O.B.'s parking lot. Or, check out a few links:

Derek Maxfield - ArtPrize Artist Profile - A radically open art contest, Grand Rapids Michigan.

'Frozen in Motion'

Ice Sculptures Ltd. #3 - 9.13.10 -- FOX 17

Welcome to Facebook

ice sculptures ltd

Either way, last I'd checked he was top 50. He was Top 25 for most of all last year, but didn't quite make top 10. We believe it had more to do with his location, as he was on the fringe versus downtown. This year, he's moved to smack right in the center, but now for some reason was only Top 25 for about a day. If you check out his work, and you think its totally legit, make sure to vote for him! He's done quite a bit of ice work, has published a book, been on Ripley's and Wreakreation Nation, is currently filming a pilot for the Food Network, and has been revolutionizing the way ice is carved for QUITE a while.

If you have any questions regarding how to sign up, or about his piece, just let me know! I'll be more than happy to answer whatever. Yes, the entire thing is made of ice. He invented the method of coloring the ice, then perfected it for blocks of ice. He's quite a smart, talented man.

We always joke I got the brains, he got the artistic talents. .
    09-26-10 10:02 PM
    Big time cool!

Too bad it aint in toronto :/ but that photo was fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 10:22 PM
    Big time cool!

Too bad it aint in toronto :/ but that photo was fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He's done stuff in Toronto; I remember he's helped with forming an ice hotel out that way before.
    09-27-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD