LOL... oh yes he is.
    If you think 200 hits a month are 'profitable' you'd be mistaken.... lol

I understand he'd be profiting in the sense of humor - if that's his aim

Either way, it's his reputation he's ruining - and that's all the laugh I care for.

Glad the OP posted the whole article rather than just a link to his rubbish lol

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    07-30-14 05:11 PM
    This guy again? lol. He's not getting a click from me.
    Bla1ze, please keep your sound logic out of this thread.

Rile us up and arm us with pitchforks, as we show him... one click at a time!
    Witmen, JeepBB and currentodysseys like this.
    07-30-14 05:11 PM
    Look, the passport design is big, bold and beautiful. You have a powerful mobile machine with killer OS. There couldn't be a starker difference between Blackberry's vision and Apple's. This is nothing but positive.

I had forgotten how lousy the iPhone was until my sister-in-law came and visited a few weeks ago. Just simple things like emailing, blogging and instant messaging is a huge chore on a iPhone. Yuck. You just take these things for granted on the Z10. Don't even mention phone reception, that tinny sound that comes from their speakers, file transfer, viewing and editing. Sorry but the iPhone isn't in the same league and the passport is just going to accentuate the difference.

The usual reframe from the iFans is that Apples has apps. Well, guess what. Market analysis has consistently shown that the average consumer downloads ~15 and that is it. BB world and the Amazon store basically has what you need. I guess the app argument is the only thing the iPhone has going for it these days.
    07-30-14 05:12 PM

That literally made me laugh out loud. The mental image of Bla1ze handing out pitchforks to CB users one at a time under torch light gave me a great chuckle. Thanks for that!
    JeepBB and currentodysseys like this.
    07-30-14 05:15 PM

07-30-14 05:17 PM
    ...he isnt sharing his revenue with me...I havent clicked to read his story....he doesnt exist...
    07-30-14 05:21 PM
    Lets keep in mind that this is an opinion article, and a very subjective article with a possible hidden agenda (hits), he is obviously aware of us BlackBerry fans. The device isn't even available for purchase, not to mention not all features have been officially released.

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Kitchener (Canada)
    Last edited by deptech; 07-30-14 at 06:07 PM.
    07-30-14 05:35 PM
    Unfortunately I don't disagree with him regarding the consumer side of things and apps. I think some people may purchase the phone expecting full Android app availability and compatibility, and with Amazon app store we know that there are many apps missing; the app gap is closed a little more, but the full app experience won't be there compared to Android and iOS. I'm losing optimism for the future of the consumer side of things; Chen is doing exactly as he said he would: retrench into the corporate side of things.

That being said, I for one fully enjoy my Z30, but I wonder, with Google Play Services becoming more and more prevalent on apps, whether new apps will be less and less available. My hope is that if there is a pick up in phone sales, native developers will come back. It's a cart and horse thing.

Bottom line, no matter how good the phone is, the ecosystem will still lag. It's still about the apps.
    So, what do you say about Amazon's Fire phone, which will have the exact same handicap?
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-30-14 05:46 PM
    So, what do you say about Amazon's Fire phone, which will have the exact same handicap?
    I don't hold a lot of optimism for that phone either, again, purely based on apps. It seems that Android apps will be more and more dependent on Google Play Services. That being said, I'm holding out hope that there will be enough interest to make apps for Amazon's phone with the resultant benefit to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-30-14 05:54 PM
    Simply crazy.
    07-30-14 08:02 PM
    The term for the author's piece is flame bait... not blogging... many of these on the net... great way to get clicks and garner attention......... whole thing is rather pointless if you think about it.. The device is over a month away from actually being relased which meams there are no actual units to review or make an informed opinion.... no one 'knows' the future of any device... to think so is silly.....
    07-30-14 08:11 PM
    If you think 200 hits a month are 'profitable' you'd be mistaken.... lol

I understand he'd be profiting in the sense of humor - if that's his aim

Either way, it's his reputation he's ruining - and that's all the laugh I care for.

Glad the OP posted the whole article rather than just a link to his rubbish lol

Posted via CB10
    200 was only ppl reply to his article.
    And THOUSAND who visiting was make him rich.

The more he makes you furious, the more he making money. Simple as that

So.. never ever.. visit that site anymore, or they will continue to laugh over your madness.

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    07-30-14 08:17 PM
    200 was only ppl reply to his article.
    And THOUSAND who visiting was make him rich.

The more he makes you furious, the more he making money. Simple as that

So.. never ever.. visit that site anymore, or they will continue to laugh over your madness.

Drooling for BlackBerry Passport!
    LOL

200 was a generalization, not an actual number to reference.

:Laughing:

I don't think you understand.

He's not getting 'rich', period.

Take one look at that site - if you think it grosses more than 20K a year in total - you'd probably be being generous. It takes some understanding of Ad revenue to get that - which you clearly don't.

Besides - did I say I went to his site? Did I say I was furious? I don't think so...

No need to tell people what to do, pal - you read one of my posts and made an assumption, and in incorrect one at that. But I'm not going to argue over something so silly, so I'll leave you with that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 07-30-14 at 09:19 PM.
    07-30-14 09:05 PM
    how about BUY a BlackBerry Passport after seeing this:

DAYYYYUUUMMMM.

I WANT!
    07-30-14 09:23 PM
    Wow this guy is not just stupid, he's determinedly, unrepentantly, monolithically stupid.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    And that's in my opinion is still very polite.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-30-14 09:32 PM
    And that's in my opinion is still very polite.
    Hahaha, compared to a lot of others comments on the original article, that was a nice way of putting it for sure lol

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:34 PM
    I don't hold a lot of optimism for that phone either, again, purely based on apps. It seems that Android apps will be more and more dependent on Google Play Services. That being said, I'm holding out hope that there will be enough interest to make apps for Amazon's phone with the resultant benefit to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The supposition that apps will become "more and more dependent on Google Play Services" is kind of an Amerocentric view. If the US were the only market in the world, I'd agree with you.

The majority of the Android handsets sold elsewhere in the world aren't GPlay compatible, though. Many of them are the cheapie Chinese ones that are noncompliant with the Open Handset Alliance, or they're forks like the Nokia X or the new Amazon phone, or they're others like the Firefox mobile OS, Sailfish, or BB10 that can run Android apps. Any developer who produces exclusively for GPlay ignores all of these users.

In some cases, devs are producing two versions of an Android app, one that's compatible with GPlay and one that doesn't need it, so as to hit both markets.

Also, there's Snap. Sure, it has to be sideloaded, but if a user has a friend with Snap, they can just get that friend to download APKs and send them over NFC or even BBM. I do it all the time for co-workers who can't sideload on their BB10 work phones.

Apps aren't everything, and I'm actually holding out hope that BB10 will still eventually catch on, but I also know that the platform doesn't have a hope without actually selling phones.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-30-14 11:53 PM
    I stopped reading midway into the 3rd paragraph...

Posted via CB10
    I stopped reading from the first paragraph, like it has been said repeatedly, the cheapest way to get hits and popularity is to get into a fight by saying dumb things. It really is very tempting to want to tell them off, but then you realise some unknown ****'s opinion won't stop you from grabbing the passport as soon as it comes out......SEPTEMBER WHERE ART THOU!!
    07-31-14 07:39 AM
    Moderators should just close everything from a forum to a comment he makes.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-31-14 07:42 AM
    It's a good thing we all have our opinion. Even this guy's opinion is kinda out there, AS IF. Seems to me someone didn't do their research before writing a blog. BB fans know what devices they want because of research and use. If all other consumers would do the same, Blackberry would be in the stakes for the top position. But, people follow people, and listen as if there best friend knows everything or so and so (the blog writer here). So they make uneducated decision's and purchases and take it out on the Company of the product. I have used Blackberry products from the get go. I have researched and tried a lot of devices, Blackberry (Z30) stands out perfectly for my business needs and personal needs. It's about knowing the product not a 2 min spill at the local phone shop or some blog writers views. Do your research and you make a wise decision. JMHO!!
    07-31-14 08:45 AM
    The supposition that apps will become "more and more dependent on Google Play Services" is kind of an Amerocentric view. If the US were the only market in the world, I'd agree with you.

The majority of the Android handsets sold elsewhere in the world aren't GPlay compatible, though. Many of them are the cheapie Chinese ones that are noncompliant with the Open Handset Alliance, or they're forks like the Nokia X or the new Amazon phone, or they're others like the Firefox mobile OS, Sailfish, or BB10 that can run Android apps. Any developer who produces exclusively for GPlay ignores all of these users.

In some cases, devs are producing two versions of an Android app, one that's compatible with GPlay and one that doesn't need it, so as to hit both markets.

Also, there's Snap. Sure, it has to be sideloaded, but if a user has a friend with Snap, they can just get that friend to download APKs and send them over NFC or even BBM. I do it all the time for co-workers who can't sideload on their BB10 work phones.

Apps aren't everything, and I'm actually holding out hope that BB10 will still eventually catch on, but I also know that the platform doesn't have a hope without actually selling phones.
    The point of making apps compatible with GPlay, is to make those apps more profitable and reduce piracy. You defeat that whole point if you offer a non GPlay.

And you are assuming the same thing that everyone assumed when the PlayBook was released and then when BB10 was released - and even in the Amazon Marketplace for the Kindle platform that compared to BB10 is huge. That developers will chase user into these new "markets". Well it didn't really happen in either of those cases with BlackBerry and to a very large extent not even with Amazon. And that was even before this focus of trying to cut of the still big problem with piracy in the Android market... Many Apps today aren't simply the result of an afternoons coding anymore. Even a simple game like Flappy Bird takes a lot of work. But most of the highly sought after apps are thousands of man hours.

Don't think what Google has started will change the market over night (still ways to get around it), but it is a step that take the Android World future away from non approved devices.

And Apps ARE everything... just the lack of Instagram is enough reason for MANY people to ignore BlackBerry... the very real threat that some other App they many want will not work also is enough to even turn away those willing to give a BB device a second look. Now Apps aren't the only problem that BlackBerry has, but it is a hurdle that most people never get past. And it's one that the Amazon solution just lowers a bit, but its still a big problem...

And while SNAP works today... can you guarantee it will work tomorrow, next week, next month? For most people selecting a smartphone is an expensive and once every fewer years decision. They want to know that what they buy is going to work.....
    gebco and JeepBB like this.
    07-31-14 08:47 AM
    Let's all wait out in the parking lot for this guy. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-31-14 09:12 AM
    Why is everyone worried about what basic consumers will think about this? Really, what carrier (USA) is going to actually have this on the shelf or even push it? I say MAYBE Verizon...MAYBE. My estimation is that the only people scoring BB devices will be people doing purchasing thru there carrier web stores and even then we have seen BB devices pushed to business sections or generally just hard to find on web portals. The general public will have no clue about the Passport until its out in the wild for at least 3 months. Any arguments beyond that really don't matter, sales volume is going to be in line with what BB is expecting, not whatever one else wants to believe.

I can't speak for other regions of the world, there could be a bigger uptick from them vs the US.
    07-31-14 09:19 AM
    It's a good thing we all have our opinion. Even this guy's opinion is kinda out there, AS IF. Seems to me someone didn't do their research before writing a blog. BB fans know what devices they want because of research and use. If all other consumers would do the same, Blackberry would be in the stakes for the top position. But, people follow people, and listen as if there best friend knows everything or so and so (the blog writer here). So they make uneducated decision's and purchases and take it out on the Company of the product. I have used Blackberry products from the get go. I have researched and tried a lot of devices, Blackberry (Z30) stands out perfectly for my business needs and personal needs. It's about knowing the product not a 2 min spill at the local phone shop or some blog writers views. Do your research and you make a wise decision. JMHO!!
    Why do your assume people using other devices are following people?

Maybe those devices (like BB devices at one time) fit more people's lifestyles better.
    07-31-14 09:29 AM
    The author of the article is RCK here on CB...you'll find other amusing musings (funny eh) over in the PlayBook forums.

Eazzy Peazzy
    Thunderbuck and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    07-31-14 10:14 AM
63 123