Ok we have a new super, in the two weeks that he has been here he made us get Iphones, we cant use our phone inside the building only outside, 30 minutes break have turned into 15 minutes break, we have to wear lab coats and scrubs...I understand that we work on a clinic so scrubs are fine, but lab coats?, now what I think its weird is that he wants us to get twiiter/facebook and Myspace accounts to help patients I work in a clinic where psychologist, psychiatrist and a pediatrician work I do think that, well he is being unprofesional I mean what happens inside the clinic should stay there....he claims that we will be more efficient that way, if we complain he pulls the I have a Phd., Masters and 2 B.S. degrees card".....I want to tell him that he is a f%#$*ng a$$, but I dont want to get fired, do you guys have suggestions I mean what can I do?
    10-06-09 12:21 PM
    10-06-09 12:23 PM
    Doesnt apply to me, I love my job I dont have complains about that, I am just wondering if social networks are appropriate in there you know in a clinic, I mean its not like I am working as a Dj or something like that.
    Last edited by molochete; 10-06-09 at 12:36 PM.
    10-06-09 12:32 PM
    I don't understand how anyone can "make" you get a phone. Do you have to purchase it on your own for work or are they supplying them?

I don't know how twitter/facebook/etc.. helps anybody...
    10-06-09 12:34 PM
    really? it seems like that is something that does in fact make you rage at work.

but seems like you are looking for some advice on this subject also.
    how about go to HIS boss about his ignorance.
    10-06-09 12:35 PM
    I don't understand how anyone can "make" you get a phone. Do you have to purchase it on your own for work or are they supplying them?

I don't know how twitter/facebook/etc.. helps anybody...
    They bought it for us, his reasoning is that patients can communicate better through social networks.
    10-06-09 12:39 PM
    They bought it for us, his reasoning is that patients can communicate better through social networks.
    He my friend is a complete jackbutt!
    Things that go on in the office should stay in the office!!
    10-06-09 12:43 PM
    really? it seems like that is something that does in fact make you rage at work.

but seems like you are looking for some advice on this subject also.
    how about go to HIS boss about his ignorance.
    What use to make me rage at work was when people did not knew the difference between psychologist and psychiatrist, that really gets me..or people who ask me if I "got cured".....looks like you are right! I might have to go to his boss, problem is that I dont know who that might be, you see I work in a clinic that is owned by the State we work with V.A. and a lot of the public hospitals, so I would not know where to complain..
    10-06-09 12:45 PM
    So let me get this right; your new super WANTS you guys to use myspace, twitter and facebook accounts to help patients? It's one thing to use these social networks as a tool to convey information in a broad and general manner...but this can also cause major issues of a breach in patient confidentiality if certain information is relayed on these social networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 01:06 PM
    S7ar Scr3am agrees with the Prince...
    10-06-09 01:07 PM
    Bill him for the overtime of looking at your jPhone everytime it goes off outside of work hours.

Many companies have jumped on the Social Networking idea, and if he wants you to have a work profile that's fine. Provided it is not a personal account you are forced to use for work.

10-06-09 01:11 PM
    Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
    10-06-09 01:24 PM
    Seems to me to be in contradiction to HIPAA rules, I would think.

I don't care if he's spreading his arms on a scooter screaming "I'm the King of the World!". You don't do patient biz in the open.

10-06-09 03:14 PM
    Seems to me to be in contradiction to HIPAA rules, I would think.

I don't care if he's spreading his arms on a scooter screaming "I'm the King of the World!". You don't do patient biz in the open.

Yes you are correct, but super genious claims that those HIPAA rules were made to regulate insurances and medications, according to him the patients can either post/email/tweet, us and that way we can have more patients, but again we work on grants I dont know how he thinks we are going to get more patients.....so ready to quit.
    Last edited by molochete; 10-06-09 at 04:10 PM.
    10-06-09 03:52 PM
    So let me get this right; your new super WANTS you guys to use myspace, twitter and facebook accounts to help patients? It's one thing to use these social networks as a tool to convey information in a broad and general manner...but this can also cause major issues of a breach in patient confidentiality if certain information is relayed on these social networks.

That is correct and worst yet he doesnt believe that we can get sued.
    10-06-09 03:55 PM
    Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
    His answer will be: "Who in here has a Phd., Masters and 2 B.S. degrees? me or you?" makes me wonder if he just bought those diplomas, I mean he has no common sense.
    10-06-09 03:59 PM
    I say do whatever you need to do to get the job done, as outlined by your direct supervisor. Then let that dude handle all the forthcoming legal ramifications.

Not worth questioning is authority.
    10-06-09 04:05 PM
    Be very carefull when dealing with HIPPA rules. I belive that those rules and regulations guard against any part of the patients privacy regarding care and treatment. Sounds like you need to see your HR department. Bet you'll see butts movin then!

10-07-09 12:45 AM
    Perhaps one of your more paranoid patients should contact a lawyer. Launch some sort of breach of privacy lawsuit and get mister phd fired.

10-07-09 05:32 AM
    HIPAA applies to everyone in the medical field. Having things posted on a public site would be a violation. If you have any kind of degree you risk losing it by violating patient confidentiality. It would not only be the boss getting sued. It would be each person involved in the violation. If you can't determine who your boss answers to, contact the state medical board with the information but be professional. Don't ever do anything that you are feel is wrong. Stand your ground politely.

10-07-09 07:06 AM
    His answer will be: "Who in here has a Phd., Masters and 2 B.S. degrees? me or you?" makes me wonder if he just bought those diplomas, I mean he has no common sense.
    Some of the most uneducated people I've come across in life have had the most common sense. And some of the most educated people I've come across think common sense is a major in college that they never declared or enrolled in.

10-07-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD