Apple has the benefit of time and cash. If their current wearable isn't a home run then next year there will be another one and another one after that. There's a lot you can do if you get multiple times at bat.

There won't be any write-down because Apple gets exactly what it wants from its supplier when they want it. The stock is down because Wall Stree isn't overly impressed that they are going to sell a million iPhones a day next quarter (that's not a figure of speech, they have literally ordered 90 million iPhones before the end of the year http://fortune.com/2015/07/08/apple-iphone-orders/(
    08-05-15 11:23 PM
    As may have been said, " When there's blood in the streets and they're sweeping up bodies, buy! "
    Now could be an excellent time to make a killing on Apple. I'd see if it gets to a firm low and take a chance. The next (not so) Apple new phone and the iDiots will be in line again.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-05-15 11:31 PM
    Apple is not a service company, it is a hardware company, that offer services to sell more hardware. So judging the company based on service revenue would be incorrect IMO. I think the Apple Watch could be that driver, if Wall Street would give it sometime to ether prove or disprove that.

Also Apple's earning release documents, services generate on average $4.5B to $4.9B a quarter.
    Yeah but that's how it works.

Why do you think that Apple is currently just validated at 10 times earnings while Microsoft is validated at much more? (I think over 20... Not in front of my computer).

That's why apple had been trying to get recurring service revenues to bring value to shareholders in addition to new products for additional income stream

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-06-15 08:08 AM
    I never understood why some people call the iPhone 5C a failure, at the time, it was the 5th best selling phone in the wold, that is definitely not a failure. - Top 10 Smartphones in May 2014 ? Galaxy S5 Fails To Displace iPhone 5s - Counterpoint Technology Market Research

Also its way to early to call the Apple Watch a failure. Seeing that it has reportedly outsold all of its computers combined by a large margin, I think its off to a good start for a first generation product.
    It's simple really apple never came out with a iPhone 6c did they??
    When they sell well they repeat that cycle. It didn't so they moved on with the regular 6. If sales did pick up later it was due to carriers and retailers like walmart discounting it to in some cases 99c upgrades when it was 99$ before. Also the article says clearing excess inventory meaning getting rid of excess that didn't sell soon enough so yeah by their own estimation and much like the apple watch they haven't released any sales numbers and likely won't anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:25 AM
    Sooner or later, this was expected to happen.
    Jobs salvaged Apple with a precise, concise vision which made everyone desire his product.
    Unfortunately, he isn't there to oversee and whatever vision he inspired and trend he set are left to others to execute.
    If people are like me, they probably have at least 1 of each the current 4 products in their homes or work place: apple, blackberry, android and windows.
    We have all 4.
    My point: the market is saturated with devices that offer pretty much the same thing.
    The playing field is leveling out.
    Will blackberry make a come back and crush the mighty apple.......as much as I prefer blackberry, don't think it will happen.
    Does 14% signal the end of apple?
    I don't think this makes a dent.
    Our focus as consumers is to enjoy what is available to us and stop bantering and quibbling on forums.
    Let the Corporate Chiefs worry about these statistics.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:03 AM
    When they sell well they repeat that cycle. It didn't so they moved on with the regular 6. If sales did pick up later it was due to carriers and retailers like walmart discounting it to in some cases 99c upgrades when it was 99$ before. Also the article says clearing excess inventory meaning getting rid of excess that didn't sell soon enough so yeah by their own estimation and much like the apple watch they haven't released any sales numbers and likely won't anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    Apple hasn't come out with a 6s ether (yet) so was the 5s a failure too? The iPhone 5C was an iPhone 5 in a different body, the last upgrade cycle, a 6c wouldn't really make sense at that time.

As to the rest of what you said, seeing that the iPhone 5C was one of the best selling smartphone in the world, it was not a failure, and was a necessary transition for Apple from making one phone a year to two.
    08-20-15 11:58 AM
    If Apple needs a new revenue stream, they'll just buy it.

Apple Stock Down 14%-history-world-part-i1.jpg
    08-20-15 12:10 PM
    One point to remember that stock is purchased on speculation, the price you see on a particular stock is what the market feels the company is worth in advance of what it actually is worth regardless of their revenue.

For example Amazon is bigger than Walmart even though amazon barely makes the money Walmart makes/nor has no where near the assets of Walmart.

Apple stock price is based on the same speculation of continued growth they experienced for the last ten years... and the watch was another market they would have to have dominated if Apple was going to maintain the expected level of growth the market expects.

As for BlackBerry, the market expects then to stop losing money on their device business. It is a miracle the company managed to diversify into software, and emm, in a time where their device business hit a brick wall --- but their stock price will not go up until they (1) replace device business revenue completely, or, (2) make devices profitable again.

Of the two companies, my money is on blackberry. John Chen seems to be as willing as thorsten heins to cut anything without value, as well as creating revenue from other assets/investments even during a time of crisis.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 10:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yet.
    08-23-15 07:38 AM
    iWatch is a failure,.
    yet they sold more watch in 2 months at higher per unit cost than Blackberry phones in a year
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-28-15 10:46 AM
    Apple hasn't come out with a 6s ether (yet) so was the 5s a failure too? The iPhone 5C was an iPhone 5 in a different body, the last upgrade cycle, a 6c wouldn't really make sense at that time.

As to the rest of what you said, seeing that the iPhone 5C was one of the best selling smartphone in the world, it was not a failure, and was a necessary transition for Apple from making one phone a year to two.
    The 5c was my first iPhone and I had that unit for two years! Great phone to get me into Apple at $45! Before that I had was trying to stay in love with BlackBerry.

Just upgraded to a 6 and the new features are awesome! Didn't think i would care about or use Touch ID and Apple Pay...but both are so useful!

So don't dismiss the 5c as a failure. It's sale figure were good and it was a good phone for some of us to test the Apple waters!
    08-30-15 03:52 PM
36 12