Apple Stock down 14% causing a one billion reduction in company worth. The two horse trick is starting it's slow decline. Jobs and the magic is gone, nowhere else for Apple to go but down. iWatch is a failure, welcome to Playbook land Mr. Apple, you are not invincible.
    HonnyBrown likes this.
    08-05-15 07:58 AM
    BBRY shares not exactly doing well either
    08-05-15 08:03 AM
    Apple Stock down 14% causing a one billion reduction in company worth. The two horse trick is starting it's slow decline. Jobs and the magic is gone, nowhere else for Apple to go but down. iWatch is a failure, welcome to Playbook land Mr. Apple, you are not invincible.
    Seems to me that Apple is still up for the year....

I really don't know what Apple or anyone expected for iWatch sales, me personally I'm not a watch person so I didn't see the appeal of having one. If Apple had hoped to sell as many iWatches and Smartphones... then yes they have failed. If they hoped to release a new product and sell a few million of them and slowly build this device as the must have accessory for people that do use watches and iDevices....
    08-05-15 08:06 AM
    BBRY shares not exactly doing well either
    My point is, Steve Jobs salvaged Apple when they were near death, he is gone now, iWatch is a failure, can Apple really have a future with selling the same one thing? At least BB has a well rounded business, phone, OS, security, QNX, and many many other business targets. Apple was/is a twp trick pony, the Apple iPod is history, iWatch failing, iPhone is stale. Stock holders are massively fickle beasts who want maximum return at all costs, you'll see within two years Apple cutting back employees to appease stock holders.
    08-05-15 08:10 AM
    Well apple need additional source of revenues than the iPhone and they can't seem to get some.

Although the iPhone is hugely successful, Apple is a victime of its own success. People turnover IPhones very quickly, helping apple increase their sales. However, it also means risk of leaving the iPhone for another device.

That's a totally different model than say Microsoft whom has steady income from licences (Windows, office) which are so embedded into the corporate world that there is almost zero risk of switching away from Windows.

BlackBerry had that steady flow of income too with BES, but they made a big mistake... when they switch of BBOS phones to BlackBerry 10, the old BES servers weren't compatible with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:15 AM
    My point is, Steve Jobs salvaged Apple when they were near death, he is gone now, iWatch is a failure, can Apple really have a future with selling the same one thing? At least BB has a well rounded business, phone, OS, security, QNX, and many many other business targets. Apple was/is a twp trick pony, the Apple iPod is history, iWatch failing, iPhone is stale. Stock holders are massively fickle beasts who want maximum return at all costs, you'll see within two years Apple cutting back employees to appease stock holders.
    Yup, BlackBerry is raking in the profits
    08-05-15 08:24 AM
    I figured this sort of post would pop up sooner or later. Perhaps one day I'll understand why BB fans feel the need to celebrate negativity surrounding Apple. Must be a fanboy thing. Whatever you think of Apple, its products, or the stock, they're still doing several orders of magnitude better than BlackBerry.
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    08-05-15 08:47 AM
    Well apple need additional source of revenues than the iPhone and they can't seem to get some.

Although the iPhone is hugely successful, Apple is a victime of its own success. People turnover IPhones very quickly, helping apple increase their sales. However, it also means risk of leaving the iPhone for another device.

That's a totally different model than say Microsoft whom has steady income from licences (Windows, office) which are so embedded into the corporate world that there is almost zero risk of switching away from Windows.

BlackBerry had that steady flow of income too with BES, but they made a big mistake... when they switch of BBOS phones to BlackBerry 10, the old BES servers weren't compatible with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Stock is falling not because Apple is "failing", but because it's growth has slowed and investors don't expect it to see revenues increasing at the rate they have in the past... but neither do they foresee them decreasing.

BlackBerry on the other hand, their revenues have been decreasing each quarter and are still falling, Chen has cut spending (and is still cutting) down to a manageable point and has put into motion other avenues of revenue... but the details are kinda sparse on those other products - like when will they become possible revenue streams of their own. And the big star... BES12, didn't deliver as everyone had hoped. So right now it is a cautious wait and see.... most of BlackBerry's investors just have too much to lose at this point not to stick with them.

But I agree the WHOLE transition was handled badly.... I really think Waterlou was way too isolated from the rest of the world.
    08-05-15 09:00 AM
    Stock is falling not because Apple is "failing", but because it's growth has slowed and investors don't expect it to see revenues increasing at the rate they have in the past... but neither do they foresee them decreasing.

BlackBerry on the other hand, their revenues have been decreasing each quarter and are still falling, Chen has cut spending (and is still cutting) down to a manageable point and has put into motion other avenues of revenue... but the details are kinda sparse on those other products - like when will they become possible revenue streams of their own. And the big star... BES12, didn't deliver as everyone had hoped. So right now it is a cautious wait and see.... most of BlackBerry's investors just have too much to lose at this point not to stick with them.

But I agree the WHOLE transition was handled badly.... I really think Waterlou was way too isolated from the rest of the world.
    No apple isn't falling but investors are "punishing" the stock cause it's hogging on to lots of cash with "little" prospects of growth.

Cause on paper, Apple is in incredible financial condition and the company is just the most profitable business out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:28 AM
    No apple isn't falling but investors are "punishing" the stock cause it's hogging on to lots of cash with "little" prospects of growth.

Cause on paper, Apple is in incredible financial condition and the company is just the most profitable business out there.

Posted via CB10
    Of course no one expect the iPhone 6 to do nearly as well as it did. And while the iWatch didn't exactly take-off, we don't really know what else Apple is working on.

If Apple did something crazy like work out a Sport Package for iTV..... might be some out there ready to give the Cable Television companies the middle finger. Sports is about the only thing keeping me with Directv at the moment (that and being able to bypass commercials).
    08-05-15 11:07 AM
    You feel BBRY is more diversified than Apple business-wise? Interesting.
    08-05-15 11:25 AM
    Of course no one expect the iPhone 6 to do nearly as well as it did. And while the iWatch didn't exactly take-off, we don't really know what else Apple is working on.

If Apple did something crazy like work out a Sport Package for iTV..... might be some out there ready to give the Cable Television companies the middle finger. Sports is about the only thing keeping me with Directv at the moment (that and being able to bypass commercials).
    It also important to point out that the Apple Watch is still a first generation product, that has only been available for sale for a fews months. Apple's first generation products typically don't do extremely well in the sales department. Sales of the Apple Watch could be like the iPhone and not take off until its third generation, or like the iPad and not take of in sales until its second generation, or even like the iPod and not take off until it goes cross platform (that route is unlikely though). Its way to early to know weather the Apple Watch will be a huge earner for Apple and Apple's stock is currently down because of that uncertainty.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-05-15 12:05 PM
    It also important to point out that the Apple Watch is still a first generation product, that has only been available for sale for a fews months. Apple's first generation products typically don't do extremely well in the sales department. Sales of the Apple Watch could be like the iPhone and not take off until its third generation, or like the iPad and not take of in sales until its second generation, or even like the iPod and not take off until it goes cross platform (that route is unlikely though). Its way to early to know weather the Apple Watch will be a huge earner for Apple and Apple's stock is currently down because of that uncertainty.
    Or did some just expect more that what even Apple had planned to deliver... There is no doubt that the iWatch is a great product, and that Apple has done a fantastic job marketing it. But it is an expensive accessory that the initial product (smartphone) has almost forced out of existence. It might take a while to get the current generation to see the possibilities of having a device strapped to their arm.
    08-05-15 01:09 PM
    Or did some just expect more that what even Apple had planned to deliver... There is no doubt that the iWatch is a great product, and that Apple has done a fantastic job marketing it. But it is an expensive accessory that the initial product (smartphone) has almost forced out of existence. It might take a while to get the current generation to see the possibilities of having a device strapped to their arm.
    The stock market is often erosional and makes decision based on feeling, and not fact. Since Apple isn't releasing numbers on the Apple Watch, some feel it could be failing and not living up to even Apple's exceptions (even though Apple itself said that Apple Watch sales have exceeded even their wildest exceptions, Apple even said well before the Apple Watch was available that they would not be releasing sales numbers for the Apple Watch for competitive reasons). Because of that feeling people get when Apple isn't revealing sales numbers, they are punishing Apple's stock. So even though Apple reported yet another record breaking quarter, their stock is down 14% since the earning call( but still up for the year though)

The Apple Watch is an expensive "accessory" for the iPhone, but when people who actually own it (including myself) are extremely happy with the device, and many people Ive spoken too are waiting for the second generation, the Apple Watch (and other wearable tech) could very well be the next big thing, and be a huge earner for Apple. Wall Street is just not patient enough to find out.
    08-05-15 01:33 PM

The stock market is often erosional and makes decision based on feeling, and not fact. Since Apple isn't releasing numbers on the Apple Watch, some feel it could be failing and not living up to even Apple's exceptions (even though Apple itself said that Apple Watch sales have exceeded even their wildest exceptions, Apple even said well before the Apple Watch was available that they would not be releasing sales numbers for the Apple Watch for competitive reasons). Because of that feeling people get when Apple isn't revealing sales numbers, they are punishing Apple's stock. So even though Apple reported yet another record breaking quarter, their stock is down 14% since the earning call( but still up for the year though)

The Apple Watch is an expensive "accessory" for the iPhone, but when people who actually own it (including myself) are extremely happy with the device, and many people Ive spoken too are waiting for the second generation, the Apple Watch (and other wearable tech) could very well be the next big thing, and be a huge earner for Apple. Wall Street is just not patient enough to find out.
    I'd be more worried if I was invested in one of their SmartWatch competitors....

Friend that had a Pebble Watch with his iPhone... switched and loves it (but what Apple person doesn't love all things Apple). One friend that has a Samsung Watch and a Note.... is thinking of switching platforms just so she can get the iWatch... because it is smaller.

I don't know many that use SmartWatches, but out of.... well the two I do know, it seems Apple has got 100% of the marketshare.
    jallister likes this.
    08-05-15 01:57 PM
    I'd be more worried if I was invested in one of their SmartWatch competitors....

Friend that had a Pebble Watch with his iPhone... switched and loves it (but what Apple person doesn't love all things Apple). One friend that has a Samsung Watch and a Note.... is thinking of switching platforms just so she can get the iWatch... because it is smaller.

I don't know many that use SmartWatches, but out of.... well the two I do know, it seems Apple has got 100% of the marketshare.
    Since that Apple Watch has launch, it is rumored that Apple has already sold 2 to 3 million units. For an Apple product, that is defiantly low, but when considered that this is an industry that is estimated to have only sold about 930,000 units before the Apple Watch. It seems the Apple definitely the market leader. Almost everyone in my office has an Apple Watch. I know one person who switch to an iPhone 6 Plus from Windows Phone for an Apple Watch, and he is definitely loving it. When people are switching platform for it, they most likely are not fanboys.

As an investor, I have taken this opportunity to triple my steak in Apple on the cheap. As Apple moves into the third and forth quarters, and the introduction of a new iPhone, and other products, Apple stock will not stay down for long.
    08-05-15 02:22 PM
    Since that Apple Watch has launch, it is rumored that Apple has already sold 2 to 3 million units. For an Apple product, that is defiantly low, but when considered that this is an industry that is estimated to have only sold about 930,000 units before the Apple Watch. It seems the Apple definitely the market leader. Almost everyone in my office has an Apple Watch. I know one person who switch to an iPhone 6 Plus from Windows Phone for an Apple Watch, and he is definitely loving it. When people are switching platform for it, they most likely are not fanboys.

As an investor, I have taken this opportunity to triple my steak in Apple on the cheap. As Apple moves into the third and forth quarters, and the introduction of a new iPhone, and other products, Apple stock will not stay down for long.
    It's not all about the sales of the Apple Watch... the drop in the stock price is mostly based on the fact that Apple cannot seem to generate another revenue stream other than the iPhone. The also have little, if any, service revenues, which would command a much higher multiple for their stock price than the 10x they are at right.

Think of it this way: if I sell you a business that has a guaranteed 1M/year revenue stream forever (+inflation), you will pay a lot more for it than a business that just made 10M this year but that you have to launch another product next year and hope to make another 10M

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 04:50 PM
    Wow, what does this mean for BlackBerry increasing sales and becoming a powerhouse again. Oh right, it doesn't mean anything.
    MikeX74 and Chrisy like this.
    08-05-15 05:44 PM
    It's not all about the sales of the Apple Watch... the drop in the stock price is mostly based on the fact that Apple cannot seem to generate another revenue stream other than the iPhone. The also have little, if any, service revenues, which would command a much higher multiple for their stock price than the 10x they are at right.

Think of it this way: if I sell you a business that has a guaranteed 1M/year revenue stream forever (+inflation), you will pay a lot more for it than a business that just made 10M this year but that you have to launch another product next year and hope to make another 10M

Posted via CB10
    Apple is not a service company, it is a hardware company, that offer services to sell more hardware. So judging the company based on service revenue would be incorrect IMO. I think the Apple Watch could be that driver, if Wall Street would give it sometime to ether prove or disprove that.

Also Apple's earning release documents, services generate on average $4.5B to $4.9B a quarter.
    08-05-15 05:56 PM
    I knew that selling this wearable with zero carrier subsidy was gonna tank numbers.
    I'm in southern California now and I've seen a ton of iphones and today after being here for nearly three months I finally saw my first apple watch and it didn't stand out at all. I've seen more bb10 devices than that watch.
    This is going to be the 5c all over again...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:37 PM
    I knew that selling this wearable with zero carrier subsidy was gonna tank numbers.
    I'm in southern California now and I've seen a ton of iphones and today after being here for nearly three months I finally saw my first apple watch and it didn't stand out at all. I've seen more bb10 devices than that watch.
    This is going to be the 5c all over again...

Posted via CB10
    I never understood why some people call the iPhone 5C a failure, at the time, it was the 5th best selling phone in the wold, that is definitely not a failure. - Top 10 Smartphones in May 2014 ? Galaxy S5 Fails To Displace iPhone 5s - Counterpoint Technology Market Research

Also its way to early to call the Apple Watch a failure. Seeing that it has reportedly outsold all of its computers combined by a large margin, I think its off to a good start for a first generation product.
    Chrisy likes this.
    08-05-15 06:50 PM
    hmmm. AAPL @ 115.40 vs BBRY @ 7.61, down 14%, and..........................
    08-05-15 08:13 PM
    RIP Apple. Looks like you'll be joining BlackBerry at the bankruptcy proceedings in 6 weeks.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    theboogeyman likes this.
    08-05-15 09:03 PM
    RIP Apple. Looks like you'll be joining BlackBerry at the bankruptcy proceedings in 6 weeks.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    You don't actually believe that, do you? If so, I'd like whatever it is that you're smoking, 'cause it sounds like some good sh*t.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-05-15 09:42 PM
    You don't actually believe that, do you? If so, I'd like whatever it is that you're smoking, 'cause it sounds like some good sh*t.
    Obviously, he was kidding.
    pgg101 likes this.
    08-05-15 09:56 PM
36 12