Apple?s iPhone Refusal Is A Marketing Stunt?But A Good One

"The controversy over Syed Farooks iPhone is a double blessing for Apple. First, they get the chance to publically reiterate their commitment to their customers privacy. They wont help the government open Farooks iPhone, because they dont want to create the ability to allow the government, or anyone else, to open your iPhone.

Embedded in this controversy is the second blessing. The government and the media are doing Apples advertising for them by telling America that the new authentication measures work. If you use an Apple product, your data is secure. Apple stands on the moral high ground promoting a citizens right to privacy, and the FBIs inadequacy proves that Apples method of securing that privacy works."

Interesting article.
    03-03-16 02:20 PM
    The author of that article is a certified moron. Apple gave the feds all the icloud data in the San Bernardino case .

Icloud, imessage, and Facetime are not secure. FaceTime uses a symmetric cipher, so I assume the NSA already has cracked it.

Worse of all, thanks to objective-C poor security, all apps can break the sandbox. That is why Apple has open sourced Swift, which doesn't have the same problem.

I really don't like Apple's choice of the private key burned in the phone. That just seems like a bad idea to me, especially since people sell their old iphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 05:53 PM
    I knew it way before then.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running on WINDmobile HSPA+
    03-06-16 12:33 AM
    I think the issue here is that the Feds have cracked the phone already and have found something in the it that they would want to use in the future and they want to have a legal basis to be able to present it in a court of law.

BlackBerry Forever!
    03-11-16 03:20 PM
    Apple only cares about Apple.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 03:28 PM