In a nutshell : lifestyle status, trendy design, and high resale value of Apple products have depressed resale values of less "hip" devices.

Some specifics : This sucks for "launch day" buyers of BlackBerry devices that upgrade frequently and sell their current device annually, putting the cash towards an off-contract, premium device - depreciation happens faster to BlackBerry and other devices, at least in the eyes of the general public. On the other hand, it's great for the second hand buyer who holds off on the new BlackBerry half way through their two-year term. Without haggling down a gentleman on Kijiji, I picked up a Passport in exceptional condition for a cool $300. Likewise, in the wearable space, the Fitbit Surge looks a little Pebble/Tomagachi compared to an Apple Watch. Got a Surge the other day for $150. Anyone else finding great deals on Kijiji, Craigslist, eBay or the like? Do you 'use used' to satisfy your upgrade urge?

Posted via CB10 | Passport | 10.3.2.680
    06-02-15 01:11 PM
    Used is good if you buy it in person or at least inspect it before handing over your money. It's a less good choice if you're buying a device with a non removable battery. But other than that BlackBerry 10 devices seem to be quite sturdy. My Z10 is perfectly smooth and in awesome running condition except for the battery.
    If that was non removable then it's gonna be trouble...

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 02:59 PM