In remembrance of the first major military action by the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC), the first landing of the ANZACs at Gallipoli during World War I (WWI) in particular, please take a moment to remember these fallen heroes.

It is also important to remember the thousands of brave soldiers (from ALL countries) who are currently serving on foreign soil in the name of their country, some of which may never come home or see their families again...

To these brave heroes, we salute and thank you, with all our hearts!

For those outside of Australia and New Zealand, where the this event bears less significance (or those that would like to brush-up on their history), I strongly recommend the Wikipedia entry below, which details the incredible story behind this event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_day

The first landing by the ANZACs at Gallipoli is an amazing story of bravery, heroism and tragedy which will NEVER be forgotten...

Lest we forget.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 08:28 AM
    Lest we forget.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-08 09:59 AM
    Having a son serving in the U.S. Marines, I am almost constantly thinking about those that served and gave before him, as well as those that serve with him. He is (thankfully) still in the states, but from the emails he's been sending, might not be long until he goes overseas.
    My thoughts and prayers are with them all - current or past, U.S. or allies.
    04-24-08 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD