TWISTED by Tracy Brown
    08-06-08 01:55 PM
    I love this series. I haven't actually read them but I did listen to them. Makes the miles go by so much faster.

He has another series I enjoyed: Portugese Irregular Verbs, The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs, and The Villa of Reduced Circumstances.
    08-06-08 02:26 PM
    TWIN FANTASIES by Opal Carew
    08-16-08 11:15 PM
    i do a lot of reading at my job, its great to be paid for reading, but this is the current selection sitting on my desk:

"Slaughterhouse-Five" - Kurt Vonnegut
    "Snuff" - Chuck Palahniuk
    "The Grapes of Wrath" - John Steinbeck
    "The Blind Side" - Michael Lewis
    "Like a Rolling Stone" - Greil Marcus
    "Leviathan" - Paul Auster

and I'm planning on re-reading "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk in anticipation on the movie, which I am so pumped for.
    08-16-08 11:23 PM
    Im almost done with The Shadows By L.A. Banks...shes so good....its like Blade meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer....
    08-16-08 11:27 PM
    i just finished "valley of the dolls" which was greattt

and now i'm on to "the time travelers wife"
    08-27-08 04:33 PM
    I finished "The Gospel according to Biff: Jesus's Childhood pal" it's witty, and had me laughing from the 1st page.
    08-27-08 04:51 PM
    Check out Freakonomics by Stephen D Levitt. I never thought a book about economics could hold my attention but it definitely did.
    08-27-08 07:38 PM
    invisible man is a good book!
    I like Cut Im reading that now
    09-07-08 11:31 AM
    I just finished Into the Wild by John Krakauer. It was amazing. I love Palahniuk's work. Choke would have to be my favorite and I can't wait for the movie!! I also heard that Rant got optioned as well. That would be an interesting adaptation.

One of the best books that I have read recently was The Kings of New York. It is about the Edward R. Murrow High School chess team.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BarwisE; 09-07-08 at 11:49 AM.
    09-07-08 11:43 AM
    I'm kind of sad I haven't read much fiction lately, I just started Imperial Life in the Emerald City about life in Bagdad. I liked reading the posts from the students about their reading lists. Brings back memories, and makes me want to read some of those fine old books. For those who really liked 1984, you've got to pick up a copy of A Brave New World by Orwell's contemporary, Aldous Huxley. Government mind control through chemistry .

09-07-08 11:58 AM
    'Hinds Feet On High Places" by Hannah Hurnard

Last edited by Seabreeze; 09-11-08 at 01:05 PM.
    09-11-08 12:40 PM
    I'm reading Hopes Dreams & Promises: The Future of Homeless Children in America by Ralph DaCosta Nunez

09-11-08 12:59 PM
    Check out Freakonomics by Stephen D Levitt. I never thought a book about economics could hold my attention but it definitely did.
    I loved that book.
    09-11-08 01:01 PM
    You reminded me of another book I read; Confessions of an Economic Hitman...great book. I've been told by others that Freakonomics is a good book; I'm going to start that when I grab a hold of some time to do so. I'm pretty sure these two books are widely different; the focus of the economic hitman is to show how the U.S. takes other countries into virtual servitude through economic-leverage...very thought-provoking.

09-11-08 01:21 PM
    OMG u guys r reading real books LoL I'm rereading my Zane books out 4 tha summer and funds r low but web school starts back I'm gonna read sum of these books u guys r talkn bout I really want tha Sidney Portier book. Any suggestion where 2get start wit tha good books?
    Hey I read Zane, Tracy Brown and all the others lol, but you know we have to read some educational books to stay educated
    Last edited by EyEZ4BB; 09-17-08 at 09:37 AM.
    09-11-08 01:31 PM
    I am trying to start The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Potier, but I can't put down my BB!

I heard it is a great read also I have yet to get a copy.
    09-11-08 01:37 PM
    Loving this... bit odd in parts but its excellent..

09-12-08 09:12 AM

I'm currently reading "Cesar's Way" by Cesar Millan, it'll help me bond with my new dog lol. And when I'm done with that book ill start "Monster" by Walter Dean Myers.

09-12-08 11:56 AM
    "The Secret Life of Bees". I need to go get it out of the car but its raining horses and cows in Detroit!

09-13-08 12:09 PM
    Don't normally read very much but over the past few month I've read Automatic Millionaire. I am a chapter away from the end of The Tipping Point. Great Book if you haven't heard of it.

09-13-08 10:03 PM
    Tracy Brown - Dime Piece

09-17-08 09:40 AM

The Memory keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    09-18-08 10:12 AM
    The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien CLASSIC!
    09-18-08 10:28 AM
    nights in rodanthe -- nicholas sparks
    before the movie comes out!!
    very good so far!!
    09-22-08 11:22 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD