I just turned 19 and recently I invested in some stock.
    I only purchased 30 shares at .74 cents a share but I'm happy with it.
    In fact I'm investing another $100.
    I currently have NGBF New Generation Bio Fuels
    It's a very good company and they have grown a lot lately.
    The stock has been closing on an upward trend the last few days! Currently it is at $0.92.
    My research definitely payed off. I wanted to get a good penny stock (not really a penny stock) with lots of potential.
    With the new laws the government has put into place making companies use bio fuels (I believe some states have already put it into effect) and the big tax breaks and incentives to Bio Fuels companies, this is a great investment I think.

I'm going to buy more next week and I'm also considering purchasing some gm stock. It's bound to pick up again.

Anyone else here?
    04-04-09 02:27 AM
    Hi very intresting post.

I'm a medical herbalist based in the UK and also recently intrested in investing in penny stocks.

Why don't you add me to ur bbmessenger and we can talk.
    255C48D4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:00 AM
    I'm very skeptical of stocks valued so low because it means one of two things. They either have very little earnings or they have a lot of outstanding shares. If its the latter then that's a signal they may be willing to issue even more.

Also I used to be like you and invest 100 bucks at a time but if you're paying 8-12 bucks in comissions that's 8-12% you have to make just to cover fees.

I'm a bigger fan of ETFs.

04-05-09 06:42 AM
    Now you didn't mention what brokerage you use, but don't you have to pay additional fees if the price is less than a dollar? I'm no Warren Buffett but I would recommend saving up some more cash, more than 100$, and then buying. As Elpresidente mentioned, if you invest 100$ and when you deduct the fees, that adds up to a higher percentage than the actual earnings, and on penny stocks your not likely to cover, make, enough for the fees that you pay...

04-05-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD