Everything's so complicated now. So many things have to be working to play a game First your internet, ours always has problems, then the PSN which goes down a few times, then the games servers, all of which suck... It's crazy
    luckily i never have a problem with my internet connection, but the PSN kicks me out constantly. therefore, i never have an oppurtunity try out the servers besides gta a few times, that seemed to work pretty well. when i first got the ps3, i played cod4 for a while (bout a week and half, i borrowed the game) without any internet/server problem at all. now i cant get on to save my life.
    08-05-09 08:47 AM
    luckily i never have a problem with my internet connection, but the PSN kicks me out constantly. therefore, i never have an oppurtunity try out the servers besides gta a few times, that seemed to work pretty well. when i first got the ps3, i played cod4 for a while (bout a week and half, i borrowed the game) without any internet/server problem at all. now i cant get on to save my life.
    Same here Robo. At first, I thought it was my wireless connection but - nope! Now it runs better being hard-wired and all but, I still get kicked off constantly.

An for you COD4 sissies out there who find a dark spot and lob granades all night long...wanna have a knife fight?
    08-05-09 02:11 PM
    mines set up wirelessly too and it seems like it wasnt as bad when it was wired but its still ridiculous. sony needs to get their **** in gear and fix these problems. they pretend there's nothing wrong with their system, they put out a bunch of updates for crap we ont need, they pretend theyre leading the market in sales and that the ps3 is god's gift to the world and its not.

but as much as they make me mad, i HATE microsoft. i went thru 5 xbox 360's that didnt work, i was a loyal customer from the day it came out until about a year and half ago. i got fed up with their bull **** and swore off all microsoft products for the rest of my life.

anyway, i sure hope my connection works alright when i get MW5 in november because i will have it and i will TRY to play it online.
    08-05-09 02:35 PM
    CoD4 sucks now because these idiots want to use that flying hack because they suck.
    08-05-09 09:00 PM
    I don't sit in a corner with grenades... Although I do sit in corners with silenced P90's Lol. Those things are so unrealistic... I can shoot amazing up close... I can snipe just as far as I can with a .50, low recoil, fast reload, lots of ammo... It's the cheapest gun I like how a 9mm can shoot accuratly to 2000 yards
    08-05-09 11:47 PM
    I like how a 9mm can shoot accuratly to 2000 yards

a fully automatic 9 mm.
    08-06-09 10:30 AM
    a fully automatic 9 mm.
    Hopefully they change that. I like using the 50 caliber, but I hate when you see a flash from accross the map and, oh ofcourse... Someone shot me in the face with a Scorpian from a mile and a half away... There's not such thing as a gun like that... Guns aren't 100% accurate, atleast Rockstar figured that out
    08-06-09 10:41 AM
    there's alot of things wrong with the online play but its still one of the best online shooters there ever was imo.

the biggest problem i think is the unbalanced teams. ill play 5 games in a row and the team im playing on will win every game by a landslide.
    then the next 5 games i carry my whole team (im really not that good) and we get our a**es blown off. its ridiculous.

i cant play for more than about 30 minutes because it makes me so angry. i cant wait for mw2 to come out because everyone is on the same level again- no one knows all the maps, its all based on skill.
    08-06-09 11:24 AM
    there's alot of things wrong with the online play but its still one of the best online shooters there ever was imo.

the biggest problem i think is the unbalanced teams. ill play 5 games in a row and the team im playing on will win every game by a landslide.
    then the next 5 games i carry my whole team (im really not that good) and we get our a**es blown off. its ridiculous.

i cant play for more than about 30 minutes because it makes me so angry. i cant wait for mw2 to come out because everyone is on the same level again- no one knows all the maps, its all based on skill.
    It's all skill til you get your sniper rifle, fully automatic, 0 recoil, P90 I was using that again today with Chad, and it had a silencer on it which is supposed to reduce accuracy. I was sniping with it... Hardcore matches, 2 bullets take them down I'm so cheap.
    08-06-09 01:17 PM
    It's all skill til you get your sniper rifle, fully automatic, 0 recoil, P90 I was using that again today with Chad, and it had a silencer on it which is supposed to reduce accuracy. I was sniping with it... Hardcore matches, 2 bullets take them down I'm so cheap.
    Okay that was you! I have a Dragonov (sp?) that I was sniping with (the map with the underground tunnel and warehouses). Anyway, I was clear across the field sniping people and this guy (with a P90 / silenced) was on a rooftop and killed me with 1 burst...

Why oh why am I so addicted to this game!?!

Like Robo said, it's still the best 1st person shooter.
    08-06-09 04:13 PM
    infuriating, isnt it?

i cant figure out why i am so addicted either. every single time i play, i end up pissed off, outside chainsmoking and chugging beer trying to calm down.

but i always come back. not always right away (i went a few months without playing it, just watched my roommates play 24/7) but i come back every time.

and im sure mw2 will be the same.
    08-06-09 04:56 PM
    Okay that was you! I have a Dragonov (sp?) that I was sniping with (the map with the underground tunnel and warehouses). Anyway, I was clear across the field sniping people and this guy (with a P90 / silenced) was on a rooftop and killed me with 1 burst...

Why oh why am I so addicted to this game!?!

Like Robo said, it's still the best 1st person shooter.
    Lol I do that to a few people. You'll stick your head out a window and hear 50's shooting at you, and bullets hitting theside of the window, then I just aim, click click click, bing! Headshot Then I reload, and move over to a new window incase he comes to get me

infuriating, isnt it?

i cant figure out why i am so addicted either. every single time i play, i end up pissed off, outside chainsmoking and chugging beer trying to calm down.

but i always come back. not always right away (i went a few months without playing it, just watched my roommates play 24/7) but i come back every time.

and im sure mw2 will be the same.
    Yeah, I stopped playing for about 2 months and just started again this week
    08-06-09 10:59 PM
    And I probably wont be playing for another few months. I'm so sick of the crap excuse for programming coming from these companies. The bare minimum, then the game gets sold... $70 for a game? I mean Treyarch screwed up huge, I'll never buy another product from them.. Heck, if I hear someone say they work for Treyarch, I'll do my best to run the ****** over.

I keep thinking COD 4 is good, but really it sucks too. The only reason it seems good is because of how terrible COD 5 is... The hosts suck, always ending games to suit them. You can still glitch the games, and switch teams. The guns have never been realistic.

Infinity Ward and Treyarch should take a field trip to Rockstar and see how real programmers make games. Now there's a group of people who take pride in their work If they make a GTA5, I don't care if it's $200, I'll be buying it
    08-07-09 10:49 PM
    And I probably wont be playing for another few months. I'm so sick of the crap excuse for programming coming from these companies. The bare minimum, then the game gets sold... $70 for a game? I mean Treyarch screwed up huge, I'll never buy another product from them.. Heck, if I hear someone say they work for Treyarch, I'll do my best to run the ****** over.

I keep thinking COD 4 is good, but really it sucks too. The only reason it seems good is because of how terrible COD 5 is... The hosts suck, always ending games to suit them. You can still glitch the games, and switch teams. The guns have never been realistic.

Infinity Ward and Treyarch should take a field trip to Rockstar and see how real programmers make games. Now there's a group of people who take pride in their work If they make a GTA5, I don't care if it's $200, I'll be buying it
    my last game was $149 i got the extreme package with the safety deposit box and all that.
    08-09-09 10:12 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD