still scared. i'll just keep poppin' advil... and not eating lol
    aww!! no need to be scared... =)
    I'd take excellent care of you

Sunkast - about your broken tooth, does it hurt or is there sensitivity to hot/cold? if there is, does it linger? any of those would indicate that you are near the pulp / have a pulp exposure, and should get it taken care of right away...if you just push it off, it'll get infected, and the pain will be much, much worse. worst case scenario, if you can't afford the root canal and crown, you can always have it pulled... which tooth is it?
    03-22-08 04:56 PM
    aww!! no need to be scared... =)
    I'd take excellent care of you
    lol, promise?
    03-22-08 04:58 PM
    the last time i went to the dentist was BRUTAL to say the least. I needed to get a tooth pulled and when he went to start I told him that I wasn't fully numbed.. so he just goes yeah that's normal..

so he starts to pull it and it bloody well hurts worse then anything I've ever felt before. and i start to scream and the tooth breaks.. so I'm crying and screaming and he starts to dig to get the piece of the tooth he broke off...

at this point i start shaking uncontrollably and they have to get someone to hold my head still so they can finish... took me the better part of the hour to stop shaking and to start breathing normally again before i could leave...

and whats worse is not once did he stop to think.. gee maybe i should give her more drugs...

needless to say I'll NEVER go back to him again. NEVER
    03-22-08 07:50 PM
    Newfette thts a horrible experience !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 07:58 PM
    the last time i went to the dentist was BRUTAL to say the least. I needed to get a tooth pulled and when he went to start I told him that I wasn't fully numbed.. so he just goes yeah that's normal..

so he starts to pull it and it bloody well hurts worse then anything I've ever felt before. and i start to scream and the tooth breaks.. so I'm crying and screaming and he starts to dig to get the piece of the tooth he broke off...

at this point i start shaking uncontrollably and they have to get someone to hold my head still so they can finish... took me the better part of the hour to stop shaking and to start breathing normally again before i could leave...

and whats worse is not once did he stop to think.. gee maybe i should give her more drugs...

needless to say I'll NEVER go back to him again. NEVER

my tooth was fine until i read this lol
    03-22-08 07:59 PM
    lol I'm sorry...

i'm sure other dentists were fine... this guy was just a horrible dentist
    03-22-08 08:02 PM
    I pretty much hate the dentist because EVERYTHING the dentist does hurts or is uncomfortable!
    03-22-08 08:07 PM
    Awww Sunkast, I feel so bad for you!! Try some mashed potatoes, or chicken broth.. That always works for me....
    03-22-08 09:39 PM
    but yes, sunkast, i hope you feel better. the anbesol ain't workin' for me anymore lol
    03-22-08 10:37 PM
    Cate, don't wait too long to go, it makes it so much worse. I have had so many root canals, I lost count... I wish you the best!!! Its always better just to get it over with!!!!
    03-22-08 10:41 PM
    Thank you all. I just had a nice turkey sandwich. I would have had chips with it but I think th at would have been too hard right now.

Cate, we need to figure out a way so that are teeth are bullet proof.
    03-23-08 12:37 AM
    Cate, we need to figure out a way so that are teeth are bullet proof.
    I've been thinking for months now. So far, I got nothing. Do you have any ideas?
    03-23-08 02:05 AM
    My theory is that all destists were in their past lives working at the Nazi death camps. They take pleasure in causing my excrutiating pain.
    03-23-08 05:56 AM
    lol, promise?
    Yes, I promise
    03-23-08 09:34 AM
    Yes, I promise
    ok, then i might need to do something about it.

i woke up CRYING @ 7am lol
    03-24-08 01:26 AM
    luckily I was born with perfect teeth. no cavities, no deformities, nada. All straight and clean. The dentists hate me because they can't bank a dime off of me outside of a regular cleaning lol.
    03-24-08 02:41 AM
    ok, then i might need to do something about it.

i woke up CRYING @ 7am lol
    aww!! sorry to hear that
    if it's at the point it's waking you up cuz of the pain, yeah, you're definitely at the root canal stage...of the over the counter pain killers, ibuprofen seems to work the best for dental pain...
    03-24-08 12:46 PM
    my sister is a dentist & she's prob the only dentist i wouldn't bite..

i've hated the dentist since i was a lil girl lol
    03-24-08 02:11 PM
    I love a dentist. I'm married to one. He is a wonderful man that cares about the health of his patients. I haven't had a cavity in a long time, so I only see the hygienist anyway.

There are some rotten nuggets out there that make good men like mine look bad. I used to hate going to a dentist. I even had a phobia of them.

For example: I get free healthcare because I am part AK Native but surely do not use it - the majority of dentists that we have in Indian Health Service are crap. Many are there because they can't hack it in private practice. For this reason I quit using IHS dentists a LONG TIME ago.
    03-24-08 03:35 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD