So I'm looking for my birthmother and am using a service recommended by the TV show, "The Locator.". I was just curious if anyone has heard of the company "Search Quest America" and what your experience was like with them?

If not, any websites out there to see if they're a reputable organization? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 02:56 PM
    Do you know your real mothers name?

04-06-09 03:06 PM
    Yea. I have all that information with the court papers

04-06-09 03:09 PM
    You're lucky you've got a name to go by!
    My father was adopted in 1950, and all we have are clues: her age, the father's age, that she worked in a fur shop, nationalities...
    And also, that he was adopted through Catholic Charities, and they're rather known for lying.

Best of luck in your search!!!

04-06-09 04:55 PM
    My mother, aunt, my brother, and I were adopted at birth never had any interest in finding birth parents though.

04-06-09 05:36 PM
    Yea. I have all that information with the court papers

Write a letter to Social Security, stating you were separated and trying to get back together. Give your contact information, worked for someone I know.
    04-06-09 05:44 PM
    Dude, do an online search through the criminal history databases. It will cost you a little bit of money, but it will give you current address, criminal history, etc.

Hope this helps.

04-06-09 11:36 PM
    Both of my parents and my uncle on my mum's side are adopted. I think someone tried to contact my dad a few years ago but he wasn't interested.

As far as I know, none of them are bothered about tracing biological families, but I really applaud your decision to do so, it can't have been an easy one to make.

04-07-09 08:55 AM
    Dude, do an online search through the criminal history databases. It will cost you a little bit of money, but it will give you current address, criminal history, etc.

Hope this helps.

Yea... I've received a contract from an organization that helps reunite people. They want $695 to do the research which is steep as ****. I'm almost positive I can find a different company to do the same **** for cheaper.
    04-07-09 01:47 PM
    I'm adopted, have been since birth, but to be honest never really wanted to meet my birth parents. I'm so grateful to them for being unselfish and finding me wonderful parents, and that's all I need.
    04-10-09 10:54 PM
    I'm adopted as well...its funny you bring this topic up...I was recently contacted.(within the last 6 mos) by one of my birth sisters..turns out i have 8 birth brothers and sisters..scattered throughout the US..she had been looking for her siblings since the 80"s and i was the last one she found...she used the service where she/I were adopted from..to be honest i am still "reeling" from this and have spoken to her on the phone and we have exchanged a few letters..(hand written is more personal) i recieved a letter from the adoption agency and to be honest i didnt believe it..finally called and had to give all my info for verification purposes. Finally i was contacted by my birth sister. She sent a full booklet with laminated pages and everything going back to when i was born..by the time i got done reading the intro page i was in tears...it was/is a very very emotional topic for me,and i would assume anyone else who has been in this situation as well..i do wish you the best of luck with your search and if i can help in anyway feel free to contact me via PM.

JC
    04-13-09 09:24 PM
    Hey I have totally heard of this company. They reunited a friend of mine, and I definitely recommend them. $695 seems like a lot, but you can't beat the service they offer--they even make the first contact and everything. Dude, no background check or like $50 internet search gets you what they do, and when it comes to searches like this you get what you pay for. I say go for it.
    04-19-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD